FDA Ban On Pregnenolone And Progesterone?

bk_

I received this in my mailing list:
There’s an all-out assault taking place on women’s hormones right now.

First, the FDA is trying to shut down your right to choose bioidentical hormones, everything from creams and pellets to Pregnenolone (here’s a Google Doc summarizing the recent secretive hearings).

Note: About 90% of the presenters were AGAINST a women’s right to choose, stating that only synthetic hormones have ANY clinical utility for women.
This could be extremely devastating to many of us, I’ve skimmed through the google docs link and hearings. Can anyone else chime in?

Dobbler

Im sure the reason behind this is that pregnenolone and progesterone have both amazing health benefits and outperform and render all the toxic drugs they are pushing completely useless. Statins, BP drugs, SSRIs , you name it, Preg and Prog both beat all these and are completely safe without toxicities or side effects.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I received this in my mailing list:

This could be extremely devastating to many of us, I’ve skimmed through the google docs link and hearings. Can anyone else chime in?

The statement you received in your mailing list is pretty much the exact opposite to the discussion in that Google Doc link. The summary of that conference described in the Google doc (and sponsored by the FDA) is below.
"...Review and assess the available evidence (or lack of evidence) regarding the safety and effectiveness of compounded BHT drug products; Based on the available evidence, summarize findings and make recommendations with respect to whether – there is clinical utility for compounded BHT drug products; – the available evidence of safety and effectiveness supports use of compounded BHT drug products to treat patients; and – there are patient populations that might need a compounded BHT drug product in lieu of an FDA-approved drug product. "

So, it sounds to me that the gist of the conference and its main goal is to convince the FDA that bioidentical HRT does have a role in clinical practice and should continue. Also, I could not find any discussions of progesterone and pregnenolone in that Google doc. Pregnenoline is mentioned only once and the speaker simply says there is not much data on it.
So, unless I am missing something obvious, I really do not see how the statement that there is an assault from FDA on pregnenolone/progesterone is supported by the information in that Google doc link. Is there any way you ask the mailing list sender for clarification?

Back
Top Bottom