Fasting/exercise/lowcarb/keto may promote cancer (melanoma) metastasis

yerrag

As I mentioned before, many people are taken in by health writers that espouse the pop culture health trends we see. Among them is a certain Dr. Axe, whom two of my sisters like to read because it is always an easy read and doesn't get them mired in the mumbo jumbo of technical jargon they would encounter with reading Ray Peat's articles, or even in the articles that this thread would expose them to, which they would shun, in favor of the easy amusement park ride reading Dr. Axe.

As people like @DennisX prefer to be 'open-minded' to alternative viewpoints and would label people who see the fallacies in many alternative viewpoints (after carefully weighing the research and evidence) as a 'cult,' it is hard to follow health writers like Dr. Axe who go by pop culture trends to gain eyeballs rather than to give the public a more critical opinion on health matters. To be fair, he is right on many topics, but he is also wrong on many counts, but where it matters is where one'c condition leads to an article that addresses his issues, and where he (Dr. Axe) is believed, only to be led into a rabbit hole he (the sick person) cannot extricate from.

Here is Dr. Axe on AMPK: The Energy-Boosting, Hormone-Balancing Enzyme You Need to Know About

Of course, he tries to appear to be "fair and balanced" in the end, with a parting disclaimer, which is more lingo to keep him from getting sued, than for being fair and balanced.

I am quite certain he hires writers who writes for him, and if a writer researches and writes well to be able to appear credible, he gets to be published under Dr. Axe' person.

I am glad that there is a Ray Peat Forum that goes much more deeper than simply cater to the cookie cutter narratives that more often than not lead us into more sickness than into better health. it is often the case that it is the very religious people, trained in a lifetime of accepting funny incongruous mysteries (such as there being 3 persons in one god, and that one of them even has a mother in heaven - a product of fiat politics under Emperor Constantine rather than anything else; Really, does it matter if God has one or 3 or a dozen persons? ) that are a ready audience for such gaslighting. Break that habit of not questioning and simply accepting like a beagle, and you will be healthier in the long run.

Last edited:

J.R.K

So really from the get go, the message that hypertension is a co-morbidity and a risk factor for COVID-19 death should have been qualified. It should say that hypertensive people on ACE inhibitor medication are more at risk. And hypertensive people who don't take medication, like me, are not in this risk category.

Thanks for your line of questioning and for haidut to get a clearer picture, as I've always wondered whether my being hypertensive really puts me at risk.

So, my summation, from a person with hypertension's standpoint, is that trying to lower blood pressure, either by changing lifestyle that involves intermittent fasting and or going low carb, or by medication (especially with ACE inhibitors) redounds to greater risk, as compared to leaving the body alone to adapt to a pathological condition, usually of undetermined origin, by using an increase in blood pressure as means to compensate.
I am unsure of whether the hypertension in a person that has the condition controlled medically via pharmaceutical means, or if they had hypertension that was undiagnosed and not medically controlled were at equal risks or not.
My understanding was always that ACE inhibitors reduced ACE ll which placed a person using this drug in a more vulnerable position similar to the elderly, as haidut described above the older the person is the less ACE ll and more ACE. So when the virus infects a person on an ACE inhibitor they would be in a similar position as an elderly person deficient in ACE ll already hobbled so to speak regardless of age.
Hypertension is a curious thing and I think on centenarians who all exclusively as a rule of thumb have clinical hypertension, but do they have the condition as a result of and therefore a contributing factor to that longevity due to blood reaching all areas of the body due to the increase in pressure thus preventing ischemia or peripheral artery disease?
Another and I feel better question is, what is a good blood pressure for an individual?
Who and how is that defined?
How do they know this is true?
If you are diagnosed with hypertension and just as important hypotension for that matter, what are the underlying causes? Is it arterial blockages, or stiffening of the veins and blood vessels? Could this be corrected by increasing calcium, adding in vitamin K2. Stress is a given for all of us, but does adding in a pharmaceutical contribute to this load?
They are all questions that are unique to each individual’s circumstances I think and need to be assessed on a case by case basis. Because we are not cookie cutter made, we all have different backgrounds, experienced stresses as well as epigenetic histories.

yerrag

I am unsure of whether the hypertension in a person that has the condition controlled medically via pharmaceutical means, or if they had hypertension that was undiagnosed and not medically controlled were at equal risks or not.
Just from my own experience of never taking bp drugs for 23 years since my bp starting climbing (from 120/80 to as high as 240/160, and now to 180/120), I have not seen my health deteriorate, my strong immunity weaken, nor develop chronic issues such as back aches or sore joints. I have not had flu for those years, and felt I have to reason to fear COVID-19. My eyesight, at my age of 60 years, is good enough I don't wear glasses for driving or for reading. There are issues though, but minor ones like thinner hair and lower libido, and I believe that is tied more to the underlying issue that caused the high bp. My weight is normal, and I don't really go to the gym to workout or go out to walk a lot; just chores and a lot of reading and thinking and some writing here. I keep myself occupied with routines, such as the koi pond and garden. Which is not to say I take my high bp lightly. I had been finding the true cause of it all that time, and by this long process of elimination, I believe I have nailed the true cause/causes. But knowing the cause does not necessarily mean eliminating the cause is easy.

I had used myself as a guinea pig these past years simply because I had long distrusted the medical system and their narratives, way before joining this forum. This forum affirmed that stance, and I contribute to that by my story, which so far, has not been proven wrong.

I find also that each time I would rejoice because my bp took a small downward movement, it was when I was feeling sick. I thought it was odd initially, but soon after I got a personal ECG to track my QTc, which serves a a proxy for metabolism (in measuring the relaxation rate of my heart), I began to realize an inverse relationship between my bp and my QTc. Each time my bp went down, my QTc would go higher (meaning longer relaxation time, and lower metabolism). This would lead me to think that the idea of lowering bp is not a good basis for improving health, when one does not consider the way by which the bp went down. If the bp going down is accompanied by a corresponding drop in metabolism, it is not a good sign because metabolism is going down. This is a lowering in oxidative metabolism, and conversely, an increase in reductive stress. The increase in reductive stress is going to cause our internal organs to degenerate more quickly.

My understanding was always that ACE inhibitors reduced ACE ll which placed a person using this drug in a more vulnerable position similar to the elderly, as haidut described above the older the person is the less ACE ll and more ACE. So when the virus infects a person on an ACE inhibitor they would be in a similar position as an elderly person deficient in ACE ll already hobbled so to speak regardless of age.
I'm with you here.

Hypertension is a curious thing and I think on centenarians who all exclusively as a rule of thumb have clinical hypertension, but do they have the condition as a result of and therefore a contributing factor to that longevity due to blood reaching all areas of the body due to the increase in pressure thus preventing ischemia or peripheral artery disease?
I have little doubt about this, given that I have not lost my health due to allowing my blood pressure to rise to very high levels. Since I don't take any pharma meds, I am not at risk for my blood vessels developing aneurysm due to weakness in the vessels causing them to burst. However, if I were to believe in the false theory on cholesterol causing heart disease, and had been taking statins, which would rob my body of protective CoQ10 (from taking statins) I have a much higher likelihood of ending up with an aneurysm.

The higher blood pressure keeps the perfusion of blood on our vital organs at a high level, which the body always want to ensure for survival. It is the same reason why in very cold weather, the body would channel more blood towards our organs at the expense of blood supply to our limbs, as it's better to lose a foot or a toe to the harsh cold around us than to lose the organs, which life depends on.

Taking bp medication puts us on the course of a slow dying. The lower bp leads to lower perfusion, and increased degeneration in our organs. It would be hard to prove, but if there is a practical way to prove it, I believe taking bp drugs leads to weaker livers, hearts, and kidneys. Just my reason and logic.
Another and I feel better question is, what is a good blood pressure for an individual?
If you are diagnosed with hypertension and just as important hypotension for that matter, what are the underlying causes? Is it arterial blockages, or stiffening of the veins and blood vessels? Could this be corrected by increasing calcium, adding in vitamin K2. Stress is a given for all of us, but does adding in a pharmaceutical contribute to this load?
They are all questions that are unique to each individual’s circumstances I think and need to be assessed on a case by case basis. Because we are not cookie cutter made, we all have different backgrounds, experienced stresses as well as epigenetic histories.
These are good questions. And the simple answer is that you have answered it already. As it is contextual, and who is better to be the doctor than himself, if he is so equipped with the a good understanding of how the body works. Than the doctor whom you see once in a while and talks with you for 15 minutes, even if presented with a full blown panels of blood tests.

David PS

Some older blood pressure charts accepted the idea that blood pressure gradually increases with age. This has been changed and the medical community targets 120/80 for every adult. Coincidently, it allows them to sell more pharmaceutical drugs.

1685271477824.png

J.R.K

Some older blood pressure charts accepted the idea that blood pressure gradually increases with age. This has been changed and the medical community targets 120/80 for every adult. Coincidently, it allows them to sell more pharmaceutical drugs.

View attachment 50934
Thanks for posting this @David PS . What a,”fortunate coincidence” for the pharmaceutical companies.
I have a hypothesis that has been stuck in my brain that does not seem to leave or subside. That the mantra of the war on drugs of so called “gateway drugs” that lead to the more hard hitting heroin, and opioids has a similar business model within the mainstream medicine industry or is it cartel or cabal.
Using cortisone and glucocorticoids for milder conditions such as joint pain or asthma, which converts to cortisol which will drive both weight gain as well as hypertension, the standard advice initially given is restricting both salt as well as sugar. This invariably leads to an increase in inflammation as well as increased cortisol in the bodies need for glucocorticogenesis for the brains need for glucose, resulting in more weight gain in the form of adipose tissue centered in the visceral fat area. This of course will increase the hypertension in the body as well as setting the stage for pre diabetes. The solution, is to treat the hypertension the ACE inhibitors seem to be the newest as well as most profitable, which over time and long term use will lead to diabetes, which will get a prescription for Metformin which brings us back to @haiduts OP raising AMPK bringing the can closer to converting the similarities between the diabetic cells metabolism to the cancer cells metabolism and thus potentially the conversion to cancer. Where we all know is where the really big money is being made by the cabal.
It is only a hypothetical that is floating around in my head but being in the fifty plus crowd now, I see this happening in my circle of friends, but more concerning is I see haiduts assertion of the young becoming the old more so after the COVID-19 shots.

David PS

Thanks for posting this @David PS . What a,”fortunate coincidence” for the pharmaceutical companies.
I have a hypothesis that has been stuck in my brain that does not seem to leave or subside. That the mantra of the war on drugs of so called “gateway drugs” that lead to the more hard hitting heroin, and opioids has a similar business model within the mainstream medicine industry or is it cartel or cabal.
Using cortisone and glucocorticoids for milder conditions such as joint pain or asthma, which converts to cortisol which will drive both weight gain as well as hypertension, the standard advice initially given is restricting both salt as well as sugar. This invariably leads to an increase in inflammation as well as increased cortisol in the bodies need for glucocorticogenesis for the brains need for glucose, resulting in more weight gain in the form of adipose tissue centered in the visceral fat area. This of course will increase the hypertension in the body as well as setting the stage for pre diabetes. The solution, is to treat the hypertension the ACE inhibitors seem to be the newest as well as most profitable, which over time and long term use will lead to diabetes, which will get a prescription for Metformin which brings us back to @haiduts OP raising AMPK bringing the can closer to converting the similarities between the diabetic cells metabolism to the cancer cells metabolism and thus potentially the conversion to cancer. Where we all know is where the really big money is being made by the cabal.
It is only a hypothetical that is floating around in my head but being in the fifty plus crowd now, I see this happening in my circle of friends, but more concerning is I see haiduts assertion of the young becoming the old more so after the COVID-19 shots.
Interesting thoughts. I see similar things in my 70-plus circle of friends. Most of them have discontinued their statin drugs and other prescriptions because of side effects.

My GP retired years ago and I was assigned a relatively new doctor. The time (and first time) my new doctor measured my blood pressure is was 127/78. He worked hard to convince me that I needed to be prescribed a drug to bring my numbers into the optimum pressure. He eventually gave up when I told him that if he wrote me a prescription that I would not fill it. My thought was that the prescription would be for 3 months and that he intended to get me to return to his office every 3 months to get my prescription extended. I suspect that the 3 month prescriptions would continue for the rest of my life. I think of this as a 'prescription treadmill'. Of course if I have any undesirable side effects he would write an additional prescription for that as well ("a pill of every ill").

Last edited:

J.R.K

Interesting thoughts. I see similar things in my 70-plus circle of friends. Most of them have discontinued their statin drugs and other prescriptions because of side effects.

My GP retired years ago and I was assigned a relatively new doctor. The time (and first time) my new doctor measured my blood pressure is was 127/78. He worked hard to convince me that I needed to be prescribed a drug to bring my numbers into the optimum pressure. He eventually gave up when I told him that if he wrote me a prescription that I would not fill it. My thought was that the prescription would be for 3 months and that he intended to get me to return to his office every 3 months to get my prescription extended. I suspect that the 3 month prescriptions would continue for the rest of my life. I think of this as a 'prescription treadmill'. Of course if I have any undesirable side effects he would write an additional prescription for that as well ("a pill of every ill").
Thanks for sharing, it is good to know of others that are seeing the same thing as I am.
I have compared this to watching a train wreck in slow motion. I cannot describe it any other way. I work with a guy that went to the doctor for a check up. He literally just got there and sat down and they told him they were ready to take him now, they took his blood pressure and it was high, but he just drove through a chaotic part of town, they immediately gave him a prescription for an ACE inhibitor. I told him, before you take that do two things, first get yourself a blood pressure machine at home a good one, and check yourself at home when you are relaxed, second do your homework and look up the side effects associated with this drug they gave you.
He came back the next day and told me his blood pressure at home was 122 over eighty four, he also said that he has had a sore back and shoulders before and he did not want to take anything that would make him ride that ride again, along with the other bonus gifts that he had not experienced. So he kept a record book and when he went back they asked if he took the meds, he said,”no”, they said,” why not”, he said,” I don’t need the back pain or shoulder pain and I don’t need it here are my results from home”. They said,”okay” and that was it. Drug dealers they are the scourge of the Earth!!

Tim Lundeen

I suspect that increased FAO causes cancer primarily because of the fats in modern diets: low stearic acid, too-low saturated:unsaturated ratios. Brad Marshall at Fire In A Bottle has been writing a lot of good articles about this.

@Tim Lundeen What do you think of its appearance? maybe it doesn't really reflect his eating style or is it still an experiment rat? no criticism against him, just a thought 😊👍

Tim Lundeen

@Tim Lundeen What do you think of its appearance? maybe it doesn't really reflect his eating style or is it still an experiment rat? no criticism against him, just a thought 😊👍
He started trying to figure things out because of his weight/health. I'm not a fan of his protocols to try to heal himself, but his theories/explanations make sense to me, and the supporting research looks sound.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals