Fat Loss Supplements To Take & Avoid

cyclops

I've pieced together from other threads that if someone is trying to lose body fat they should take additional Vitamin E and avoid Aspirin and Niacinamide.

Is this pretty much accepted as true?

How much Vitamin E and at what times (with food, empty stomach, several times a day, etc) is best?

Anything else to take more of when cutting fat? Or to take less of or cut out completely?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Forskolin, yohimbine (but works best when fasting) carnitine, capsaicin, vit D, thyroid, coconut oil/MCT, ashwagandha (but more weightlifter orientated), ma huang, etc. There are many more other compounds that increase resting energy expenditure that might be too much to list haha...
Not sure on vitamin E on fat loss, but it will protect the body against oxidative stress as well as when toxins are released from fat stores during fat loss. 100-200IU is probably enough for a sedentary to lightly active individual during fat loss. Maybe split up the 100-200IU dose and take it with your meals so that you have a constant supply of vitamin E during the fat loss.
400IU when doing weight training every day.
With food is best. Just use it a few hours apart from your weight training session so it doesn't interfere with your body's own ability to adapt to the stressor. It's best to listen to your body and take it depending on how you react to it.

paymanz

I don't pay much attention to what substances lower FFA release. With aspirin and NAD , biotin, all FFA suppressors, you still gonna have a base FFA level.maybe its better to don't take high doses of them. I personally don't take high doses of NAD for example.

Its just the matter of time for weight loss.the slower , the safer.

Best strategy is to limit fat intake as much as possible, and watch your total calorie intake.

Of curse its not easy to eat a low fat diet, most people don't enjoy it.

Also improving dopamine system is very important, just like thyroid.

Dopamine boosts resting energy expenditure. In the same time it lowers food intake.

Biotin also suppresses food intake.

A lot of supplements are known to help fat loss, like taurine, you can find more if you check forum tags.

But its better if you avoid carnitine.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Its just the matter of time for weight loss.the slower , the safer.

I've heard this stated many times and still do not fully understand why. I gather one does not want to burn through too much toxic PUFA to quickly...but why not? Is there long term damage to burning through PUFA too quickly? as opposed to slowly?

I've seen threads on this forum talking about how to burn through PUFA as quickly as possible and be done with it. Others say do it slow.

paymanz

I've heard this stated many times and still do not fully understand why. I gather one does not want to burn through too much toxic PUFA to quickly...but why not? Is there long term damage to burning through PUFA too quickly? as opposed to slowly?

I've seen threads on this forum talking about how to burn through PUFA as quickly as possible and be done with it. Others say do it slow.
No I mean , for faster weight loss you need to raise FFA , so the higher FFA level, the faster you loss, of curse if you limit your energy intake.

More FFA means more insulin resistant, less co2...

yeah one side of it is also the pufa liberating and its toxic effects.

With what I said in my first post, you also got to make sure you are insulin sensitive, low fat intake take care of it, but also you need to limit inflammation, inflammation causes insulin resistance, so a clean gut is essential for this.

The more you insulin sensitive, the faster your body converts sugar to glycogen.less sugar remains available for adipocytes.

Its my understanding, I'm sure there might be some flaws in it.

But if you look at Dr kempners result in obese patients, this strategy worked really good.

T

tca300

Keeping vitamin D levels optimal
Magnesium
Calcium
Red light
Salt

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Keeping vitamin D levels optimal
Magnesium
Calcium
Red light
Salt

The usual suspects...thanks, but if I really wanted to kick my fat loss into super overdrive what can I do?

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Have you considered that forcing your body into "super overdrive" fat loss might not be beneficial, or that the methods used to achieve rapid fat loss could be dangerous?

Yea, I just want to loose as quickly as possible without damaging myself long term. I also don't want to take something that slows fat loss. That is why I asked about Vitamin E, aspirin, and niacinamide. I am wondering if there is anything else I should avoid or take.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Ive seen people around here talking about depleting PUFA in 30 days like its a good thing. That seems pretty fast and aggressive.

Andman

Yea, I just want to loose as quickly as possible without damaging myself long term. I also don't want to take something that slows fat loss. That is why I asked about Vitamin E, aspirin, and niacinamide. I am wondering if there is anything else I should avoid or take.

#2 on cutting as quickly as possible. like doing PSMF for 10-21 days (depending on starting bodyfat%) and refeeding afterwards with a few days of high carbs/low fat. repeat if neccessary. so basically what the bodybuilders are doing

Terma

All these promote fat loss:
Vitamin A (ATRA, 9-cis, retinaldehyde), bile acids, androsterone, thyroid, any adrenergic or cAMP promoter, citrulline, non-smoked nicotine, methionine restriction

managing

All these promote fat loss:
Vitamin A (ATRA, 9-cis, retinaldehyde), bile acids, androsterone, thyroid, any adrenergic or cAMP promoter, citrulline, non-smoked nicotine, methionine restriction
Can you say more about methionine restriction? How would that promote fat loss? And what would one avoid in order to?

Terma

Can you say more about methionine restriction? How would that promote fat loss? And what would one avoid in order to?
replied exact moment I opened browser
It's specific amino acid restriction in general, it's not the biggest fat burner of them but it modifies oxidation/storage patterns e.g. Dietary Methionine Restriction Increases Fat Oxidation in Obese Adults with Metabolic Syndrome [Despite Same EE In Both Diets]
For more refs and the rest: Browning of white adipose tissue: lessons from experimental models. - PubMed - NCBI (certain people do not like this, or SIRT1, for weight loss, but I do :) )

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals