Fatigue, NH4 / Ammonia, Glutamine

PeatThemAll

Go this from Facebook. Italics by me.

Shawn Bean Its not all about performance, but ones overall health and well being. The same principle could be applied to people who have high ammonia levels through medical conditions where states of pseudo or complete hypoxia is present. Already started to apply it to a case where they are on an oxygen tank as a result of misdiagnosed lyme disease causing dysautonia with elevated levels of ammonia levels. Hopefully goal is to get them off oxygen and retrain their system to breath on its own. Most advances in medicine can be associated with the athletes who are using their body as lab rats as I have done in the past which has lead to new areas of exploration. All for the glory of science ...

George Touliatos ΝΗ4 also rises as a result of high protein intake,during ketogenic diets and glycogen depletion states.Urea goes sky high and ammonia is wasted through sweat and skin.It has a characteristic odor.Glutamine could help

George Touliatos Hyperventilation leads to hypoxia=>hypocapnia (CO2 ellimination)=>hyperammonemia.Hyperventilation could be the result of a lactic acidosis,or hysteria

Shawn Bean In a state of inflammation glutamine will convert into glutamate which can cause increased excitation. If a person is on a high protein diet and has genetic predisposition to COMT then this can be problematic for many reaaons. If a person is on high protein diet along with a functional b6 deficiency glutamine may go to glutamate then may not br converted back to gaba due to decrease of the glutamate decaroxylase enzyme. They also may be low in manganese which I find most athlete low in due to increased oxidative stress and increased expression of the SOD2 . I had to discontinue many athletes on glutamine as it was the source of their unknown excitation result in neurological issues for many years. Some even had to be medicate as result. After stopping glutamine they neurological symptoms decreased as well as their needs for meds. These cases where more likely to have more GAD gene expression present which lead me to discontinue the glutamine.

George Touliatos Pyridoxine could actualy increase protein uptake and metabolism.Also has slight diuretic properties

Fatigue is just not only about lactic acid production,but ammonia (NH4) as well.