Fart Smells Like Eggs Since 1 Tbsp. Eggshells

I've been taking 1 tbsp. eggshells for a week now and the bone pain faded away, yet I noticed that my farts smell very strongly like eggs.

Any way to avoid that? I mean, I may drop a fart here and then and I don't want to kill the people in the room.

Kyle M

How did you prepare the eggshells? Did you wash them and bake them before powdering? There shouldn't be much sulfur in them after that.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
How did you prepare the eggshells? Did you wash them and bake them before powdering? There shouldn't be much sulfur in them after that.

I just washed the eggshells and then boiled them. I put them in the mixer after that.

Kyle M

Hmm, well I don't know exactly what to say, except to explain how I do it and you can compare to what you did. When I wash them, I make sure to get the membrane off of the inside of the shells and then let them dry or throw them right into water to boil. Once they are boiled for a while I put them on a baking pan, dry, and bake them for about 30 minutes at 350 F or something. This makes them very brittle. Then I dump them into a blender and get them as powderized as possible. Doing this, the eggshell powder has no sulfurous smell.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Hmm, well I don't know exactly what to say, except to explain how I do it and you can compare to what you did. When I wash them, I make sure to get the membrane off of the inside of the shells and then let them dry or throw them right into water to boil. Once they are boiled for a while I put them on a baking pan, dry, and bake them for about 30 minutes at 350 F or something. This makes them very brittle. Then I dump them into a blender and get them as powderized as possible. Doing this, the eggshell powder has no sulfurous smell.

Thank you! I will try that.

you gotta bake them I think. But also it might be your digestion not being up to par if they're still smelling like eggs after going through.

If it's a rotten egg smell that's because of sulfur.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
you gotta bake them I think. But also it might be your digestion not being up to par if they're still smelling like eggs after going through.

If it's a rotten egg smell that's because of sulfur.

Well the powder smells like rotten egg.

You bake them too?

clean in the sink, boil in a bit of water in the microwave (they get sterilized this way, steaming really, just in a bowl with a bit of water), then lay out and bake on a cookie sheet in the oven for 10 minutes or so.

They have no odor and don't spoil this way.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
clean in the sink, boil in a bit of water in the microwave (they get sterilized this way, steaming really, just in a bowl with a bit of water), then lay out and bake on a cookie sheet in the oven for 10 minutes or so.

Alright thanks.

theLaw

Why do you people boil the eggshells before baking them? Why isn't the baking enough?

+1 :D

Never boiled them as baking does the job just fine. 20min @ 350 will kill any bacteria dead.

I would just make sure to rinse them after removing the yokes, and then leave them in the fridge until you get enough to bake.

Also, you might try taking some white vinegar with each dose as it can aid in situations with low stomach acid.:cool:

kiran

I find I have to remove the membrane off the inside as well, the eggshell powder is way more effective that way. It might be that the membrane has sulfur in it that feeds bacteria, or perhaps it just slows down absorption of the calcium.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker

This fixed my problem. Microwave + baking them = no smell at all.