Fasting ups estrogen & cortisol, decimates vitamin D, may cause diabetes

Aegon24

Why not just use antibiotic or coconut oil with insoluble fiber, or lowering Methionine intake and upping Gelatin intake? I heard the good effects of fasting are from lowering Endotoxin and the lowered total Methionine intake.
I think in my case it comes from restoring normal vitamin d and cortisol levels.

Aegon24

Green? And you didn't think to go to the doctor?
It was a small yellowish greenish color. It's difficult to identify.

It is a sign in men that the balls are no longer very productive.

I talked to my doctor about it, but according to him, vitamin D is definitely positive.
It doesn't reduce libido and it doesn't cause psychological problems.
that the problem comes from somewhere else.

and the tests showed that the calcium was normal, so no hypercalcemia.

T

TheBeard

yes and it’s a religion. Taken on faith. Screw the facts and studies.

I have fasted in the past for different lengths of time.
I've had immense health improvements thanks to it, especially in the liver department.

Others have noticed improvements too.

The noticed improvements makes you want to share your progress online to spread the word and give the opportunity to others to get better.
Just like we do here with Ray Peat's work.

Some will make it a religion, just like carnivore can have been made a religion by some, just like keto.

It's not because something isn't backed by science that it's erroneous. We know that here too well.

FitnessMike

Intermittent fasting was a big factor in me becoming hypothyroid, i got so comfortable with fasting and being on a calorie deficit while lifting heavy weights, thats weird. I wonder if intermittent fasting with calorie surplus while lifting weights would be sustainable.

Pistachio

Fasting's benefits far outweigh its potential drawbacks, and since fasting is done only periodically, this should not be a concern.

I've recently incorporated a once a week 24-hour fast again.

Used to break the fast at dinner around 8 PM, but lately I have switched to breaking the fast in the morning (breakfast to breakfast). This allows me to stuff myself with a ton of food in the morning which gives me energy to function on throughout the day, and the last 8 hours where I would be the hungriest, I simply sleep through. I like that setup a lot more than the one where you break the fast at night.

The only issue that I still have with this is that it is somewhat hard to eat enough calories in the morning to not be in a calorie deficit by the end of the day, unless I extend the eating window to at least 2 hours (meaning wake up at 8 am, eat as much as I can until 10 AM, then fast until the next day at 10 AM).

Risingfire

It was a small yellowish greenish color. It's difficult to identify.

It is a sign in men that the balls are no longer very productive.

I talked to my doctor about it, but according to him, vitamin D is definitely positive.
It doesn't reduce libido and it doesn't cause psychological problems.
that the problem comes from somewhere else.

and the tests showed that the calcium was normal, so no hypercalcemia.
Has it subsided fully? I've actually noticed more yellow when I became 30. When I increased thyroid it dissipated.

sousfifre96

The only thing that is controversial here is that fasting works through the same mechanism as methylene blue does....
What do you mean by that? that Methylene Blue activates estrogens and glucocorticoids and decimates vitamin d?

Last edited:

schultz

I took a lot of vitamin d 6 months ago and it made my semen liquid with a disgusting greenish color.
One girl told me sarcastically, if I didn't have 80 years to squirt something like that.

I started fasting three weeks ago. and it became all white and thick like it used to be.

How do you know it was the vitamin D?

Aegon24

Has it subsided fully? I've actually noticed more yellow when I became 30. When I increased thyroid it dissipated.
It is a sign that one is becoming less vigorous. Normally, this comes with age.
But certain medications or diseases can affect the quality of our sperm.
because our metabolism is slowed down.

Now it's all white and thick like it used to be. and I think in my case it's because of the decrease in vitamin d through fasting.

Aegon24

How do you know it was the vitamin D?
It came about the moment I started taking vitamin D and I took too much. I developed other side effects, both physical and psychological.

Last edited:
T

TheBeard

Have you experienced some sort of detoxification with dry fasting?

Yes, the first two days:
Headaches
Unconfortable kidney pains
Liver pains
Looking yellow

Third day onwards:
Insane mental clarity
Insane creativity
Insane intuitions
Very weak physically
Insomnia
Cold extremities

schultz

Third day onwards:
Insane mental clarity
Insane creativity
Insane intuitions
Very weak physically
Insomnia
Cold extremities

Interesting. I was just listening to the latest Patrick Timpone interview and a lady had asked about waking up in the middle of the night and Ray talked about how adrenaline can make you wake up and feel sweaty and have a beating heart but it can also sometimes make you wake up and feel like you have perfect clarity. I think he actually used the word clarity, but maybe not.

For future readers, that would be the early March 2021 Patrick Timpone interview.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals