Fat Loss And FAO Inibhitors

I would like to clarify how it is possible to lose BODY FAT by inhibiting FAO and thus favoring the use of glucose?

I can't understand this ... can you clarify me? Thanks!

Kram

The Dope On Blocking Fatty Acid Oxidation

From @Hans
Fatty acid oxidation inhibition and fat loss
So you might be thinking right now: “How on earth do you lose fat if you don’t burn it?”

Like already mentioned, inhibiting mitochondrial beta-oxidation increases peroxisomal beta-oxidation. Peroxisomal oxidation of fatty acids is not linked to ATP formation, and the released energy is converted to heat. Inhibiting fatty acid oxidation also improves energy production and uncoupling (which burns fat), which helps burn off more calories.

Inhibiting fatty acid oxidation increases mitochondrial biogenesis, and then you’ll have more mitochondria that will be able to burn fat. Remember, its the excess (incomplete) fat oxidation that becomes an issue. Increasing total mitochondria and improving their effectiveness will help to burn more calories overall and help with fat loss.

Plus, fatty acid oxidation isn’t blocked 100%. It’s maybe blocked 20-30% by a drug or higher, depending on the dose ofc, but never 100%. If carnitine synthesis is inhibited, mitochondrial beta-oxidation decreases, because there aren’t enough fats entering into the mitochondria. Still, short and medium-chain fats can enter, so there will always be some beta-oxidation going on.

Plus, if there are little carnitine available, then carnitine turnover improves.

The increase in mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation was observed despite low plasma carnitine levels, and was linked to strongly induced gene expression of carnitine acetyltransferase, translocase and carnitine transporter, suggesting an efficient carnitine turnover.

Reference
If the mitochondria is 100% unable to burn fat, then peroxisomal beta-oxidation burns off a lot of fat.

Inhibiting fatty acid oxidation doesn’t stop fat loss. You don’t have to maximize fat burning to lose fat. Fat loss isn’t determined by the amount of fat that you burn.

I’ve already written two articles on this topic.

As I mentioned previously, a good fat loss trick would be to block FAO with something like mildronate or Pyrucet for 30-60 days and use 25g of stearic acid with it each morning. This will improve mitochondrial biogenesis and mitochondrial fusion, which will skyrocket energy production and potentially fat loss as well. Combine this with uncouplers, such as calcium, salt, aspirin, methylene blue, progesterone, and then you have an even better combo. As a side note, stearic acid is also a good uncoupler.

You will most likely not experience weight loss when using an FAO inhibitor such as meldonium, but you will also not gain weight (R), however, it can reduce appetite and food intake, which will help with fat loss.

Fatty acid oxidation and fat accumulation in the muscle and liver
There is a concern that, if you block FAO, what happens to the fat? Does it accumulate in the muscle and liver?

There are no human studies according to my knowledge on the day of this writing, that shows that blocking FAO results in fat accumulation in the muscles and liver.

There are some animal studies showing that mildronate increases fat in the liver, whereas others show that it doesn’t (R, R). Only large doses for long-term periods might promote fatty liver. But as already mentioned, this doesn’t promote insulin resistance or inflammation.

OP
Highserotonin90
The Dope On Blocking Fatty Acid Oxidation

From @Hans
Fatty acid oxidation inhibition and fat loss
So you might be thinking right now: “How on earth do you lose fat if you don’t burn it?”

Like already mentioned, inhibiting mitochondrial beta-oxidation increases peroxisomal beta-oxidation. Peroxisomal oxidation of fatty acids is not linked to ATP formation, and the released energy is converted to heat. Inhibiting fatty acid oxidation also improves energy production and uncoupling (which burns fat), which helps burn off more calories.

Inhibiting fatty acid oxidation increases mitochondrial biogenesis, and then you’ll have more mitochondria that will be able to burn fat. Remember, its the excess (incomplete) fat oxidation that becomes an issue. Increasing total mitochondria and improving their effectiveness will help to burn more calories overall and help with fat loss.

Plus, fatty acid oxidation isn’t blocked 100%. It’s maybe blocked 20-30% by a drug or higher, depending on the dose ofc, but never 100%. If carnitine synthesis is inhibited, mitochondrial beta-oxidation decreases, because there aren’t enough fats entering into the mitochondria. Still, short and medium-chain fats can enter, so there will always be some beta-oxidation going on.

Plus, if there are little carnitine available, then carnitine turnover improves.

The increase in mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation was observed despite low plasma carnitine levels, and was linked to strongly induced gene expression of carnitine acetyltransferase, translocase and carnitine transporter, suggesting an efficient carnitine turnover.

Reference
If the mitochondria is 100% unable to burn fat, then peroxisomal beta-oxidation burns off a lot of fat.

Inhibiting fatty acid oxidation doesn’t stop fat loss. You don’t have to maximize fat burning to lose fat. Fat loss isn’t determined by the amount of fat that you burn.

I’ve already written two articles on this topic.

As I mentioned previously, a good fat loss trick would be to block FAO with something like mildronate or Pyrucet for 30-60 days and use 25g of stearic acid with it each morning. This will improve mitochondrial biogenesis and mitochondrial fusion, which will skyrocket energy production and potentially fat loss as well. Combine this with uncouplers, such as calcium, salt, aspirin, methylene blue, progesterone, and then you have an even better combo. As a side note, stearic acid is also a good uncoupler.

You will most likely not experience weight loss when using an FAO inhibitor such as meldonium, but you will also not gain weight (R), however, it can reduce appetite and food intake, which will help with fat loss.

Fatty acid oxidation and fat accumulation in the muscle and liver
There is a concern that, if you block FAO, what happens to the fat? Does it accumulate in the muscle and liver?

There are no human studies according to my knowledge on the day of this writing, that shows that blocking FAO results in fat accumulation in the muscles and liver.

There are some animal studies showing that mildronate increases fat in the liver, whereas others show that it doesn’t (R, R). Only large doses for long-term periods might promote fatty liver. But as already mentioned, this doesn’t promote insulin resistance or inflammation.

Thanks a lot ❤️