Fav Salty Snack?

Hans

Forum Supporter
What's your favorite salty snack when you don't want to prep food?
For me it's cured/dried meat, anchovies, feta and on some occasions, lays (chips).

Cloudhands

Boulder canyon makes a good coconut oil potato chip. I think the best tho is chocolate with sea salt. Of course theres pecorino romano. Oh and if you dehydrate banana slices u can make banana chips and put salt on them, same with plantain chips. Coffee aint too bad with salt mixed in as well.

Summer

Moon Cheese is the new go-to. Getting a little tired of it, but it’s Peaty.

Jackson’s Honest used to have a blue corn chip with coconut oil that was great with some salsa. Now I only see their potato chips which I’m not as big on.

If I didn’t care about PUFA: peanut butter, honey and salted butter sandwiches. I miss those a little...

Arnold Grape

Boulder canyon makes a good coconut oil potato chip. I think the best tho is chocolate with sea salt. Of course theres pecorino romano. Oh and if you dehydrate banana slices u can make banana chips and put salt on them, same with plantain chips. Coffee aint too bad with salt mixed in as well.
Do you still get the Boulder Canyon Potato Chips in stores, bc I can no longer find the ones made with coconut oil?

Nicole W.

Do you still get the Boulder Canyon Potato Chips in stores, bc I can no longer find the ones made with coconut oil?
I think they were discontinued unfortunately. The Pringles-like chips from the Good Crisp Company are very good. Not made with coconut oil.. palm oil instead, have pretty minimal ingredients if you opt for the plain ones. The flavored ones are delicious but there are a few more ingredients in those that may be objectionable to some people. I don’t eat them often so I don’t worry about it.

Arnold Grape

I think they were discontinued unfortunately. The Pringles-like chips from the Good Crisp Company are very good. Not made with coconut oil.. palm oil instead, have pretty minimal ingredients if you opt for the plain ones. The flavored ones are delicious but there are a few more ingredients in those that may be objectionable to some people. I don’t eat them often so I don’t worry about it.
I was afraid that the BC chips had been discontinued. The alternate is the Boulder Potato Chips made with Olive Oil, but they are pretty bad. Not potato chips, but the Lesser Evil Popcorn, with coconut oil is pretty good. They make all different flavors.

equipoise

Dude there's so much dried/cured meat in the eastern europe bloc it's insane.

******* pig fat on a piece of bread with a little bit of paprika, and about 200g of some good dried meat (usually pork's).

And ofcourse I won't even mention the bell peppers etc

Nicole W.

One thing I’ve been doing lately is preparing popcorn with CO and then add grass fed melted butter on top. To that I sprinkle either black truffle salt ( amazing!) or a seasoning with minimal ingredients. There is an online spice shop called Savory Spice that carries different seasonings/spice blends for popcorn. Their Desert Dill-ight is a Dill seasoning that makes the popcorn have a dill pickle flavor. It’s pretty addictive. There’s nothing offensive in the ingredients in that one, although you’d have to check for the others. They also have a great catalog of recipes if you’re interested.

Jennifer

I was afraid that the BC chips had been discontinued. The alternate is the Boulder Potato Chips made with Olive Oil, but they are pretty bad. Not potato chips, but the Lesser Evil Popcorn, with coconut oil is pretty good. They make all different flavors.
I’m not sure if utz discontinued the product, but my family gets the BC coconut oil chips from Amazon and Vitacost and I just checked and they’re still in stock:

https://www.amazon.com/Boulder-Canyon-Coconut-NON-GMO-Verified/dp/B01K1X736O

https://www.vitacost.com/boulder-canyon-coconut-oil-potato-chips

Jib

It is a very small amount of prep. But salted Mission tortillas that I cook in the air fryer with shredded cheese on top.

Fried in a pan with hydrogenated coconut oil is very good too, but I find overdoing fat kind of makes me feel like garbage. Just some shredded cheese and salt on a warm tortilla works very nicely. I also make kefir cream cheese, it takes a little prep but you can cook that in a pan with salt, cumin, paprika, whatever other spices you like, and make a very nice and savory sauce that goes very well with tortillas.

gaze

Does everyone here digest those boulder canyon chips well? Coconut oil chips always make my stomach feel weird, it may just be cause they use unrefined coconut oil which I’m probably sensitive to

Arnold Grape

Does everyone here digest those boulder canyon chips well? Coconut oil chips always make my stomach feel weird, it may just be cause they use unrefined coconut oil which I’m probably sensitive to
I noticed the Jackson’s Potato chips digested less good than the Boulder ones, probably due to whatever coconut oil the former was using. I cannot find either, unless by special order so I guess it’s moot — probably best to stay away from these things altogether, but they do make a good snack.

Regina

Moon Cheese is the new go-to. Getting a little tired of it, but it’s Peaty.

Jackson’s Honest used to have a blue corn chip with coconut oil that was great with some salsa. Now I only see their potato chips which I’m not as big on.

If I didn’t care about PUFA: peanut butter, honey and salted butter sandwiches. I miss those a little...
lol. I admit to eating my dog's cheese treats:
PureBites® Freeze Dried Cheddar Cheese Treats | Dogs Treats | Purebites.com

Herbie

I used to get these in Australia and they really messed me up, I was suspicious of the unrefined coconut oil (I later tried to have something made with coconut flour and had an allergic reaction) I cannot stand the smell of coconut anymore and makes me feel sick and feel disgusted my coconut now.

I found these air popped chips with high oleic sunflower oil which have only 7grams of fat per 100 so if I do crave the chips, I get those.