Extreme Situation. Aspirin And Weight Gain

I recently took 4.5 grams of aspirin with 12mg of k2 daily for about 10 days. The first 8 days I literally gained 20 pounds. I consumed the same amount of cals as before the aspirin treatment which is about 2500 cals a day. It seems like I gained lots of water weight. Why would that happen? Isn't aspirin supposed to reduce edema?

jaguar43

Has your waist increased ? Is the weight gain fat or muscle/tissue ? Aspirin inhibits free fatty acids that always your glucose intolerance to decrease. Leading to more muscle and tissue ?

PakPik

High dose ASA requires an abundance of carbs, or else stress can happen. How many carb calories where you getting?
Also, how is your potassium intake? At that dose of ASA you most probably had significant mitochondrial uncoupling. Potassium is crucial for this process to work well,
"..uncouplers favors the state in which the ATP generating enzyme becomes active, opposing the effect of ATP. And in the absence of potassium the continued exposure to uncouplers blocks respiration, leaving the cell in a dead, swollen state. Extra potassium is vital whenever uncouplers are involved. The swelling caused by uncouplers such as thyroid hormone, for instance, are almost immediately reversed by potassium (and ATP). " Andrew Kim Blog: I'm Back! Updates, Mini Burnout, and Low Carb Diets Are Still Egregious

artist

Aspirin gives me and many others endotoxin issues, that would be my first guess

DaveFoster

Easy there on the aspirin. It's hard on the intestines, which can lead to endotoxemia, as mentioned, along with rectal bleeding.

Easy there on the aspirin. It's hard on the intestines, which can lead to endotoxemia, as mentioned, along with rectal bleeding.
I echo Dave's sentiment. However, my diarrhoea gets triggered only if I add strong coffee (or any other pro-metabolic substance) to the 3 gm of aspirin a day that I take regularly.

milk_lover

I did the same 4 months ago and I gained a lot of weight. But I was not taking any K2. I think it's a stress response in my case.

milk_lover

how much aspirin did you use for how long, and how much weight gain?
I was taking a lot from 0.5 to 1.5 grams. Too much for me. Now I just take the baby aspirin with food. My body can tolerate it this way.