Eyelid infection/ stye - need help/advice! (See photo)

ddjd

See photo attached. Would appreciate any advice on how to fix this.

Here's a Google photo similar to my issue, my one can't paste in thread for some reason....(but it's in attachments below)
eyeStye-944536728-770x533-1.jpg

Doctor gave me topical anti biotics - Gentamicin - it's not one of the safe ones Ray talks about.....I used it once and noticed some weird side effects so I'd prefer to find a more natural route.

Here's a list of things I've read that might help (nohing tried as of yet):

Hot compress
Topical T3
ACV
tea tree oil
salicylic acid
zinc oxide
aspirin
Potassium

Some of those things are very acidic so probably not good so near the eye.

Is this the sort of thing I might need an operation to remove??

Attachments

• IMG_20220508_095432.jpg
    IMG_20220508_095432.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 36

Rasaari

I've had one like the google picture twice and it went away on its own. Took like a week. Oral aspirin and hot compress are good. Topical gentamicin is pretty safe, sometimes topical oxytetracycline is prescribed and/or oral doxy. Depends on the cause. Chelating iron is useful against staph.

GTW

Many acids are relatively mild.
Boric acid is used in eyewash.
Goldenseal root tea/decoction topically and internally has been used for eye irritation since 19th century.
Castor oil on the eyelids and eye lashes could be helpful.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Two years ago, I had an eye infection, I treated it with eye drops to which I added 1ml of diluted chlorine dioxide solution, so I had 10 ml chlorine dioxide solution and a stye formed, puss came out and it healed. Now two years later another one! The eye lids are still swollen. A friend of my son had it and a friend of mine, too. Something is going around. I also put a drop of colloidal silver (500 ppm) on it.

dfspcc20

I had a persistent one recently that finally went away after treating it with iodine. I soaked a q-tip with Lugols and held it against the stye 1-2x/day for a few days and it disappeared pretty quickly.

GTW

There can be many different causes therefore different treatments. Mites/demodex is one I had not thought of. My own case was caused by or prolonged by exposure to wood smoke. When I stopped using wood heat in my house it was cured.
>The biochemical, medicinal actions of castor oil are explored from the perspective of ocular surface pathology, and include microbial and demodectic over‐colonisation, inflammatory and oxidative processes, as well as clinical signs and symptoms of dryness and discomfort.

sweetpeat

I had something similar last year. Hot compresses helped the most in my case. I was amazed that something so "nonmedical" could help so much.

Sedonagal

Anytime I have something similar or pink I starting I just take antibiotic ointment and rub it all over the lids and into the lashes in the corners of the eye. It really isn’t made for eyes but it’s worked well and has not irritated anything

akgrrrl

In years past, at our old time pharmacy, a tiny tube of yellow mercuric oxide would make that go away in 12 hrs

GTW

I had a lot of experience of pink eye infections with dogs. Terramycin opthalmic ointment was usually effective with nearly immediate results. No other antibiotic that veterinarians prescribed was very good. I used it on eye inflammation for myself.
Visine eye drops for inflammation advertised "hydrastine" but now don't make any claims based on goldenseal root content. Goldenseal root is Hydrastis Canadensis. FDA Nazis obstruct herbal medicine.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I had a persistent one recently that finally went away after treating it with iodine. I soaked a q-tip with Lugols and held it against the stye 1-2x/day for a few days and it disappeared pretty quickly.
Thanks so much for this @dfspcc20 - the lugols iodine on a q-tip worked!! Im so pleased. No need for the antibiotics.

If anyone else has this problem, definitely try topical lugols iodine!!

dfspcc20

Thanks so much for this @dfspcc20 - the lugols iodine on a q-tip worked!! Im so pleased. No need for the antibiotics.

If anyone else has this problem, definitely try topical lugols iodine!!
Wow, glad to hear it worked for you!
It worked so quickly with mine I wondered at first if it was just a coincidence.

Kray

I think the massage is helpful, a good thing for healthy maintenance.

As for styes, the thing that really works based on my experience is a gold (ring). Take a clean piece of genuine gold jewelry (wedding band or earring), slightly rub back and forth over the stye. Do this 2-3 times per day and it should subside within a few days. I did this with one of my kids when they were young who had a tendency to get styes- can't remember where I heard or read about it- and it worked.

xborg

If there is an infection present the quickest thing I've found to clear it is MMS. Get a small bottle with an opening about the same size as the affected area. Put 1 drop of activated MMS in the bottle. Hold the opening against and over the infection for ~90 secs so that only the gas contacts the skin, not the liquid drop. Either keep your eye closed or be careful to keep the bottle opening sealed against the skin so no ClO2 gas contacts the sensitive cornea. The ClO2 will penetrate the skin and kill the infection on contact. Expect results in 12 hours. You can repeat the treatment 8-12 hours later if you like.

HeyThere

Wow, glad to hear it worked for you!
It worked so quickly with mine I wondered at first if it was just a coincidence.

I have a 1cm cyst inside of my cheek, I wonder if this would help get rid of that? Been there for a couple of years now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals