Fat Tastes Disgusting

Hugh Johnson

I have spent a month eating very low fat (<2g a day) and now I feel stange. I made some spring rolls, and I can't eat them. Too fatty.

I seem to have lost no weight during the month. Now my appetite is generally strange. I don't feel hungry at all, although I have a peculiar craving for sugar.

My hands and feet feel warm, pulse is above 80. Any similar experience or where to look for answers?

Every time I go too low in fat, I feel awful. I cant sleep, think straight, and all I can think about is butter and beef.

In a way it feels very similar to low carb but instead of hypoglycemic I feel hypolipid if thats a term. Haha

Maybe it takes time for cells to adapt to those extremes but I can never make it past a few days.

Parsifal

I have no appetite at all (even if I skip a meal), saturated fat is disgusting as well for me, the taste is just horrible. I never craved salt in my life and don't feel different if I take some or don't take it. I feel like ***t even when eating low fat, with fat, loads of calories, trying different supplements, being sure of eating all vitamins/minerals, taking or not taking milk, gelatin, calcium to P ratio, drinking low or high liquids, not worrying about what I eat, how much red light I get, raw carrot, etc. When I started coffee it gave me so much energy at first, now I'm tired and I'm still anhedonic as ****. Not a single feeling of pleasure in 5 years. I feel like a sociopath. Constipated (despite thyroid that changed NOTHING), weak, etc.
I think that my life and health are ****88 up wathever I will do. Thinking about ending it.

hmac

Hugh Johnson said:
post 112045 I have spent a month eating very low fat (<2g a day) and now I feel stange. I made some spring rolls, and I can't eat them. Too fatty.

I seem to have lost no weight during the month. Now my appetite is generally strange. I don't feel hungry at all, although I have a peculiar craving for sugar.

My hands and feet feel warm, pulse is above 80. Any similar experience or where to look for answers?

In terms of lack of appetite - Perhaps your insulin sensitivity has increased greatly due to lack of competition from FFAs, thereby allowing insulin levels to drop extremely low and remain low. I'm sure you'd thought of this already.

Do you feel good? Did you notice anything else happen over this period of time? How does a craving for sugar manifest itself independently of appetite?

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

@Parsifal,
If you are in danger, please reach out for help that is available near you.
And eat anyway, even if you have no appetite. You will have no energy for life, for recover or for solving any problems if you don't eat.

tara

@Hugh,
I don't know all the ins and outs, but I wouldn't try to force a big increase in fat suddenly - your system may be sufficiently out of the habit that it might not handle it now. So if you do decide to change in the future, please do it gradually.

DaveFoster

I eat at least 30% of my calories from dairy fat. There exists no greater pleasure than ice cream, cheese, and heavy cream mixed with milk and sugar.

michael94

How's your blood sugar if you go too long without a meal or are you just constantly eating

Strongbad

Based on your symptoms, you're actually getting better IMO. Better metabolism, better pulse. If I were you I'd keep going.

Hugh Johnson said:
post 112045 I have spent a month eating very low fat (<2g a day) and now I feel stange. I made some spring rolls, and I can't eat them. Too fatty.

Your body is getting better. It tells you that now it prefers sugar/carb over fat. You should listen to it. Fat in general is not necessary for ideal diet. You only need minimum amount of it, even if it's saturated fat.

Hugh Johnson said:

You may have high cortisol. High cortisol prevents you from losing fat efficiently. Try supplements that lower/flush out cortisol, like cascara, relora and activated charcoal.

Your liver seem to metabolizes a bit better, though. That's why you're craving for sugar. Your liver needs more sugar to fuel its higher metabolism. Hmac is also right about your insulin level.

Hugh Johnson said:

So what's the problem? Your temp is better, your pulse is better. Your metabolism improves. Aren't these what you want out of Peating in the first place?

I've been on low-fat diet for 1 month and 3 weeks now. My temp was 97.9F before diet. Yesterday, it was 98.7F. Also lost almost 9lbs from 192lbs to 183lbs today. I've never consumed cypro in my entire life, so the temp is generated solely by diet. Everything is good so far.

33n7x9f.jpg

OP
Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson

Thanks everyone for your answers. It seems I developed a preference for sugar. Minor improvements in brain function, but no real changes. I can eat fat again, but don't particularly enjoy it.

YuraCZ

Westside PUFAs said:
For me avocado has like metaly taste. When I taste avocado for the first time. I was like "oh it's spoiled". But animal fat with some salt is completely different story. Especially poultry with crispy skin OMG. :smug

milk_lover

High carb food (bread with no oil, OJ, milk, sucrose, etc.) give my face the "glow". When I eat high-fat meal, my face becomes dark with no life. I think my body prefers sugar to fat now since I've increased my metabolism and supplemented B1, B3, B7, coffee, Aspirin, Mg and taurine. I hope my health gets better with time and all your healths.

YuraCZ

milk_lover said:
post 114398 High carb food (bread with no oil, OJ, milk, sucrose, etc.) give my face the "glow". When I eat high-fat meal, my face becomes dark with no life. I think my body prefers sugar to fat now since I've increased my metabolism and supplemented B1, B3, B7, coffee, Aspirin, Mg and taurine. I hope my health gets better with time and all your healths.
Why just B1,B3,B7? Why not B1,B6, folate etc..? I supplement B1 and B6 and for others I just eat chicken or turkey liver..

EIRE24

Strongbad said:
Based on your symptoms, you're actually getting better IMO. Better metabolism, better pulse. If I were you I'd keep going.

Hugh Johnson said:

Your body is getting better. It tells you that now it prefers sugar/carb over fat. You should listen to it. Fat in general is not necessary for ideal diet. You only need minimum amount of it, even if it's saturated fat.

Hugh Johnson said:

You may have high cortisol. High cortisol prevents you from losing fat efficiently. Try supplements that lower/flush out cortisol, like cascara, relora and activated charcoal.

Your liver seem to metabolizes a bit better, though. That's why you're craving for sugar. Your liver needs more sugar to fuel its higher metabolism. Hmac is also right about your insulin level.

Hugh Johnson said:

So what's the problem? Your temp is better, your pulse is better. Your metabolism improves. Aren't these what you want out of Peating in the first place?

I've been on low-fat diet for 1 month and 3 weeks now. My temp was 97.9F before diet. Yesterday, it was 98.7F. Also lost almost 9lbs from 192lbs to 183lbs today. I've never consumed cypro in my entire life, so the temp is generated solely by diet. Everything is good so far.

What does your daily diet look like and what how many calories?

milk_lover

YuraCZ said:
post 114405
milk_lover said:
post 114398 High carb food (bread with no oil, OJ, milk, sucrose, etc.) give my face the "glow". When I eat high-fat meal, my face becomes dark with no life. I think my body prefers sugar to fat now since I've increased my metabolism and supplemented B1, B3, B7, coffee, Aspirin, Mg and taurine. I hope my health gets better with time and all your healths.
Why just B1,B3,B7? Why not B1,B6, folate etc..? I supplement B1 and B6 and for others I just eat chicken or turkey liver..
I eat lamb daily and liver weekly plus sea food and sometimes chicken sandwich or something. I get enough B6 I think. Plus Ray Peat doesn't recommend big doses of B6, I think of it as an occasional supplement if I remember taking it in the first place. Why B1, B3, and B7? because those help with sugar metabolism the most and they're odd numbers, the cool guys :cool: BTW, I tried chicken liver, and I almost puked!

TheDrumGuy

OP it sounds like you accomplished the things a lot of people in this forum are going for. How do you feel these days, are all your health problems gone?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals