Eye Problems- Thyroid Eye Disease? please help.

goodandevil

Hi,

So I was on t4,, felt great. I took maybe 6mcg/day, which was enough to get me right. Now im off tbe t4 because i shall be tested for thyroid problems on tbe thjrd, and want more t4. Now, I have eye problems; they're painfully dry, and slighlty painful, and possibly bulging. My temls are back down and my scalp is itching and breaking out.

I knkw rp said exoptholamus or thyroid eye disease can bappen in a hypo, hyler, or euthyroid state. Does anyone have any deeper knkwledge of what actually vauses these eye problems? Im guessing it's related to tsh? I believe my aldosterone is high as well, because my pupils are dilated.

Greta

Have you been checked for Anti-thyroid autoantibodies (TRAbs i think these are the ones that cause the eyes problems in Graves disease)?, they are present with Grave's disease, and they are known to cause the eye problems

It's not related to the TSH, those antibodies can have a cascade effect that will end up ******* up your TSH... But no... The TSH can't give you eye problems,

Greta

Also... Are you sure you were taking 6mcg... That's nothing at all, not enough to change anything.

That can only have a "placebo effect". Plus if you were hypo... You'll need from weeks to months to feel a real change from the T4, as it needs to build up in your system

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Greta said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97554/ Also... Are you sure you were taking 6mcg... That's nothing at all, not enough to change anything.

That can only have a "placebo effect". Plus if you were hypo... You'll need from weeks to months to feel a real change from the T4, as it needs to build up in your system

Thanks for your reply greta. Yeah, I think maybe 6 to 12 mcgs, bu my temps definitely went up. In any case, this seems to have started after I took the synthroid .. I take selenium bht maybe more would help my eye condition. Just rather concerning and alarming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greta

goodandevil said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97560/
Greta said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97554/ Also... Are you sure you were taking 6mcg... That's nothing at all, not enough to change anything.

Thanks for your reply greta. Yeah, I think maybe 6 to 12 mcgs, bu my temps definitely went up. In any case, this seems to have started after I took the synthroid .. I take selenium bht maybe more would help my eye condition. Just rather concerning and alarming.

Believe me, the selenium might have done much more than a very low dose of T4. ;)

Giraffe

I would increase sodium intake. Aldosterone is involved in sodium reabsorption from the urine.

tara

Greta said:

People vary a lot. Some people do seem to get noticable effects from quite small amounts. If the T4 is being converted to T3 efficiently, I don't see why 6-12 mcg wouldn't make a difference.
I agree it can take weeks (I think 2 - 4) for T4 to build up to a stable level.
I commend goodandevil for starting with a small dose. :) So much safer and easier to gradually adjust upwards than taking way too much to begin with, and then having to untangle the reactions.

tara

Looks as though the supplement you were taking was helpful.
If you're eye trouble doesn't come right pretty quickly, I think I'd be off for an expert opinion from an eye dr, too.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

tara said:
If you're eye trouble doesn't come right pretty quickly, I think I'd be off for an expert opinion from an eye dr, too.

Hi tara =) I wanted to update, and say that I gave in and took 12mcg today. My eyes were bulging a bit but went down and my vision improved. I read a rp quite, which says trh is reposnsible. If my trh is high, tben my tsh.hopefully is also high, and I can get t4 from doctor.

Thank gkd for.the internet because I trust no doctor .. clearly being hypo can cause ege problems as well as hyper. Thanks everyone!

Greta

goodandevil said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97794/
tara said:

Hi tara =) I wanted to update, and say that I gave in and took 12mcg today. My eyes were bulging a bit but went down and my vision improved. I read a rp quite, which says trh is reposnsible. If my trh is high, tben my tsh.hopefully is also high, and I can get t4 from doctor.

Thank gkd for.the internet because I trust no doctor .. clearly being hypo can cause ege problems as well as hyper. Thanks everyone!

The antibodies cause the problem... It doesn't matter if you are hyper, hypo or euthyroid...

Greta

tara said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97788/
Greta said:

People vary a lot. Some people do seem to get noticable effects from quite small amounts. If the T4 is being converted to T3 efficiently, I don't see why 6-12 mcg wouldn't make a difference.
I commend goodandevil for starting with a small dose. :) So much safer and easier to gradually adjust upwards than taking way too much to begin with, and then having to untangle the reactions.

Low amount of T3 yes, and fast.
Low amount of T4 for a short period, even with no conversion problems... Maybe if he had no thyroid, and was in a myxedema coma, could havel felt something in a short period of time :lol: Otherwise I bet it's placebo effect or the selenium (selenium helps with conversion T4<T3 and it's also known to lower antibodies...)

tara

Greta said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97816/
tara said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97788/
Greta said:

Low amount of T3 yes, and fast.
Low amount of T4 for a short period, even with no conversion problems... Maybe if he had no thyroid, and was in a myxedema coma, could havel felt something in a short period of time :lol: Otherwise I bet it's placebo effect or the selenium (selenium helps with conversion T4<T3 and it's also known to lower antibodies...)

Could have been something else, like selenium - I agree that can be important too.

OP said he had been on the T4 - didn't say how long - and then the symptoms came on when he stopped. I would guess that if he'd been takingit for a while, the level could have build up.
I didn't see OP saying he'd only been taking T4 for a very short time. If he'd been taking it for a couple of weeks, the levels could be up compared to endogenous levels.
I don't know enough chemistry to know how many micrograms of T3 you get by removing a quarter of the iodine. I would guess that it makes it slightly less, but still at least 80% of the T4 by weight. So once T4 levels are stabilised, and assuming 100% T4 to T3 conversion (I don't know if this is realistic), no additional rT3, etc, then couldn't
10mcg T4 be converted to
~8mcg T3/day, which would be
~0.33mcg/hr, which could be an increase of
~10% or more over previous levels
which I imagine (speculation, I don't have empirical evidence to support this) could be enough to tip the balance favourably on at least some issues.
Even if it only contributed half this much T3, maybe it could still make a noticeable difference in some areas.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Next update: since Iive had my blood drawn, I went back on the t4. I was on it previously for one to two months. I took about 8mcgs today, and ny body temperature rose to 99. I feel great, but im getting thks damn eye pain again! I'm sure my stress hormones are high, for, when I vaporize weed and stop, my pupils dilate. Seems to correct this. I suspect I migh've sustained some hypothalamic damage from all my gears kf heavy weed smoking .. if onky I'd had thyroid all tbese years! I also have foamy urine when I stop smoking / quit. I ate a bunch of cranberries today for iodide, as I postulated that my selenium may've been too.high, but jt seems not.to have made a tremendous impact. Ive also increased my vjtamin.a to 20,000, plus.whatever is.in milk.

I.wish.I.could've bad my trh tested, but I.dont knkw.if they need a spinal tap.for.that. anyways my doctor.was.young and all-knowing so im lucky I got tsh. Ill report the tsh back when I get it, as well as cholesterol. Rp said pregnenelone should correct thyroid eyes disease, but I.took 10mg today, which availed me nothing. I feel so gkkd at 99 degrees, I hope I.can solve thjs! U

Thank yku for tbe calculations, tara, it hells me to understand the impact of tbe t4 quantitatively. Im a bjt surprised.it raises my temps so efficaciously, as I have pelvic floor problems, and I almkst certainky have sibo from.tbe weed, probiotics, etc; im therefore surprised.I alparentkh metabolize tbe t4 so readily. I really feel wonderful, except for tbis ******* eye problem!

I bad quite an aliquit of salt today, which upset my stomach. Im going.to.divide it.into smaller.doses.to.control my aldosterone. Hopefully.I.dont have a pituitary tumor. I have nettle tea srriving shkrtly, maybe the zinc will help me? Im.out of.ideas at thks.point.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Also, regarding tbe kinetics, I heard the dose follows.a parabola, with t max being + 6 hours? :?: so maybe ill divide my miniscule amount.in.two. oh, I also take.it.on a full stomach, usually, I wonder if that influences my problems??

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Is rp still on "berb doctors" every thjrd friday? Thanks againfkr replies =)

tara

goodandevil said:
post 98483
I bad quite an aliquit of salt today, which upset my stomach. Im going.to.divide it.into smaller.doses.to.control my aldosterone.
Peat usually recommends salting food to taste, not taking a large amount of salt all in one go, esp. by itself.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Was jhst reading about how someone's vision was worsened in k-2- what do you think? I take the life extension super k. Ive nkticed all my veins have become very apparent on my hands. I think I'd better give the k2 a break. Has anyone experienced this?

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Sorry for the meandering thread. I wanted to update again: my eyes have been getting better, and I believe my problems were caused by taking life extension vitamin k everyday. Also, my veins have become very apparent in ny hands. I thought this was because of endotoxin, but I nkw suspect too much, possibly synthetic, vitamin k as causing my eye problems. Fingers crossed.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]goodandevil[/ref], thanks for the update.

:hattip

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals