Extreme stress

Jing

What do you do when you are extremely stressed and the situation can't be fixed? How do you not get so stressed over the situations?

What do you do when you are extremely stressed and the situation can't be fixed? How do you not get so stressed over the situations?
Prayer is a good remedy, but I also find playing music makes a huge difference in my mood. I turn on happy music from the time I wake up and keep it on until the time I go to bed. It even stays on when I turn the tv on at night. A quiet house gets me thinking too much in my head. The tv turned on during the daylight hours feels depressing. Call an elderly person to cheer them up. Send a small silly gift to someone. Adopt a puppy or kitten. Talk to us on the forum :)

OP
J

Jing

Prayer is a good remedy, but I also find playing music makes a huge difference in my mood. I turn on happy music from the time I wake up and keep it on until the time I go to bed. It even stays on when I turn the tv on at night. A quiet house gets me thinking too much in my head. The tv turned on during the daylight hours feels depressing. Call an elderly person to cheer them up. Send a small silly gift to someone. Adopt a puppy or kitten. Talk to us on the forum :)
Nothing seems enjoyable either that's the thing just been way too stressed out that I'm feeling so depressed.

Nothing seems enjoyable either that's the thing just been way too stressed out that I'm feeling so depressed.
I am telling you play some music, and definetly get some sunshine. There is certainly a lot to be depressed about at this time in the world, so don't feel alone. I always know things in my life could be worse, so don't want for an illness or a mad dog to chase you down to realize it. Adrenaline does wonders for snapping a person out of a depression :)

Here, you need some humor in your life :)

Attachments

• IMG_2078.jpg
    IMG_2078.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 34
OP
J

Jing

I am telling you play some music, and definetly get some sunshine. There is certainly a lot to be depressed about at this time in the world, so don't feel alone. I always know things in my life could be worse, so don't want for an illness or a mad dog to chase you down to realize it. Adrenaline does wonders for snapping a person out of a depression :)
Thanks but music actually sounds really bad to me right now , and no chance of getting any sun hasn't been good sun for ages here in uk

alephx

The realization that all things good and bad have an end. And a hearty chicken broth with some lime and rice, is hard to beat.

Thanks but music actually sounds really bad to me right now , and no chance of getting any sun hasn't been good sun for ages here in uk
Well music sounds bad to you because right now you don't feel like being happy. If you don't try to get out of your head then you are gonna snowball this.

Ooops you gotta drink it fast cause it does thicken up a bit. Or maybe add more juice or water.

OP
J

Jing

Well music sounds bad to you because right now you don't feel like being happy. If you don't try to get out of your head then you are gonna snowball this.
What do you mean? If something is stressing me out and is constantly there and can't be changed I'm not sure how I can just be happy? If it was that easy I'd be happy i don't want to feel like this

What do you mean? If something is stressing me out and is constantly there and can't be changed I'm not sure how I can just be happy? If it was that easy I'd be happy i don't want to feel like this
I am not saying to make yourself happy, I am just saying to surround yourself more with external happy things. You would be surprised how your brain reacts to uplifing smells (aromatheapy) and subconsciously releases positive brain chemicals with music. I have gone through some of the worst times imaginable in my life. My approach to getting through it was "rearing up" rather than wallowing. Getting mad is better than withering. If this is a "love matter" than that really does stink, but even that will fade into the background of your life.

SOMO

Maybe try getting rid of that "something."

Your life and situation are more under your control than you realize.

OP
J

Jing

I am not saying to make yourself happy, I am just saying to surround yourself more with external happy things. You would be surprised how your brain reacts to uplifing smells (aromatheapy) and subconsciously releases positive brain chemicals with music. I have gone through some of the worst times imaginable in my life. My approach to getting through it was "rearing up" rather than wallowing. Getting mad is better than withering. If this is a "love matter" than that really does stink, but even that will fade into the background of your life.
Thing is when I'm like this I don't enjoy stuff

animalcule

Thing is when I'm like this I don't enjoy stuff
You’re asking for advice on how to get out of feeling like this. Of course when you feel like this you don’t think it will work. Sometimes you just have to go through the motions with the faith that eventually it lead to some improvement. Your highly stressed brain seems to be putting you in a defeated state. Happens to me too. But sitting and doing nothing won’t help, even if your brain is telling you that there’s nothing that will help.

Here’s what helps me:
- Walk. A lot. Even when you don’t feel like it. Move through the world on foot. You’ll begin to process things differently, along with other physical benefits.

- Cold shower. Jolt your system a bit.

- Make a plan for a positive future. Take the smallest step towards it, even if it seems impossible that it could ever happen.

- Music. It really is a good suggestion. Though I know what you mean about not enjoying it in a certain state. But sometimes you’ll hit upon a song that breaks through.

Izzybelle

I'm also in a no-way-out situation and I know what your are talking about. I think music is a good idea, but not anything loud or agitating. I like listening to music from my youth that I loved and keep it at a moderate or low level, it does help. I won't say it will make you happy, but it will help, and maybe make you remember better times and feelings. Also, try all the Peaty things for lowering stress hormones -- pregnenolone, progesterone if you are a woman, a little benadryl, niacinamide, salt, sugar, ice-cream, aspirin,magnesium, glycine -- at high doses glycine is very calming. I'm sure there are more they just escape me at the moment. Coffee. A little lysine is not that Peaty but I take a little of that here and there and it helps a little. Chamomile tea. Take a bath in epsom salts and baking soda. Try to to focus on taking good care of yourself and your soul. Try to pick up a hobby or diversion and do it in slow doses - I'm learning Spanish - but only for so long as it is interesting to you. If there's no sun get supplemental lighting with incandescent bulbs. Go for a walk, stop in a coffee shop and have random talks with strangers. I've been in this situation for a long long time and I feel for you. Anything that lowers serotonin, like activated charcoal or carrot salad. My stress has been so chronic and severe that I've resorted to some Xanax, but I'm not recommending that necesarily and you'd need to use it with caution see a doctor to get it, but it has helped me. If you did go this route, try to keep it at smaller doses and don't stop it suddenly - you need to taper down slowly. Cry if you need to -- some of the songs from my youth send shivers down my spine and make me cry, thinking of how the world and my life was then. Don't try to suppress your feelings and be kind to yourself.

OP
J

Jing

You’re asking for advice on how to get out of feeling like this. Of course when you feel like this you don’t think it will work. Sometimes you just have to go through the motions with the faith that eventually it lead to some improvement. Your highly stressed brain seems to be putting you in a defeated state. Happens to me too. But sitting and doing nothing won’t help, even if your brain is telling you that there’s nothing that will help.

Here’s what helps me:
- Walk. A lot. Even when you don’t feel like it. Move through the world on foot. You’ll begin to process things differently, along with other physical benefits.

- Cold shower. Jolt your system a bit.

- Make a plan for a positive future. Take the smallest step towards it, even if it seems impossible that it could ever happen.

- Music. It really is a good suggestion. Though I know what you mean about not enjoying it in a certain state. But sometimes you’ll hit upon a song that breaks through.
I walk two hours everyday in nature I have for years now but its not helping me get out of this state. I like how you assume I'm just doing nothing...
Cold showers? No thanks I'm already cold as ****.. when ever I have a cold shower will feel so cold for the whole day.

Music well I tried that last night just made me angry really don't like the sound of music ATM.

OP
J

Jing

I'm also in a no-way-out situation and I know what your are talking about. I think music is a good idea, but not anything loud or agitating. I like listening to music from my youth that I loved and keep it at a moderate or low level, it does help. I won't say it will make you happy, but it will help, and maybe make you remember better times and feelings. Also, try all the Peaty things for lowering stress hormones -- pregnenolone, progesterone if you are a woman, a little benadryl, niacinamide, salt, sugar, ice-cream, aspirin,magnesium, glycine -- at high doses glycine is very calming. I'm sure there are more they just escape me at the moment. Coffee. A little lysine is not that Peaty but I take a little of that here and there and it helps a little. Chamomile tea. Take a bath in epsom salts and baking soda. Try to to focus on taking good care of yourself and your soul. Try to pick up a hobby or diversion and do it in slow doses - I'm learning Spanish - but only for so long as it is interesting to you. If there's no sun get supplemental lighting with incandescent bulbs. Go for a walk, stop in a coffee shop and have random talks with strangers. I've been in this situation for a long long time and I feel for you. Anything that lowers serotonin, like activated charcoal or carrot salad. My stress has been so chronic and severe that I've resorted to some Xanax, but I'm not recommending that necesarily and you'd need to use it with caution see a doctor to get it, but it has helped me. If you did go this route, try to keep it at smaller doses and don't stop it suddenly - you need to taper down slowly. Cry if you need to -- some of the songs from my youth send shivers down my spine and make me cry, thinking of how the world and my life was then. Don't try to suppress your feelings and be kind to yourself.
Music atm makes me feel worse. Tried All those things except benadryl I feel they make me worse because I'm also so fatigued I feel I need something to stimulate me. Thanks.

Nomane Euger

Hi,a list of things:sleeping under the sun,spending times with your most reassuring relatives with who you feel the most secure,eating perfectly ripe fruits,eating grass fed grass finished lamb/veal kidneys wich to me successfully lower histamines andstop me from having negatives emotions on negatives thoughts so I can stop thinking about it and sleep well,a good solid night sleep specifically rem sleep and dreaming,after a good night of dreaming i wake up with a different frame of mind not affected anymore by stressors and negative feelings from the past days and weeks,doing something else and focusing your mind on something else as much as possible

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals