Famotadine To Treat Covid_19

Oraganic4me

I heard that some researchers from Columbia NYC have said that Famotodine is being used to treat Covid-19 patients.
Famotidine can bind to something called papainlike protease, which is important for viral replication.
I suppose it will be the new Hydroxychloroquine soon. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
I heard that some researchers from Columbia NYC have said that Famotodine is being used to treat Covid-19 patients.
Famotidine can bind to something called papainlike protease, which is important for viral replication.
I suppose it will be the new Hydroxychloroquine soon. Any thoughts?

I think its main effects are through lowering serotonin and enhancing glycogen synthesis by inhibiting GSK-3. The latter mechanism is known to be broadly therapeutic and work even for things like cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer, etc. Of course, the medical industry will never come out with a claim that lowering serotonin is therapeutic for viral conditions as that would decimate the SSRI sales and likely trigger massive lawsuits as lawyers will quickly figure out that they can make an argument for SSRI drugs contributing to the viral pathology and/or making it worse. So, they invented another obscure mechanism as an explanation of the benefits from famotidine.

OP
Oraganic4me

Oraganic4me

I think its main effects are through lowering serotonin and enhancing glycogen synthesis by inhibiting GSK-3. The latter mechanism is known to be broadly therapeutic and work even for things like cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer, etc. Of course, the medical industry will never come out with a claim that lowering serotonin is therapeutic for viral conditions as that would decimate the SSRI sales and likely trigger massive lawsuits as lawyers will quickly figure out that they can make an argument for SSRI drugs contributing to the viral pathology and/or making it worse. So, they invented another obscure mechanism as an explanation of the benefits from famotidine.
Very insightful... Thank you.

yerrag

Famotidine can bind to something called papainlike protease,

So, they invented another obscure mechanism as an explanation of the benefits from famotidine.

Glad Trump did not mention this.

Or people will be dying of eating papaya, and Trump gets dumped on by some forum members again.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Mito

More Evidence Heartburn Drug May Help COVID-19 Patients
— Another observational study adds fuel to the fire, but more research is needed

“More data from observational studies, this time in hospitalized patients, indicated that famotidine (Pepcid AC), which is used to treat heartburn, was associated with improved clinical outcomes in COVID-19 patients.

Use of famotidine in a small group of 83 patients was associated with a lower risk of in-hospital mortality and a combined outcome of death and intubation, reported Jeffrey Mather, MS, of Hartford Hospital in Connecticut, and colleagues.

Moreover, famotidine use was also associated with lower levels of serum markers indicating severe disease, the authors wrote in the American Journal of Gastroenterology.

Famotidine is a histamine-2 receptor antagonist. The authors noted the mechanism by which famotidine might improve COVID-19 outcomes is currently unknown, but hypothesized it might work via "inverse-agonism" of the histamine-2 receptor, which implies SARS-CoV-2 is "at least partially mediated by pathological histamine release," the authors said.”

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/88119

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals