Eyelid Twitching

jaketthomas

I started with the Peat diet about 7 days ago. I generally feel good, except my eyelid has been twitching like CRAZY since about Day 3 of the diet. Never had before. Used to laugh when people talked about their eyelids twitching, since it never happened to me.

If you google eyelid twitching, there's about 7,000 different reasons why it could happen. Anyone else have this happen to them?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I usually have that when under stress. Ray Peat has said that it can be really stressful changing the diet up.

J

j.

Interesting. I had eye twitching and Ray Peat dieting eliminated it.

bradley

it happens to me if i have too much caffeine or dont get enough sleep.

jaketthomas said:
I started with the Peat diet about 7 days ago. I generally feel good, except my eyelid has been twitching like CRAZY since about Day 3 of the diet. Never had before. Used to laugh when people talked about their eyelids twitching, since it never happened to me.

If you google eyelid twitching, there's about 7,000 different reasons why it could happen. Anyone else have this happen to them?

OP
jaketthomas

jaketthomas

I have never really been a coffee drinker, and have been having daily coffee now. Maybe that's it? I was always a Green Tea guy. Been my favorite drink for 10+ years, but rarely coffee. I've ditched the Green Tea for coffee, and now my left eyelid is going crazy.

I'm not stressed about anything, sleeping well at night. Could be the diet change, and/or coffee. Guess I'll just continue to monitor it.

jyb

mdrsports31 said:
MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE.....thank me later :)

I also heard that magnesium could stop twitching. I occasionally do magnesium chloride sprays all over my body for 30mins before taking a shower to rinse it off, though I no longer have twitching even if I don't do it.

I had twitching of various areas of the body before Peating. I suspect I was deficient in some nutrients.