Fasting Every Sixth Day

Such_Umami

I've had incredible results with fasting but problems have also arose from fasting. I find it hard reconciling the two because PEats work and fasting can be so good but are also pretty incompatible.

So I was wondering perhaps instead of fasting multiple days, that I simply fast every 7th day. This will give me ample opportunity to build back between fasts and I shouldn't be going deep into stress metabolism during them. It will also give me a total of 60 days fasting per years which is probably more than I have done in any previous year.

Thoughts?

LeeLemonoil

Good approach. Peat is likely very wrong in his refusal of the benefits of the AMPK-pathway. Feast and Fast is the way for tissue to reorganize and stay functional

YamnayaMommy

I am also trying to figure how to make intermittent fasting and peating compatible.

I had been doing IF plus peating for about four months, but felt like I was hitting a wall with IF. I had lost all the scale weight I wanted to lose but too much of it appeared to be lean mass.

So I stopped IF in December and immediately got horribly ill. Thought post hoc ergo propter hoc the illness was caused by stopping fasting. So resumed IF for a few weeks, then stopped again, and again got super sick.

To me, this experience supports the view that IF protects against Endotoxin flare ups.

but I also wonder if IF interfering with my goals of reversing a pregnancy related varicosity and pregnancy related body deconditioning and pregnancy related hand eczema. :(

mmb82

Disclaimer: I have more or less stopped following a lot of Peat's ideas so I might not be the best person to provide input on how to work IF into a Peat-inspired lifestyle. However, I figured I would mention my experience with fasting.

I was mainly wondering what type of intermittent fasting format you guys are doing. I have tried a 16:8 format in the past and never really felt any benefits from it. In fact, that format is more like intermittent feeding, since you are fasting for more hours than you are in a fed state. I recently revisited Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat over the holidays and switched to doing a single 24 hour fast mid-week and then an 18-20 hour fast on Saturday depending on my schedule that weekend.

I am already lean with no intent of losing weight, but I ended up losing a few pounds while retaining my strength and lean mass on the 24 hour fast format. The weight loss process was very slow (like 1 lb per month), mainly because my average daily caloric deficit was only around 125-150 calories. The only negative effect I have noticed from this 24 hour fasting format is that my body temperature drops noticeably somewhere around the 18-20 hour mark which absolutely sucks in the winter since it is like 25 degrees where I live. I never get brain fog, jitters, or even hunger, etc. during the fast and even have enough energy to do yoga or light kettlebell work toward the 22/23 hour mark if I want to get some movement in. It is also refreshing to not think about food for an entire 24 hours. I plan to continue doing 24 hour fasts, but make sure I am eating enough to not lose weight (and gain back the few pounds I lost).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals