Face age

OccamzRazer

Looking healthy dude :10:
Thank you sir! It said I looked 37 in this pic. ?

Perhaps this tool could be helpful when it comes to tracking personal progress (if numbers get lower over time, that's prob a good thing). But it's clear that the numbers themselves can border on arbitrary.

Anyways I'll stop being a buzzkill now. The concept here is a good one.

OP
B

baccheion

Thank you sir! It said I looked 37 in this pic. ?

Perhaps this tool could be helpful when it comes to tracking personal progress (if numbers get lower over time, that's prob a good thing). But it's clear that the numbers themselves can border on arbitrary.

Anyways I'll stop being a buzzkill now. The concept here is a good one.
Do you have one with your hairline showing? I am guessing it's receding. Your (outer) eyebrows are weak, upper eyelids are showing, negative canthal tilt, etc. All signs of higher stress/estrogen/cortisol/prolactin. Such a hormone profile increases aging rate.

Being high estrogen especially during 20s (when DHEA is peaked) isn't good. In the presence of higher estrogens, DHEA is metabolized into inflammatory products. With low estrogens, you get antiinflammatory products.

OccamzRazer

Do you have one with your hairline showing? I am guessing it's receding. Your (outer) eyebrows are weak, upper eyelids are showing, negative canthal tilt, etc. All signs of higher stress/estrogen/cortisol/prolactin. Such a hormone profile increases aging rate.

Being high estrogen especially during 20s (when DHEA is peaked) isn't good. In the presence of higher estrogens, DHEA is metabolized into inflammatory products. With low estrogens, you get antiinflammatory products.
Thnx for the insight, maybe there's more to this than I thought!

What do you recommend for this type of hormonal profile? I was under a lot of stress the past few years but don't feel that way anymore. PM me if you'd prefer.

OP
B

baccheion

Thnx for the insight, maybe there's more to this than I thought!

What do you recommend for this type of hormonal profile? I was under a lot of stress the past few years but don't feel that way anymore. PM me if you'd prefer.
Are you allergic to milk protein?

I'm mostly guessing, but the ideal would be 1 gallon+ raw (100% grass-fed organic A2 Ayrshire) whole milk and nothing else. A bit of iron (floravital), 250 - (cups * 5) milligrams vitamin C or less, some vitamin K2, sustained-release melatonin (REMfresh 500 mcg would be more than enough for decades), and DHEA.

The 1:2:4 eggs, orange juice, and 1% milk combo should also work. Add 1 ounce liver if needing more salt. Get the good (eg, vital farms) eggs. Same melatonin + DHEA, though Peatworld seems to prefer progesterone + DHEA.

One symptom of progesterone deficiency is male-pattern balding.

Something is affecting thyroid. Ever run any labs?

Any pictures from the time before, during, and after the stress period to see if there was age acceleration (put into the tool)?

Last edited:

OccamzRazer

Are you allergic to milk protein?

I'm mostly guessing, but the ideal would be 1 gallon+ raw (100% grass-fed organic A2 Ayrshire) whole milk and nothing else. A bit of iron (floravital), 250 - (cups * 5) milligrams vitamin C or less, some vitamin K2, sustained-release melatonin (REMfresh 500 mcg would be more than enough for decades), and DHEA.

The 1:2:4 eggs, orange juice, and 1% milk combo should also work. Add 1 ounce liver if needing more salt. Get the good (eg, vital farms) eggs. Same melatonin + DHEA, though Peatworld seems to prefer progesterone + DHEA.

One symptom of progesterone deficiency is male-pattern balding.

Something is affecting thyroid. Ever run any labs?

Any pictures from the time before, during, and after the stress period to see if there was age acceleration (put into the tool)?
Milk protein: not sure. I do have access to raw milk. Got up to a gallon a day but felt some chronic inflammation from that. Otherwise I'd be down for a milk-only diet...

Why melatonin instead of progesterone, especially if progesterone deficiency is implicated in MPB? I've been taking StressNon and CortiNon but am open to switching things up.

Speaking of balding, probably a NW2 right now. I lost a lot of hair (and had terrible dandruff) in 2018. Prior to this stressful time, I looked really young for my age. Will run some 'before' pics through the tool and see what it says...

No labs but I need to do some. My Mom has Hashimoto's hypothyroidism. I just started taking small amounts of NDT.

Anyways....thanks for all your advice. While there's more to life than looking really, really ridiculously goodlooking, I appreciate any ideas that could optimize outward health.

I have a friend who looks very similar to your first pic. Cute! Pretty sure she's 22.

Seems like you were just blessed with youthful looks from the start, and Peating has further amplified that...
The app said I looked older than my age at 26, and it is true. I didn't look anymore youthful than anyone else at that age. Being attractive is different than youthfulness. I remember my first wrinkles between eyes from not wearing sunglasses and squinting at 30. At about 35 I started taking fish oil and MSM and those wrinkles went away as the years went by, I eventually has to stop on both of them. Just before "Peating" my legs started to look scaly, my chest was getting some wrinkles from the sun and age spots on my arms were coming on fast, but within a couple of years of "Peating" pretty strictly those reversed too. I don't think i am going to get mistaken for 23, but the pics I used in the app were clear and it noticed the difference between looking my age a 26, looking older before "Peating" 6 years ago and my skin looking more youthful at 58.

What's your current stack? What do you eat?
My diet changes depending on the season and the year. Whenbi first started "Peating" it was more about cutting out the PUFA's and grains, and I ate basically everything else, liver pate, a lot of proteins from meat and seafood, macadamias, coconut oil, and berries and watermelon only for fruit, no eggs or milk, just some cheese.

Nowadays it is not much meat and LOTS of milk and cheese, egg yolks, shellfish, fruits (oranges, berries, watermelon and tropical fruits), liver, and lots gelatin from corn and soy free chicken wings, homemade bone broths and pork rinds. I have not suppliments anything until this past couple months when added in Progest-E and niacinimide. I wish I could get myself to eating the carrots, but it is my next goal :)

ursidae

You’re being extra harsh to justify the app being inaccurate. Dude looks great

OccamzRazer

You’re being extra harsh to justify the app being inaccurate. Dude looks great
Thank you ursidae ? Yeah, I know the app is inaccurate.

Still open to baccheion's thoughts on thyroid and hormones, tho. He (she?) seems pretty knowledgeable in those areas.

OccamzRazer

The app said I looked older than my age at 26, and it is true. I didn't look anymore youthful than anyone else at that age. Being attractive is different than youthfulness. I remember my first wrinkles between eyes from not wearing sunglasses and squinting at 30. At about 35 I started taking fish oil and MSM and those wrinkles went away as the years went by, I eventually has to stop on both of them. Just before "Peating" my legs started to look scaly, my chest was getting some wrinkles from the sun and age spots on my arms were coming on fast, but within a couple of years of "Peating" pretty strictly those reversed too. I don't think i am going to get mistaken for 23, but the pics I used in the app were clear and it noticed the difference between looking my age a 26, looking older before "Peating" 6 years ago and my skin looking more youthful at 58.
Fair enough...you know how your appearance has changed over time better than I do!

And hey, if your success can't be attributed to 'genetic' factors, that makes your testimonial about Peating all the more impressive.

Fair enough...you know how your appearance has changed over time better than I do!

And hey, if your success can't be attributed to 'genetic' factors, that makes your testimonial about Peating all the more impressive.

It is "Peating"! Friends and family say often, "why are we all getting older and you guys are getting younger?" I am so grateful to have stumbled upon Ray Peat via Weston A. Price. That is the only reason I signed up to be a member recently was to assure true Ray "Peater's", that his science is spot on and that they are on the right track. ?

Apple

Age detected : 67
peat_.png

Here's one from suntime this morning. (Thus the serious squinting.) No one in real life has ever mistook me for being over 30.

There is something about some peoples' appearance that this tool mistakes for a marker of aging. And there is something about other peoples' appearances that it mistakes for a marker of youthfulness!
That is what I am thinking too, it is looking for certain markers. Most people think I am younger in person than pics because of how I dress and act, so you being in person gives off a young vibe too. You look great, more manly in that pic than boyish in your body building thread. Like I said earlier in this thread, I think facial hair, make-up and an older hairdo will add on age points. I think my straight long hair (younger hairdo) took age point off mine.

akgrrrl

Wow I like this app haah.
Age detected 48
Real age 67
My only thought is the cold weather preserves you. I havent really sweat here except in a sauna. Fresh out the shower no makeup

Attachments

• 20190116_135841.jpg
    20190116_135841.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 51
Wow I like this app haah.
Age detected 48
Real age 67
My only thought is the cold weather preserves you. I havent really sweat here except in a sauna. Fresh out the shower no makeup
Girl you look hot!! You don't have Cruella Deville hair! I love love love this thread!

akgrrrl

Girl you look hot!! You don't have Cruella Deville hair! I love love love this thread!
Well I cut off the blond a few months ago as the grey took over so now its def cruella. My hair is huge and thick, I cut it short just to cut it down. Now its big and wild looking. but thanks. At least I still have the 6 ft.x 38.29.36 to go with it

OccamzRazer

That is what I am thinking too, it is looking for certain markers. Most people think I am younger in person than pics because of how I dress and act, so you being in person gives off a young vibe too. You look great, more manly in that pic than boyish in your body building thread. Like I said earlier in this thread, I think facial hair, make-up and an older hairdo will add on age points. I think my straight long hair (younger hairdo) took age point off mine.
Yeah the markers are definitely a little oversimplified. Another thing I noticed is big smiles seem to reduce the detected age (at least for me).

Interesting you mention the vibe thing. That's a very powerful element! Part of acting young must be preserving a sense of wonder for the world.

Finally...thanks! The facial hair does provide a more manly vs. boyish look.

Yeah the markers are definitely a little oversimplified. Another thing I noticed is big smiles seem to reduce the detected age (at least for me).

Interesting you mention the vibe thing. That's a very powerful element! Part of acting young must be preserving a sense of wonder for the world.

Finally...thanks! The facial hair does provide a more manly vs. boyish look.

Oh you wanted that manly look?!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals