Facial Symmetry

brix

Over the years, I’ve noticed my face has become slightly asymmetrical. My lower jaw seems to have a slight slant; while my eyes and nose seem to not be perpendicular. I also have slight scoliosis so that may contribute.

Has Ray Peat mentioned any way to help with this? Any other members had success with supplements/diet/routines for facial symmetry?

lampofred

high calcium intake

lowering serotonin & raising gaba

vitamin K

OP
B

brix

high calcium intake

lowering serotonin & raising gaba

vitamin K

I’ve been taking calcium and K2 lately. Occasionally metergoline. One thing I’ve noticed is my jaw cracking every morning. Concerned if that’s due to too much calcium...

It probably has to do with irregularities in your Temporomandibular joints. Do you have any popping or clicking? Most people have retruded jaws that can cause this, I’d would see a dentist that is knowledgeable about tmj and can maybe expand jaws to grow more evenly.. a person who has chronicled his journey through facial expansion is Ronald ead, on his blog/ youtube you can see the changes in his face form expansion

Last edited:
Posture (all around), hormones/thyroid, and even diet to some extent can likely influence it. Improper balance of forces/energy likely plays a big role in why some people may be very asymmetrical vs. others, adding in things like jaw misalignment/retrognathia/etc. which can affect the entire mandible/temporal/zygomatic area (cheekbones) and thus eyes as well. Since all of these areas likely need to be in balance with each other it's clearly obvious that any imbalances in things like the face muscles/bones/nasal area/mouth/even poor respiration/etc. can influence how balanced the face looks. Like is known: proper magnesium absorption likely helps; vitamin K2 might have a role for some; decent calcium; and everything else running properly from the ground up is most important (AKA thyroid being ideal likely is key).

I think my face became a bit more symmetrical when I learned proper oral posture/swallowing AKA "mewing" and such. I also notice that reducing stress hormones might have a role since they might either directly or indirectly encourage bad postural habits/routines that you may not even consciously realize that could affect overall posture and balance. I know when I was stressed, obese/out of shape, and ate junk food/PUFA/etc. my face actually was a little more "off" looking -- but when I did as little as lose lots of fat and get decently lean (even though the dieting was poor) it sort of influenced some chain reaction of positive benefits, which might be posture and hormone related (though I'm still not in an ideal condition yet). In other words becoming healthier down from the core likely is the biggest thing that could correct this, including thyroid, serotonin, estrogen/dominance issues, energy balance, breathing correctly, sitting correctly, eating correctly, reducing stress, maybe even building some muscle/light exercise and so on (since resistance training can help postural issues).

Last, thyroid is known to have some means of controlling bone metabolism I believe (which can be related to facial structure/balance issues possibly) -- so it's possible some people with really odd/unusual bone structure or the like (such as what would spell out a large amount of inconsistencies in one's face) could have impaired/autoimmune thyroid issue by assumption and might need some experimenting to see how it could be corrected in the best way.

gaze

you need more vitamin D. sit out in the sun for 2 hours a day if you can

Mastemah

Facial and Trigeminal nerve work. Its trainable like any other part if your body.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals