IPlayDart

If humans are supposed to eat a high- fat diet, why does fat taste so unbearably disgusting?
You just get an instant puke reflex when ingesting fat into you mouth. It only gets bearable when adding carbs or lots of spices. Protein makes it taste okay, but you still get that disgusting fat taste in your mouth.

Carbs on the other hand, are satisfying.

L_C

If humans are supposed to eat a high- fat diet, why does fat taste so unbearably disgusting?
You just get an instant puke reflex when ingesting fat into you mouth. It only gets bearable when adding carbs or lots of spices. Protein makes it taste okay, but you still get that disgusting fat taste in your mouth.

Carbs on the other hand, are satisfying.
Hm, I love fat from ribeye steak.... absolutely craving it or bacon. It doesn't take disgusting to me. I don't eat fat purely on its own but if it is a part of meat I love it!

youngsinatra

Hm, I love fat from ribeye steak.... absolutely craving it or bacon. It doesn't take disgusting to me. I don't eat fat purely on its own but if it is a part of meat I love it!
Wholeheartedly agree. I love the taste fatty red meat, bacon, eggs, full fat greek yoghurt with dark chocolate, olive-oil drizzled chicken drumsticks, some mixed nuts. Cannot eat all of those due to allergies, but the taste is still very delicious.

Isolated fats/oils are not tasty, but neither is refined sugar.

FrostedShores

I love the taste of tallow, butter, coconut oil, etc. Growing up, my mom would get so mad at me for eating sticks of butter from the fridge. I don't do that anymore, but fatty food is delicious.

Most carbs taste pretty bland to me. A bowl of pasta with no sauce? Or plain potatoes? Or white rice with no seasoning? For me, carbs need plenty of salt, spices, and fat to make them good. The only exception is fruit and honey.

Luann

Maybe you've noticed but there's older thread with this exact title.

I think the mix of macros is important for taste and appetite. It's why chicken alfredo hits just right ✨

Jennifer

You just get an instant puke reflex when ingesting fat into you mouth.

I get that reflex with most fats, especially poultry fat, however, I could drink raw dairy cream and coconut cream all day long.

Summer

To be fair, fruits, syrup and honey are just about the only carbs that taste good on their own. Everything else needs to be processed or cooked to even be tolerable, let alone digestible.

76er

I think it is fair to say that generally speaking fat is the most palatable. That's why ppl can stick to Keto the longest (again, generally speaking) over other "eat this, don't eat that" diets.

Phosphor

Is it the taste or the texture? I have a friend who simply cannot eat meat because of the texture. He gags, and of course is vegetarian.

Runenight201

I actually don't mind the taste, but I am beginning to suspect that fat is no good for my body. I'm going to try and keep my carb sources high from complex carbs and then lean protein meats and see if that will fix my panel of mental and physical illnesses.