Ezcema

Nstocks

For the first time in my life I've started to get eczema on random areas of my body.

It started on my leg, then thigh, then a small patch on the shaft, then chest and under armpits.

I had a lot of problems with skin (mostly acne) growing up and also through Paleo but nothing has really 'changed' for many years so it seems quite random.

Likely not related but I've been getting a lot of cavities too despite good oral health. Carrot salad is at least once weekly, I also take VSL3 probiotics twice a year, 1 month supply at a time. No other supplements.

Drink plenty of goat milk, lacking on the coconut oil though.

benaoao

Eczema is just another inflammation related condition. Fix digestion, could be the stomach acid, could be that your gut needs to be healed.

Sugar, fats, sulfur amino acids are all fine in a healthy individual but they are all on the first line when it comes to spiking inflammation; mechanisms vary but you end up with the same symptoms. What’s varying is your genetic makeup making you prone to acne and eczema whereas others will be depressive, suffer from hair loss etc.

So drop the milk and the steak. Go for a more balanced amino acid intake: shellfish, oysters, gelatin. High vitamin and mineral intake from vegetables like carrots, yams, leaves. Squeeze your oranges. Eat whole fruits.

I’d only supplement zinc, magnesium and vitamin E for a month or two. Get some red light. Sleep more stress less.

OP
N

Nstocks

Good advice, we all know it's internal causes at the end of the day and to this day my digestion is still terrible. I have 10 days left of VSL3 left, probably won't take any morello be honest. Perhaps Kefir?

Gelatin doesn't work for me at all, it doesn't digest. Oysters are easy enough.

tara

I got a nasty case of something like eczema a while back, without any prior history. I could somewhat ameliorate it with a good layer of grease (mostly a mix of cocoa butter and coconut oil), but what eventually resolved it very quickly was supplementing a little zinc once a week. If I neglect the zinc for 2-3 weeks the rash begins to return. Oysters are worth a try. Could be other nutrients too depending on what one is missing. Vit C is also essential for skin's frequent turnover.

benaoao

Good advice, we all know it's internal causes at the end of the day and to this day my digestion is still terrible. I have 10 days left of VSL3 left, probably won't take any morello be honest. Perhaps Kefir?

Gelatin doesn't work for me at all, it doesn't digest. Oysters are easy enough.

maybe try collagen or just straight glycin then. But I'd try collagen

TripleOG

Do your skin issues go away/reduce in the summer after a decent amount of sun exposure?

Recently had a random spot of what I assumed was dermatitis form on my neck and ear that wouldn't go away after a month. Tried common Peat-ish topicals and 660nm red light without much difference. Weather eventually warmed up enough to do some outdoor exercise. After 3 days of 1-2hr noon sun, the spots disappeared completely. Was reminded of a woman I know whose keratosis pilaris dimishes only after substantial summer sunlight. Did a quick look into UVB therapy. Seems promising for wide range of skin conditions, along with the obvious Vit. D increase. You may want to look into it.

OP
N

Nstocks

Do your skin issues go away/reduce in the summer after a decent amount of sun exposure?

Recently had a random spot of what I assumed was dermatitis form on my neck and ear that wouldn't go away after a month. Tried common Peat-ish topicals and 660nm red light without much difference. Weather eventually warmed up enough to do some outdoor exercise. After 3 days of 1-2hr noon sun, the spots disappeared completely. Was reminded of a woman I know whose keratosis pilaris dimishes only after substantial summer sunlight. Did a quick look into UVB therapy. Seems promising for wide range of skin conditions, along with the obvious Vit. D increase. You may want to look into it.

Sitting in the sun makes my face greasy, but I've come to the conclusion that I have dehydrated skin (on face but possibly overall). I only use water to wash and I'm adding in a serum and good moisturiser.

I've been using red light therapy for 2 years, mostly on face but also over entire body.

EIRE24

Sitting in the sun makes my face greasy, but I've come to the conclusion that I have dehydrated skin (on face but possibly overall). I only use water to wash and I'm adding in a serum and good moisturiser.

I've been using red light therapy for 2 years, mostly on face but also over entire body.
I find I have the exact same dehydrated skin and the oily problem too. Have you found anything that has fixed the problem? I found urea based moisturisers to help and also the sun.

OP
N

Nstocks

I find I have the exact same dehydrated skin and the oily problem too. Have you found anything that has fixed the problem? I found urea based moisturisers to help and also the sun.

I'm trying a couple of things. Hylauronic acid serum and then a simple moisturiser on top to lock in the water. I tend to get super greasy by mid afternoon but it could be because I never moisturise so skin is over producing oil.

This is an excellent blog and talks about urea: https://simpleskincarescience.com/dehydrated-skin-moisture-barrier-acne-fix/

EIRE24

Yes, I thought this was my exact problem also. Do you suffer with acne at all or dead skin build up from the dehydration?

Thank you for the link I will read it.

OP
N

Nstocks

I suffered with acne for a long time and still get breakouts. Dead skin build up daily but I try not to over exfoliate. The Corsx blackhead liquid is highly recommended (it's a BHA). But yet, dead skin build up is a total pain and I always feel like I need to scrub my face but exfoliate 1-2 timer per week at most. It's like any product I put on seems to 'peel' and makes my skin look rough and greasy.

But, I have found that when I wake, skin is mostly smooth and not shiny. I would go without washing in the morning but it's when I shower so it's hard to avoid getting face wet.

Must remember to apply product to very damp skin, not dry!

EIRE24

I suffered with acne for a long time and still get breakouts. Dead skin build up daily but I try not to over exfoliate. The Corsx blackhead liquid is highly recommended (it's a BHA). But yet, dead skin build up is a total pain and I always feel like I need to scrub my face but exfoliate 1-2 timer per week at most. It's like any product I put on seems to 'peel' and makes my skin look rough and greasy.

But, I have found that when I wake, skin is mostly smooth and not shiny. I would go without washing in the morning but it's when I shower so it's hard to avoid getting face wet.

Must remember to apply product to very damp skin, not dry!

Looks like we have very similar skin then and the same problem. Did you use benzoyl peroxide or other similar products that strip the skin barrier?

OP
N

Nstocks

I used BP about a decade ago for acne. I went about 4 months without washing face at all (not even water) which helped to balance it. But now it just seems dehydrated, red and always have a layer of dead skin cells on it.

I think moisturising to stop the water evaporating from skin is key and of course, internal issues (digestion) always play havoc.

SOMO

This happens to many skin conditions, including acne.

The sun's radiation, including UV, can be beneficial for skin conditions. Obviously long-term UV is bad, but small doses of UVB (but not necessarily UVA) can improve many chronic skin issues.

OP
N

Nstocks

Pulling up an old thread here...

Ive started to get patches of ezcema again on my body and even on my male parts! The glans has a patch of whitish growth and the doctor has prescribed a steroid cream.

Internally, what else could I do, or avoid? I started Life Extension Phage probiotics 6 weeks ago - maybe there is some die off which has caused a flare up?

HDD

Pulling up an old thread here...

Ive started to get patches of ezcema again on my body and even on my male parts! The glans has a patch of whitish growth and the doctor has prescribed a steroid cream.

Internally, what else could I do, or avoid? I started Life Extension Phage probiotics 6 weeks ago - maybe there is some die off which has caused a flare up?
Have you tried antihistamines? Benadryl, cyproheptadine, etc.

Just received this today-
Hypothyroidism and Histamine Intolerance and the 2-Step Fix

OP
N

Nstocks

cyproheptadine mades me incredibly lethargic, even at a tiny dose.

Thanks for the link I'll check that out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals