Extreme new regulations purposed on supplements in the US.

I'm.No.One

Just an FYI the FDA is going to wipe out A LOT of supplement producers if this takes effect.

Talking jail time for anyone who doesn't apply.

Also, this would also include tinctures/herbal anything that's meant for ingesting alongside of every supplement anyone on this forum relies upon.

Anyhow, just hadn't seen this posted here yet so thought I'd share.

Here's a link to get anyone started falling down the here comes the FDA rabbit hole:

joaquin

This is actually a good thing as it will force folks to build networks among their nearest relatives and friends. Why should supplements be made in China anyway? Most supplements are just derivatives of things that are natural to begin with. DIY

JamesGatz

What's the TLDR for this ? The link is so vague I really don't see it going into much specifics of anything - anyway, hopefully this wakes more people up to the goal of self-sustainability. The powers that be are not just coming from your food - anything you can do that remotely improves your health is in the crosshairs

Grapelander

They tried to do this in 1994 and lost. Then the pharm companies started to buy out nutrition manufacturers - hence all the additives/fillers we have today.

Senator Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah), who served in the Senate for seven terms before retiring in 2018, passed away on Saturday, April 23, at the age of 88.

Sen. Hatch was a key player in the passing of the Dietary Supplements Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA), and continues to fight for the natural products industry on Capitol Hill. He also had served as a co-chair of the Dietary Supplement Caucus, a bipartisan congressional group of legislators, who promote discussions among lawmakers about the benefits of dietary supplements, provide tips and insights for better health and wellness, and promote research about the health care cost savings these products provide.

They are still pisssed off:
Orrin Hatch and the dietary supplement health and education act: Pandora's Box revisited
"The Food and Drug Administration cannot act against them until patients have already been harmed, a dangerous situation. Furthermore, no governmental agency has the authority to force the manufacturers to furnish proof of efficacy. It is vital for physicians to warn their patients that they should use these unproven products only with great caution, and must never discontinue legitimate medical therapy in lieu of unproven products."

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

This is actually a good thing as it will force folks to build networks among their nearest relatives and friends. Why should supplements be made in China anyway? Most supplements are just derivatives of things that are natural to begin with. DIY
No it's not. It will cripple small herbal/supplement business who won't be able to keep up with their requests & will end up getting people put in jail.

Edit to add: Any natural substance you buy that's meant for ingestion for non food purposes is considered a dietary supplement. It's not just pills etc.

Anytime you have the FDA involved there's never a potential for it to "be a good thing".

joaquin

No it's not. It will cripple small herbal/supplement business who won't be able to keep up with their requests & will end up getting people put in jail.

Edit to add: Any natural substance you buy that's meant for ingestion for non food purposes is considered a dietary supplement. It's not just pills etc.

Anytime you have the FDA involved there's never a potential for it to "be a good thing".
Make your own.

sweetpeat

This is actually a good thing as it will force folks
I dunno. After the last two years, I'm getting weary of my government trying to force me to do what it thinks is best.
Generally speaking, more regulation is not better.

tankasnowgod

Considering the Bill is only 10 pages, maybe one of you should, you know, read it first? Before just guessing what it says?

I could find nothing about financial penalties or jail time referenced in the bill. It doesn't seem like there is anything in it to justify the fear mongering the linked article, nor the speculation on this thread.

The other thing you could do is wait for it to actually come to a vote in either chamber of Congress. It's in committee right now. A vast majority of bills never make it out of there.

Jeez, School House Rock gave you the basics of how this process works in three minutes in cartoon form-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6MinvU93kI

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom