Fat Under Chin, Puffy Face When I Stopped Taking Dhea And Pregnenolone

Mr.Tayto

I stopped taking Dhea and pregnenolone about year ago but it was almost with a few days/weeks i put on weight and i gotta double chin....the double chin came before the fat and it the last thing to go im finding at i lose weight. Im finding it very embarrassing. Im finding it hard to lose the weight. Ive never been fat mostly lean and strong with a chiselled/strong jawline. Then stopping Dhea/pregnenolone has messed me up....i would have thought my body would have found its balance back by now but i dont know what do.
Any body have any answers to this?

Hans

Forum Supporter
How old are you and what dosages did you take?

You might have low androgen production and when you stopped, it showed, or you have elevated estrogen and cortisol that is causing the water/fat gain.

Btw, what's your diet like?

OP
M

Mr.Tayto

@Hans Thanks for your reply. Im 29 years old, i was taking from memory a mix 25mg dhea/ 45mg pregnenolone...i think. it was a year ago, took for 2 years.

My diet is the best its ever been, ive always had a reasonably good diet but now its really dialled in. Fruit, veg, meat, liver, seafood, no alcohol for 7 months now etc

I was suspecting it maybe estrogen, cortisol.
Any suggestions to control this, ive ordered Hcg to up my androgens, ive got Estroban from idealabs so will go back to using that, also have vitamin e.

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans Thanks for your reply. Im 29 years old, i was taking from memory a mix 25mg dhea/ 45mg pregnenolone...i think. it was a year ago, took for 2 years.

My diet is the best its ever been, ive always had a reasonably good diet but now its really dialled in. Fruit, veg, meat, liver, seafood, no alcohol for 7 months now etc

I was suspecting it maybe estrogen, cortisol.
Any suggestions to control this, ive ordered Hcg to up my androgens, ive got Estroban from idealabs so will go back to using that, also have vitamin e.
25mg might be a little high can over such a long period can definitely lead to elevated estrogen. The aromatase activity depends on the individual of course. I would rather start at a really low dose like 5mg.
Have you had any labs done for your androgens?
Maybe you can try Gonadin first instead of the Hcg just to check if you can boost it naturally. Gonadin also helps to lower excess cortisol and estrogen.

baccheion

25mg might be a little high can over such a long period can definitely lead to elevated estrogen. The aromatase activity depends on the individual of course. I would rather start at a really low dose like 5mg.
Maybe you can try Gonadin first instead of the Hcg just to check if you can boost it naturally. Gonadin also helps to lower excess cortisol and estrogen.
Yea, more than 5 mg requires lower body fat (8-14%) and good metabolism/HPTA/thyroid/health/nutrition.

Ray Sahelian recommends 1-5 mg/day, with a maximum of ~2 mg if using regularly. The same recommendation was made for pregnenolone. Typically 1 mg is subtracted from pregnenolone for each 1 mg added DHEA, implying 1 mg + 1 mg stack.

5 days on + 2 days off, every other day, a few times a week, or 4 weeks on + 2-4 weeks off don't sound like bad frequencies.

IIRC, @haidut said DHEA isn't needed if lower amounts of pregnenolone are used as pathways aren't saturated (ie, can convert to DHEA as required).

Last edited:
OP
M

Mr.Tayto

Yes my androgens have been tested Free test is 290 pmol/L down from 330 over 2 years ago, down from 440 before that. Yes i have sone gonadin at home, il try that again and see how i go. It found Gonadin stressed ne a little and made me tired...
Yea, more than 5 mg requires lower body fat (8-14%) and good metabolism/HPTA/thyroid/health/nutrition.

Ray Sahelian recommends 1-5 mg/day, with a maximum of ~2 mg if using regularly. The same recommendation was made for pregnenolone. Typically 1 mg is subtracted from pregnenolone for each 1 mg added DHEA, implying 1 mg + 1 mg stack.

5 days on + 2 days off, every other day, a few times a week, or 4 weeks on + 2-4 weeks off don't sound like bad frequencies.

IIRC, @haidut said DHEA isn't needed if lower amounts of pregnenolone are used as pathways aren't saturated (ie, can convert to DHEA as required).

Ya i have sone Panesterone at home too, i used to feel some postive from it i.e. stronger firmer muscles but nothing for sex drive, i will stack gondain and panesterone and see how i go.

Im trying Testojack 300 from now foods and Testro X by Chris Walker but not seeing much improvement.

I hope i have not shut down my natural production of Dhea and Pregnenolone

OP
M

Mr.Tayto

Also i took Cyproheptadine around the time i came off the dhea and pregnenolone, what i didnt know is it can lower T and it definitely felt like this when i took it. Any way of increasing T due to down regulation from Cyproheptadine?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Also i took Cyproheptadine around the time i came off the dhea and pregnenolone, what i didnt know is it can lower T and it definitely felt like this when i took it. Any way of increasing T due to down regulation from Cyproheptadine?
Might be the slight anti-dopaminergic effect of the cypro. Dopamine lowers prolactin and animals with very low prolactin are hypersexual. Maybe diamant (adamantane) which boosts dopamine and vit E that lowers prolactin and boosts steroidogenesis can help.

The Gonadin might make you tired as it lowers cortisol and increases GABA. I also felt super chill when I took it last.

Free T usually decreases due to an increase in SHBG. Estrogen potently increases SHBG.

OP
M

Mr.Tayto

Might be the slight anti-dopaminergic effect of the cypro. Dopamine lowers prolactin and animals with very low prolactin are hypersexual. Maybe diamant (adamantane) which boosts dopamine and vit E that lowers prolactin and boosts steroidogenesis can help.

The Gonadin might make you tired as it lowers cortisol and increases GABA. I also felt super chill when I took it last.

Free T usually decreases due to an increase in SHBG. Estrogen potently increases SHBG.

Thanks Hans, i will look into adamantane. My prolaction number have been increasing over the years 282 miu/L as over 2018, 118miu/l in 2013.

Hopefully can get to the bottom of this and no permanent damage has been done.

bk_

Progesterone Pregnenolone & DHEA - Three Youth-Associated Hormones

Young people produce about 12 to 15 milligrams of DHEA per day, and that amount decreases by about 2 mg. per day for every decade after the age of 30.

It is important to avoid taking more than needed, since some people (especially if they are deficient in progesterone, pregnenolone, or thyroid) can turn the excess into estrogen or testosterone, and large amounts of those sex hormones can disturb the function of the thymus gland and the liver.

People who have taken an excess of DHEA have been found to have abnormally high estrogen levels, and this can cause the liver to enlarge, and the thymus to shrink.

One study has found that the only hormone abnormality in a groupt of Alzheimers patients' brains was an excess of DHEA. In cell culture, DHEA can cause changes in glial cells resembling those seen in the aging brain. These observations suggest that DHEA should be used with caution. Supplements of pregnenolone and thyroid seem to be the safest way to optimize DHEA production.

OP
M

Mr.Tayto

Thank you Bk, ive read something like this before. Scarily enough i have notice i become quite forgetful since coming off it, not a placebo effect either im sure of it. I know the about like says and excess but ive noticed it more since i came of it almost like the dhea/preg combo was helping but by going on and coming off ive disturbed my owns bodys balance.
Ive heard about peptide bioregulators for the thymus maybe those might help

baccheion

Thank you Bk, ive read something like this before. Scarily enough i have notice i become quite forgetful since coming off it, not a placebo effect either im sure of it. I know the about like says and excess but ive noticed it more since i came of it almost like the dhea/preg combo was helping but by going on and coming off ive disturbed my owns bodys balance.
Maybe get liquid drops and taper down rather than stopping abruptly.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Preg and DHEA are NMDA agonists that help with focus, memory and other brain related processes.

So yeah, taking the DHEA acted only as a patch and not a "cure". Boosting it naturally is the way to go. Keep stress hormones under control and optimize thyroid is a good place to start.

GorillaHead

Interesting. I feel like Cypro could be the cause of my muscle weakness. I am on finasteride as well. Everyone I know on it has gotten stronger so idk how I got weaker

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting. I feel like Cypro could be the cause of my muscle weakness. I am on finasteride as well. Everyone I know on it has gotten stronger so idk how I got weaker
That's probably due to cypro's anticholinergic and antihistamine effect.

Fin is not good, like everyone else is saying. If you wanted to lower DHT, why not rather attempt it naturally to see if it helps any?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals