Fasting During Chemo?

Fame

Hi there,

I have been doing a lot of personal research on Cancer lately, and just recently came across a man named Valter Longo. Basically as I understand it, he promotes fasting prior to chemo treatment and just after.

Honestly, I havent looked too deeply into his research yet as I personally do not agree with fasting in general, especially when I would assume your body needs nutrients and sugar the most.

I may still look into his work, just for the sake of research and a better understanding of many points of view.

I was interested to know if any of you heard of this guy and what your thoughts were on this particular subject. I dont know for sure, but it would seem to me, from what I currently know about the body, that fasting during chemo would be dangerous. What do you think?

Here are a few links if you want to check it out for yourself:

Fasting Might Boost Chemo's Cancer-Busting Properties

Tarmander

I don't know a lot about him, but I would assume that fasting during chemo would increase its effect and estrogenic profile, but make the next cancer come on stronger, and faster. In other words, look at what IF does to the body after a few years.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R T3 During Water Fasting Ask For Help or Advice 6
L Fat Cells Step In To Help Liver During Fasting Scientific Studies 0
Lokzo Ten days of complete fasting affected subjective sensations but not cognitive abilities in healthy adults - PUBMED 2021 Scientific Studies 6
TopGun1911 Did I permanently alter my metabolic and hormonal function by going on keto for 3 months + fasting? Diet 25
haidut Fasting ups estrogen & cortisol, decimates vitamin D, may cause diabetes Scientific Studies 11
Neron My History: Digestion, Hairloss, Acne And Fasting Digestion 12
haidut Intermittent Fasting (IF) Ineffective And May Even Be Dangerous Scientific Studies 0
Hans Why Intermittent Fasting Actually Works (it’s Not What You Think) Articles & Scientific Studies 41
R 5 Years Of Fasting Daily And 3 Years Of Low Carb - I Need Help On Metabolism Ask For Help or Advice 4
B Intermittent Fasting Is The Key To Gain Weight Weight 15
Such_Umami Critique This Fasting Protocol Ask For Help or Advice 7
S Intermittent Fasting For COVID-19 Scientific Studies 14
rhythmvortex Transition From Carnivore To RP Principles, High Fasting And Post Meal BGL Blood Sugar 8
R Gut Microbiota Mediates Intermittent-fasting Alleviation Of Diabetes-induced Cognitive Impairment Scientific Studies 0
Such_Umami Fasting To Lower Iron Content? Ask For Help or Advice 2
Such_Umami Fasting Every Sixth Day Ask For Help or Advice 3
Tarmander Fruit Intermittent Fasting Discussing Dietary Models 34
haidut PUFA Are Immunosuppressive, Fasting And Protein Restriction (possibly) Even More So Scientific Studies 0
Viiiiyu FASTing——some Strong Points(I Think) Diet 10
Viiiiyu Meat+OJ+Fasting——I Challenge Anyone Not Feeling Optimal On This Diet 80
YamnayaMommy Does Anybody Do RP + Fasting And Want To Talk About It? Weight 164
Cameron Re-feeding Increases Testosterone But Fasting Is Not The Way To Be More Anabolic Science Basics 15
D Dopamine Fasting? Miscellaneous 23
ecstatichamster Intermittent Fasting Increases Lipolysis And Overeating And Hypothalamus Changes Scientific Studies 0
S Feel Better With High Fasting Blood Sugar Blood Sugar 4
Hans Saturated Fat Diet Lowers Fasting Insulin And Can Aid With Fat Loss. Omega 6 Is Opposite Scientific Studies 1
AlphaCog Higher Bone Mineral Density In Older Men With Diabetes And Impaired Fasting Glucose Scientific Studies 0
C Dry Fasting Miscellaneous 5
A Theory: Fasting Beneficial Because It Gives Your Body A Break From Toxins, Chemicals Discussing Dietary Models 3
Lokzo Fasting Serum Bile Acids Concentration Is Associated With Insulin Resistance Independently Of Diabet Scientific Studies 0
Light Can We All Use Prolonged Fasting To Boost Stem Cell Production? Scientific Studies 12
Alex Jaramillo REVISITING FASTING Diet 86
H Intermittent Fasting Has Positive Effect On Restoring Diurnal Cycles Of Gut Microbiome Scientific Studies 4
Lokzo Fasting Insulin Levels - Comment Your Result Labs 30
A Fasting Blood Glucose Down From 200 To 120 With Magnesium Ask For Help or Advice 3
haidut The Benefits Of Fasting Are Due To Lowering Endotoxin (LPS), Not Less Calories Scientific Studies 33
Mito Low Fasting Serum Insulin And Dementia In Nondiabetic Women Followed For 34 Years Articles & Scientific Studies 3
J Fasting And The Repairing Of Cells Thyroid and Hormones 2
K Intermittent Fasting/Ketosis Ask For Help or Advice 1
teds Has Anyone Taken Temps While Fasting? Ask For Help or Advice 4
Mito Intermittent Fasting Confers Protection In CNS Autoimmunity By Altering The Gut Microbiota Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Arrade Thoughts On Fasting (Facebook Post) Miscellaneous Health Discussions 24
biggirlkisss Good Studies That Fasting Is Dangerous Human Ones Ask For Help or Advice 21
3v@ Intermittent Fasting And Fat Gain? Diet 6
Momado965 Time Restricted Eating Aka Intermittent Fasting Diet 20
Johhny Tazzle Question About Fasting Metabolism 1
cyclops Thyroid While (kind Of) Intermittent Fasting? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Runenight201 High PUFA Or Fasting? Eating Out, On The Run, Restaurants, Grocery Store 12
ecstatichamster Observations On This Intermittent Fasting Adventure Diet 10
D Fasting Inhibits Proper Thyroid Function Scientific Studies 115