Eye health and Vision | Causes, Natural preservation & Tips

Doludolu

Hello,

As I am studying, researching and spending quite a big chunk of my life looking at a PC screen, I have questions on eye-vision health & its preservation
- if you notice that your vision is getting more blurry - what does that mean in terms of health?
for e.x. - increased inflammation? eye muscles getting weak? nutritional deficiencies? low metabolism?

- are there natural ways to restore the health of your eyes & vision or you can only preserve what you currently have and not make it worse ?
- what natural tips / recommendations would you have to restore eye health and vision ?

Thank you!

Beastmode

Eyesight and vision are important distinctions to make as most think of vision as reading off a chart (i.e- having 20/20 vision.)

Vision is something that can be, and should be I say, trained daily relative to where one is/goals/etc. Z health and Carrick trained practitioners are some of the best in this department. I was at my best vision and eyesight wise when working on this daily. This was prior to getting my thyroid sorted as well.

Reading this is a great reminder to get back on track as it should be even easier to improve these now that I have better fuel in the tank.

TheSir

In many cases posture influences the myopia a lot. Back when I solved my cervical imbalance, the sight on my worse eye to recovered in the span of a single day.

CreakyJoints

Hello,

As I am studying, researching and spending quite a big chunk of my life looking at a PC screen, I have questions on eye-vision health & its preservation
- if you notice that your vision is getting more blurry - what does that mean in terms of health?
for e.x. - increased inflammation? eye muscles getting weak? nutritional deficiencies? low metabolism?

- are there natural ways to restore the health of your eyes & vision or you can only preserve what you currently have and not make it worse ?
- what natural tips / recommendations would you have to restore eye health and vision ?

Thank you!

I think it would be wise to at least use blue-blocking glasses and perhaps also use a screen colour filtering software. I like one called Iris, I think many users here have had good experiences with Flux.

There have been some studies to show that limited exposure to certain frequencies of red light can help with certain injuries or trauma to the eyes - perhaps some of them will be of interest. I've provided a number of links to studies specifically using 670nm, which is a slightly more esoteric frequency (660nm is more commonly available), because I remember a few interesting ones over the last few years - the last one may be of particular interest if the worry is screen exposure-related damage. I believe there are a few podcasts with Michael Hamblin in which he discusses this sort of thing, too.

I hope some of this helps, please let us know if you find something that works for you, or if any of these were useful.

670nm light treatment following retinal injury modulates Müller cell gliosis: Evidence from in vivo and in vitro stress models

Optically Improved Mitochondrial Function Redeems Aged Human Visual Decline (note that although the abstract says this did not have an appreciable effect on younger participants, the full study implies there may have been a positive impact anyway)

Red laser cyclophotocoagulation in the treatment of secondary glaucoma in eyes with uveal melanoma

Near infrared light reduces oxidative stress and preserves function in CNS tissue vulnerable to secondary degeneration following partial transection of the optic nerve

Treatment with 670-nm Light Protects the Cone Photoreceptors from White Light-Induced Degeneration

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello,

Thank you!
Gut irritation irritates my eyes right away. It makes them more blurry and they feel strained. Activated charcoal can temporarily help, but problematic foods need to be avoided. Upping vit D and getting lots of sunlight helps a lot.

bryguy

+1 for Z Health practitioners. You can certainly train visual function. You can improve it, you can maintain it, you can make it worse. Z Health has a product called vision gym which is a place to start if you want to go it alone. There's more to it than vision drills though so at some point you may need to seek out a Z practitioner to walk you through it. Don't let that lapse. Every minute at your computer screen is training your eyes to get really good at looking at computer screens

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

Eyesight and vision are important distinctions to make as most think of vision as reading off a chart (i.e- having 20/20 vision.)

Vision is something that can be, and should be I say, trained daily relative to where one is/goals/etc. Z health and Carrick trained practitioners are some of the best in this department. I was at my best vision and eyesight wise when working on this daily. This was prior to getting my thyroid sorted as well.

Reading this is a great reminder to get back on track as it should be even easier to improve these now that I have better fuel in the tank.
I heard about doctor Bates and his methods more. But will look into that - Z Health and Carrick. What's the main concept if in short?
In many cases posture influences the myopia a lot. Back when I solved my cervical imbalance, the sight on my worse eye to recovered in the span of a single day.
Very interesting, so alignment/chiropractor should help. Also general muscle strengthening and for example hanging on the bar should be helpful.
I think it would be wise to at least use blue-blocking glasses and perhaps also use a screen colour filtering software. I like one called Iris, I think many users here have had good experiences with Flux.

There have been some studies to show that limited exposure to certain frequencies of red light can help with certain injuries or trauma to the eyes - perhaps some of them will be of interest. I've provided a number of links to studies specifically using 670nm, which is a slightly more esoteric frequency (660nm is more commonly available), because I remember a few interesting ones over the last few years - the last one may be of particular interest if the worry is screen exposure-related damage. I believe there are a few podcasts with Michael Hamblin in which he discusses this sort of thing, too.

I hope some of this helps, please let us know if you find something that works for you, or if any of these were useful.

670nm light treatment following retinal injury modulates Müller cell gliosis: Evidence from in vivo and in vitro stress models

Optically Improved Mitochondrial Function Redeems Aged Human Visual Decline (note that although the abstract says this did not have an appreciable effect on younger participants, the full study implies there may have been a positive impact anyway)

Red laser cyclophotocoagulation in the treatment of secondary glaucoma in eyes with uveal melanoma

Near infrared light reduces oxidative stress and preserves function in CNS tissue vulnerable to secondary degeneration following partial transection of the optic nerve

Treatment with 670-nm Light Protects the Cone Photoreceptors from White Light-Induced Degeneration
Thank you. Thought that red light should be helpful. Blue light blocking use only for sleep. Perhaps should try use 50% blockage during the day for eyesight/vision?
interesting connection with mitochondria and makes sense! Are eyes and eye muscles dense with mitochondria though ?

Gut irritation irritates my eyes right away. It makes them more blurry and they feel strained. Activated charcoal can temporarily help, but problematic foods need to be avoided. Upping vit D and getting lots of sunlight helps a lot.
Thanks. Which is very individual therefore I have to experiment. Could you point me out at what point it is a sign of gut irritation? Because during multiple years I've been used to some levels of bloating & gas (quite often smelly). There's the point of that some level of bloating and gas is normal and therefore shouldn't be that strictly taken, but what do you consider gut irritation on the bioenergetic model? Thank you.
I can imagine some short fasting, AC and carrot salad / White button mushrooms for a day would be helpful indeed to reduce endotoxin. Need to do that more often.

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

From the current research what they have identified as nutrients beneficial for eyes, vision and oxidative stress in the retinal areas:
Vitamins A, C , E
Lutein
Zeastaxanthin
Astaxanthin
Omega-3 (
really.. ?) - quite well done studies show it reduces oxidative stress , free radicals in eye membranes, improves blood flow & etc.
Zinc

Beastmode

I heard about doctor Bates and his methods more. But will look into that - Z Health and Carrick. What's the main concept if in short?

Very interesting, so alignment/chiropractor should help. Also general muscle strengthening and for example hanging on the bar should be helpful.

Thank you. Thought that red light should be helpful. Blue light blocking use only for sleep. Perhaps should try use 50% blockage during the day for eyesight/vision?
interesting connection with mitochondria and makes sense! Are eyes and eye muscles dense with mitochondria though ?

Thanks. Which is very individual therefore I have to experiment. Could you point me out at what point it is a sign of gut irritation? Because during multiple years I've been used to some levels of bloating & gas (quite often smelly). There's the point of that some level of bloating and gas is normal and therefore shouldn't be that strictly taken, but what do you consider gut irritation on the bioenergetic model? Thank you.
I can imagine some short fasting, AC and carrot salad / White button mushrooms for a day would be helpful indeed to reduce endotoxin. Need to do that more often.

Bates can help some with eyesight (i.e- 20/20 looking at a chart,) but not vision.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKJCRAM9m40

B

Braveheart

Lack of sleep is the one thing that immediately messes with my eyesight...and I only have one eye...am very aware of any changes to my sight...K2 Kuinone has been very beneficial for me, immediate improvement...eye doc was clueless, didn't know what I was talking about....BTW, old timers I know have been very impressed with saffron....

Last edited by a moderator:

aliml

In traditional chinese medicine (TCM), the eyes are related to the liver, so they can reflect liver function.

The liver “Opens to the Eyes” meaning it is the primary meridian that is responsible for healthy vision. The kidney for example “Opens to the Ears”.

B

Braveheart

In traditional chinese medicine (TCM), the eyes are related to the liver, so they can reflect liver function.

The liver “Opens to the Eyes” meaning it is the primary meridian that is responsible for healthy vision. The kidney for example “Opens to the Ears”.
interesting, thanks....

CreakyJoints

I think it's more useful than just for sleep. If your concern is damage from staring at a screen, I think it would be best to take the precautions whilst you are staring at it, to be honest with you. Again, I think the studies explain better than I could, but I recommend using blue-blocking glasses for the entire time you are at your computer, perhaps also using a software which filters screen colours to help a little more.

I'm not sure why density would be a concern, but perhaps you will find this interesting too.

P

Peatness

Taurine as well as other nutrients already mentioned

Some peat quotes

Copper and magnesium deficiencies predispose to retinal damage.

Limiting water intake (or using salt generously) helps to inhibit prolactin secretion

Progesterone and pregnenolone, by reducing the stress reactions, should be helpful--in the eye diseases of infancy and old age, as they are in the respiratory distress syndromes.

The eye itself has especially high requirements for vitamins A, B2, and niacin, and coenzyme Q.

This quote is from nutrition for women pg. 55

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for Z Health practitioners. You can certainly train visual function. You can improve it, you can maintain it, you can make it worse. Z Health has a product called vision gym which is a place to start if you want to go it alone. There's more to it than vision drills though so at some point you may need to seek out a Z practitioner to walk you through it. Don't let that lapse. Every minute at your computer screen is training your eyes to get really good at looking at computer screens
+2 for the ZHealth vision gym. I regularly practice it, have been for years. Peripheral walks help a ton...huge bang for the buck.

Also, try to focus on details far away. Look at a tree down the block and focus on the details of the leaves, etc.

I do near-far jumps at red lights all the time.

But, yes. Z is incredible.

imei3489

is there any advantage to using glasses instead of a software filter when it comes to screens?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Smelly gas is usually because of putrification in the gut or an excess of bad bacteria. You can always do a stool test to see which specific bacteria are high and then use a specific anti-biotic to target them.
When you have a clean baseline and perfect digestion, transit time and bowel movements, then it's very easy to identify problematic foods. Any food that gives you a negative symptom is either feeding bad bacteria or causing an immune response/allergic reaction.