Extreme Stress Reaction from Coffee and Orange juice taken too close?

Stifler

Hello all,

Coffee and OJ are some of the best things I utilize on a day-to-day basis. I go light on coffee, but I notice an extreme stress reaction when I take coffee and OJ on the same day. I wait at least 2 hours after drinking coffee for OJ, but it still seems to cause an stress reaction that doesn't exist if I did not drink coffee that day. If I wait anything less than 2 hours then I feel like vomiting, so I am very sure the stress reaction is caused from interaction from the two.

I was hoping someone could provide insight on why exactly this occurs as my google searches don't seem to have a reasonable explanation that I can build an effective solution for. I really don't want to give up either as I have cravings for it when I have gone too many days without one.

OP
Stifler

Stifler

both are high acidic.
Is OJ not alkaline? I had seen a few threads in which it was stated that OJ is very alkaline, therefore, I had thought that it would be good for easing an acidic stomach.

B

Blaze

Is OJ not alkaline? I had seen a few threads in which it was stated that OJ is very alkaline, therefore, I had thought that it would be good for easing an acidic stomach.
Oj is definitely acidic. That’s primarily due to it’s high ascorbic acid content. But supposedly when it is broken down into metabolites it and other citrus fruits have an overall alkaline effect in the body. They say lemons are the most alkalizing of all the citrus fruits.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewACC

both are high acidic.
In addition, I think you shouldn't add OJ for reducing stress from much of coffee, because stress reaction from too high water consumption can be stronger. Sugary gelatin is good one for it

LadyRae

Hello all,

Coffee and OJ are some of the best things I utilize on a day-to-day basis. I go light on coffee, but I notice an extreme stress reaction when I take coffee and OJ on the same day. I wait at least 2 hours after drinking coffee for OJ, but it still seems to cause an stress reaction that doesn't exist if I did not drink coffee that day. If I wait anything less than 2 hours then I feel like vomiting, so I am very sure the stress reaction is caused from interaction from the two.

I was hoping someone could provide insight on why exactly this occurs as my google searches don't seem to have a reasonable explanation that I can build an effective solution for. I really don't want to give up either as I have cravings for it when I have gone too many days without one.
Hi Stifler (Val Kilmer?) When I drink coffee in the morning I make sure that it has some coconut creamer in it and then I will have a few bites of fresh fruit that is heavily salted. (Honeydew melon, pineapple, papaya) Make sure to thoroughly chew and there's no need to eat a big bowl of fruit right away. I will put some in a bowl and kind of work on it that first half hour that I'm awake.

In my second cup of coffee I mix a scoop of hydrolyzed multi collagen powder, and sometimes a little bit of potassium bicarbonate which seems to complement the sea salt on my fruit...

In the past, several years ago when I was stupidly keto, I actually threw up several times drinking green tea on an empty stomach.... matcha was even worse...