Famous Coffee Drinkers

Herbie

If you haven't seen this..

Benjamin Franklin has been quoted as saying “Among the numerous luxuries of the table…coffee may be considered as one of the most valuable. It excites cheerfulness without intoxication; and the pleasing flow of spirits which it occasions…is never followed by sadness, languor or debility."

Voltaire allegedly drank between 40 and 50 cups a day, which he mixed with chocolate. He credited coffee for the inspiration (and stimulation) behind the development of his philosophies. He paid hefty bonuses to his servants who could find his favorite coffee beans."

http://coffeemakersusa.com/famous-coffee-drinkers-in-history/

M

member 2106

Marcel Proust drank a lot of coffee on an empty stomach, I've read.

LUH 3417

Marcel Proust drank a lot of coffee on an empty stomach, I've read.
Yea it seems like Proust was Peaty :)
Hot milk, coffee and stewed fruit..

Attachments

• IMG_8673.JPG
    IMG_8673.JPG
    393.7 KB · Views: 38

Ableton

I once had a fun read about coffee. Author claimed that coffee making it to europe, and out-competing other drugs like opiates and alcohol as most popular, was the cause for the end of the dark ages and the advent of enlightenment and renaissance. Also, coffee houses ofc

boris

Johann Sebastian Bach
- "Without my morning coffee I’m just like a dried up piece of roast goat."
-"Bring me coffee before I turn into a goat!"

Top 11 Famous Coffee Drinkers from the History Books
Like most musical artists of the time, Johann loved his coffee. Johann Sebastian Bach wrote the the Coffee Cantata, a piece that was a moral treatise on the place of coffee in daily life.

The protagonists of the cantata were a father and his coffee-addicted daughter. The father demands that the daughter give up her coffee habit so that she can get married. She seemingly agrees to do so, but she later decides that she will instead find another coffee addict who will agree to marry her
[:lol:]. The cantata ends happily with the father, daughter and narrator all coming together to sing a song expounding on the benefits of coffee drinking.

Back
Top Bottom