Farmacautical Progesterone

AT1970

Hi All,
I've found a product called PROMETRIUM 15CPS 200MG
Contains micronized progesterone
The amount seems to be huge compared to the creams (20 mg x pump) but i've tried the creams with no effect.
Is 200 mg too much
Any risk in trying it
Thanks
Andrea

mostlylurking

It's prescription, yes? The local price at my pharmacy shows $19.12 (on sale!), for a 200mg tablet for a 30 day supply. They show two sizes, 100mg and 200mg. I guess you could divide the smaller pill in half to equal 50 mg per dose which seems more reasonable in amount resulting in a cost of $9.50 per month. The pills look like they are coated and slippery so might be hard to cut in half. You'll need to get a doctor to prescribe it though.

sweetpeat

Hi All,
I've found a product called PROMETRIUM 15CPS 200MG
Contains micronized progesterone
The amount seems to be huge compared to the creams (20 mg x pump) but i've tried the creams with no effect.
Is 200 mg too much
Any risk in trying it
Thanks
Andrea
The reason the dose is comparatively larger is because the bioavailability of prometrium is rather low. This study claims around 2-3% www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(99)00553-1/fulltext
So with 200 mg you're really only getting the effects of maybe 4-6mg. Even if bioavailability is as high as 10% you'd only be getting the effects of 20mg. But as mentioned above, it's not a bad idea to split the pill (if possible) to see how that dose affects you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals