Eye Bags

How to get rid of bags under your eyes? Any supplements creams etc?

Cold compress everyday?

It could be a histamine issue. I sometime got them really bad eating a lot of high histamine foods like seafood and avocados. Claratin helped quite a bit, stinging nettle, coffee, sugar and salt too.

OP
C

Chophouse360

It could be a histamine issue. I sometime got them really bad eating a lot of high histamine foods like seafood and avocados. Claratin helped quite a bit, stinging nettle, coffee, sugar and salt too.
Thanks. Put the salt in the coffee? Lol. Stingle nettle in a pull form?

Thanks. Put the salt in the coffee? Lol. Stingle nettle in a pull form?

Yeah I take stinging nettle leaves in capsule form according to directions.

Just mix like a tablespoon of sugar with about anv1/8 to a quarter teaspoon of salt and a cup of water. Is this a one time thing or chronic?

OP
C

Chophouse360

Yeah I take stinging nettle leaves in capsule form according to directions.

Just mix like a tablespoon of sugar with about anv1/8 to a quarter teaspoon of salt and a cup of water. Is this a one time thing or chronic?
Idk. I don’t think it’s chronic. I feel like out of nowhere I’ve gotten them

Idk. I don’t think it’s chronic. I feel like out of nowhere I’ve gotten them

Yeah that sounds like histamines. It could be from anything. I have the same issue. If you find those thingvhelp thenbyou'll know you are on the right track. I always carried candied ginger to chew on when I was getting the puffy eyes alot. It works good too!

OP
C

Chophouse360

Yeah that sounds like histamines. It could be from anything. I have the same issue. If you find those thingvhelp thenbyou'll know you are on the right track. I always carried candied ginger to chew on when I was getting the puffy eyes alot. It works good too!
What brand of ginger chews? I looked some up but some reviews are misleading…thanks!

What brand of ginger chews? I looked some up but some reviews are misleading…thanks!

Don't buy any from China like Ginger People. I use this one.

Attachments

• 20210917_110456.jpg
    20210917_110456.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 30

golder

Would a small amount of antihistamine (like cyproheptadine) applied topically under the eyes work here?

-Luke-

Just bags or dark circles (with a blue color)? If it's "just" the bags, I tried grated/shredded potatos a few times years ago and it got rid of the bags within a few minutes.

Didn't help with dark circles, though. I still have them and nothing ever helped.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Have you tried vitamin K for the darkness under eyes?

Just bags or dark circles (with a blue color)? If it's "just" the bags, I tried grated/shredded potatos a few times years ago and it got rid of the bags within a few minutes.

Didn't help with dark circles, though. I still have them and nothing ever helped.

"Like the dark circles, a chronically plugged nostril is suggestive of an allergy, and it usually varies according to the intensity of the intestinal irritation of undigested food. Keeping notes on what you eat, you might notice increased stuffiness during the night after particular foods were eaten, though with some foods the congestion can take a couple of days to develop. Prolonged endurance exercise will usually slow the pulse because of adaptive inhibition of the thyroid. I have seen some people with the dark circles, fatigue, and other symptoms that stopped as soon as they stopped their daily running." -Ray Peat

-Luke-

Have you tried vitamin K for the darkness under eyes?
I tried it years ago. Surprisingly, it made everything worse.

Ell

Unanswerable based on info given. Oft seen on the internet, somene posts similarly and answers abound but realistically its not that simple, the laiety do not know the answers. But definietely worth a try.
. If I were an advisor, I'd request any jack off the street to at least supply the min amt. of info which MD's request upon a visit. If you just go blurting out requests like How Do I fix X or Y to a bunch of internet folk, well.... cheerio and best of lucks !!!!!!!! Just bein real, ya know....

NodeCerebri

Unanswerable based on info given. Oft seen on the internet, somene posts similarly and answers abound but realistically its not that simple, the laiety do not know the answers. But definietely worth a try.
. If I were an advisor, I'd request any jack off the street to at least supply the min amt. of info which MD's request upon a visit. If you just go blurting out requests like How Do I fix X or Y to a bunch of internet folk, well.... cheerio and best of lucks !!!!!!!! Just bein real, ya know....
Why so hysterical? This is supposed to be a forum, thriving on active discussions and I observed that open questions and a vivid dialogue can help not only the thread starter but gather so much information that a majority of people can benefit from it. This is nowhere near trying to replace or optimize the visit to the doc to the highest efficiency. Don’t know what point you’re trying to make and why you felt the need to post this here. If you’re not okay with what has been posted, just move on.

Hans

Forum Supporter
How to get rid of bags under your eyes? Any supplements creams etc?

Cold compress everyday?
Eye bags could indicate gut irritation or basically anything that causes water retention, such as cortisol, aldosterone, inflammation, etc. Stress, poor sleep and gut irritation are common factors. If it's dark under the eyes as well, it usually indicates that the immune system is responding to something in your body/gut.

OP
C

Chophouse360

Eye bags could indicate gut irritation or basically anything that causes water retention, such as cortisol, aldosterone, inflammation, etc. Stress, poor sleep and gut irritation are common factors. If it's dark under the eyes as well, it usually indicates that the immune system is responding to something in your body/gut.
What is the quickest way to fix the gut?