Facebook deletes 120,000-member group where people posted stories of alleged adverse vaccine reactions

Jessie

I've never considered myself an anti-vaxxer, but I do think it's obvious that some vaccines have a better safety record than others. As much as I hate the FDA, I trust billion dollar companies like AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson even less. This is more or less just an R&D project, and it's safety record is nothing more than a word salad from these companies.

Missenger

The BBC is busting it by pushing the idea of anti-vax propaganda? While talking about a "honeypot" pushing pro-vaccine propaganda group? This is all a joke to them isn't it?

OP
Mito

Mito

“Whistleblowers from inside Facebook say that the social network is censoring skeptics of the COVID-19 vaccine by demoting user comments by way of an algorithm that calculates a 'vaccine hesitancy score,' Project Veritas claims.

James O'Keefe, the head of Project Veritas, claimed on Fox News that two anonymous Facebook employees leaked documents showing that the company was testing a 'beta' version of the algorithm to target anti-vaxxers.”

PxD

“Whistleblowers from inside Facebook say that the social network is censoring skeptics of the COVID-19 vaccine by demoting user comments by way of an algorithm that calculates a 'vaccine hesitancy score,' Project Veritas claims.

James O'Keefe, the head of Project Veritas, claimed on Fox News that two anonymous Facebook employees leaked documents showing that the company was testing a 'beta' version of the algorithm to target anti-vaxxers.”

I saw this yesterday.

Just think of all the time and effort that must be devoted to policing speech on the platform that could be used more productively elsewhere.

An old friend of mine works for Uber as an engineer in the autonomous driving division. Everyone in that division stores and shares work on a centralized master database, simply called the Master Database. He told me last summer that the company devoted several weeks' worth of 2-3 engineers' time to rename the database and all references to it, because "master" had been designated as a "racist" word.

When companies can afford to engage in this type of BS, you know they have it too good. We're living through some kind of bubble, for sure. At least Facebook is profitable. Uber can't even do that and doesn't seem to have any clear path to sustainable profitability.

Once the bubble pops, watch the social engineering initiatives melt away.

Ronald1919

I've never considered myself an anti-vaxxer, but I do think it's obvious that some vaccines have a better safety record than others. As much as I hate the FDA, I trust billion dollar companies like AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson even less. This is more or less just an R&D project, and it's safety record is nothing more than a word salad from these companies.
No such thing as safe vaccine

People are six feet under or have had their health severally compromised and all facebook is worried about is “misinformation”.

Jessie

Sounds like reactionary disinformation. Most anti-vaxxer cults (like the Amish) tend to have the highest disease rates from illnesses they would otherwise have avoided with vaccines. But if you like to ignore science, be my guest. This is what happens when people get all their news from mouth breathers like Alex Jones.

P

Peatness

I'm inclined to agree with you. Dr Peat thinks so too:-

RP: A vaccine? No. has there ever been a safe and effective vaccine? The whole issue of safety testing has been fraudulent. The CDC disobeyed an order of Congress in not doing safety studies when they gave the pharmaceutical industry immunity from damages caused by killing people with bad vaccines. When they gave them that immunity, they were obligated by Congress to do safety testing and report every two years. For 30 years they did absolutely nothing and the safety testing that has been done, for example, if you think that the aluminum adjuvant has been causing deaths and brain damage, and you would test it against a blank something for sure not containing aluminum. But they used aluminum in the so called placebo they used a toxic placebo to measure the toxicity of the vaccine. Deliberate, intentional fraud.

PxD

Sounds like reactionary disinformation. Most anti-vaxxer cults (like the Amish) tend to have the highest disease rates from illnesses they would otherwise have avoided with vaccines. But if you like to ignore science, be my guest. This is what happens when people get all their news from mouth breathers like Alex Jones.

The Amish have *somewhat* higher rates of vaccine-preventable diseases but more than make up for it with clean living, such that they have better health outcomes and life expectancy than the general population. Lack of vaccination isn't really a problem. Inbreeding due to small population pool is more of an issue than lack of vaccination.

Ronald1919

'science'
'science is settled bro cuz I just mentionned some Amish bs story'
LOL get lost man with that bs

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom