Extreme food intolerance

This problem started a few months ago and has spiraled completely out of control. I began eating in a "Peat-like" fashion about half a year ago - milk, juice, raw carrot, cooked mushrooms cheese, liver, gelatin, etc. and I felt great at the beginning, no digestive symptoms at all. Slowly as the months progressed, I started noticing 'endotoxin'-like symptoms: gas, painful bloating, diarrhea, skin flushing, etc. so I removed all starch from my diet, thinking that would fix the problem - it didn't. Some of my family members began recommending I cut back on the milk, because "1.5L of milk a day is too much", but I didn't listen to them because milk is the perfect "Peat" food, and obviously you can cure lactose intolerance by forcing it, and I had been doing fine on milk for months. My digestive symptoms got really bad at this point, I was having fecal incontinence (I wasn't able to hold my poop in), interstitial cystitis (swollen inflamed bladder) and a bunch of other horrid symptoms. One day I decided to cut the milk out - and boom, all my digestive symptoms gone. I tried many different types of milk after that, including goats milk, sheeps milk, lactose free milk, raw milk, grass fed milk, and it always gave me the same symptoms. I started to become intolerant to all dairy, including cheese, ice-cream and yogurt. One time I tried eating a teaspoon of yogurt and it gave me an extreme reaction including suicidal thoughts. Anyway you can probably see where this is going, I started becoming extremely sensitive to everyday foods and having to cut them out - symptoms would include anxiety, flushing, intrusive/suicidal thoughts, insomnia, diarrhea AND constipation, gas, etc. For the past month or so, my diet has been limited to ground beef, orange juice, and eggshells. A few nights ago I put a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of juice in the afternoon, and then subsequently didn't sleep the entire night. Every one of these foods produce the same type of bowel movement, a pure liquid stool which is incredibly hard to pass, and painful to pass (however that works). I don't take any supplements/drugs except for 1mg of cyproheptadine every night, mostly because I've become sensitive to them too. The cyproheptadine is a must for me, because I appear to suffer from 'chronic serotonin syndrome' and cyproheptadine is the only thing that allows me to sleep (although it doesn't do anything if I eat something I'm sensitive to). What could be causing my extreme sensitivity?

gaze

what foods were you eating before peat? you can't eat those same foods now ?

LuMonty

Is it just dairy fat? Or is it fat in general? I ask because from you post it seems like the problem persists, but not as badly as with the dairy.

OP
deliciousfruit
what foods were you eating before peat? you can't eat those same foods now ?
just normal foods that most of the population eats - wheat, meat, soy etc. can't eat anything except OJ and beef at the moment. I try different foods all the time, but I don't enjoy doing it much anymore because it means a day of hell

OP
deliciousfruit
Is it just dairy fat? Or is it fat in general? I ask because from you post it seems like the problem persists, but not as badly as with the dairy.
all foods except OJ and beef give me the exact same reaction, no matter the quantity

gaze

how bout white rice? have you checked your vitamin D recently ?

LuMonty

all foods except OJ and beef give me the exact same reaction, no matter the quantity
Thank you for that. I ask because I had a similar problem where more and more foods caused problems; when I had minimal fat the problem mostly went away. I can't say for sure in your case but what worked for me was bile acids. I did a few rounds of that with taurine and TUDCA for about two months. It's not very pleasant and it didn't seem like I was making progress but it worked out. Without bile, fat is very irritating to the intestines and it can lead to snowballing issues (histamine goes up, inflammation, etc). Bile also helps clean out stuff that shouldn't be around so it can still help. This is simply my best guess.

OP
deliciousfruit
how bout white rice? have you checked your vitamin D recently ?
cant tolerate white rice too unfortunately. yeah I had my vitamin D checked a few months ago, it was about 40ng/ml iirc, I had been supplementing for a short while

OP
deliciousfruit
Thank you for that. I ask because I had a similar problem where more and more foods caused problems; when I had minimal fat the problem mostly went away. I can't say for sure in your case but what worked for me was bile acids. I did a few rounds of that with taurine and TUDCA for about two months. It's not very pleasant and it didn't seem like I was making progress but it worked out. Without bile, fat is very irritating to the intestines and it can lead to snowballing issues (histamine goes up, inflammation, etc). Bile also helps clean out stuff that shouldn't be around so it can still help. This is simply my best guess.
ive tried taurine and also high/low fat... still got the problems tho, but appreciate the suggestions anyway!

LuMonty

Bile acid can irritate the intestine and increase endotoxin.
Bile also disinfects and helps clean the liver. Any laxative will cause irritation leading to endotoxin but sluggish digestion does that anyhow. Getting a clean slate to test potentially safe foods is worth the downsides. I speak from experience; a few courses of bile and my digestion greatly normalized. What would your methodology be to clear the intestines without irritation, help clear the liver, and get a clean slate to test food tolerances?

Bruna

Bile also disinfects and helps clean the liver. Any laxative will cause irritation leading to endotoxin but sluggish digestion does that anyhow. Getting a clean slate to test potentially safe foods is worth the downsides. I speak from experience; a few courses of bile and my digestion greatly normalized. What would your methodology be to clear the intestines without irritation, help clear the liver, and get a clean slate to test food tolerances?
Properly aged cascara doesn't have an irritating purgative effect, but I'm not sure it cleans my intestine. I started using a small dose a week ago.