Extreme Example Of Growing Tall From Thyroid Issue

Herbie

They are only feeding him 5000 calories... he needs atleast 200000 at his height. Poor guy, I wish him well.

Last edited:

milkboi

Yeah wth, he looks like death... do you know of really tall guys who look well fed?

SOMO

I’m wondering what his Bone Density is like on a DEXA or MRI.

His limbs look very thin, if he gets hit or hits a bone, is he more likely to break/fracture a bone?

No, he doesn’t need 20000 calories.
That’s not biologically required or sustainable or possible.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Yeah wth, he looks like death... do you know of really tall guys who look well fed?

He reminds me of an avatar from the film.

Do you think maybe even 300000 calories?

He is an athlete

OP
Herbie

Herbie

His limbs look very thin, if he gets hit or hits a bone, is he more likely to break/fracture a bone?

Peat was eating 8000-10000 while working as a surveyors assistant

Lilac

I could eat 5,000 calories a day and probably not get indigestion. This is sad.

I was at a gathering where there was a 15-year-old girl with very long limbs. Not as extreme as this boy, but still strikingly long. Later, somebody told me she has arthritis. So many children with major problems!

managing

Tacko Fall 7'7"
tacko-fall-ucf.jpg

Isaac Haas 7'2"
usa_today_9967266.0.jpg

Elkman

I’m not following... are you saying he is tall because of hyperthyroidism? Is there proof for that claim that excessive thyroid = greater height, or the reverse?

pepsi

Wow, he's only 17, hopefully hes stopped growing.
Looks like a great guy though, smart with a lot of humor, good for him.

OceanSpray

I’m not following... are you saying he is tall because of hyperthyroidism? Is there proof for that claim that excessive thyroid = greater height, or the reverse?

When did these sort of claims in this forum ever needed any proof?

Elkman

When did these sort of claims in this forum ever needed any proof?
I hope you’re being sarcastic lol. If you’re serious, I don’t necessarily mean proof but what is the scientific reasoning behind it? There are tons of hyperthyroid people who are average in height.

boris

I'd say it is possible he just grew tall because of genetics. And the deformation is because of malnutrition and resulting hypothyroidism. 5000 calories for this man (at rest) is a cruel joke. Count in that he does extreme physical exercise and it gets even worse.

Kunstruct

According to wiki

Father was 2.18 m (7 ft 2 in) tall , basketball player
Mother was 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in) tall, volleyball and handball player

"At age 8 he was taller than his mother, at 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in) tall, and by the age of 12 he reached a height of 2.08 m (6 ft 10 in), surpassing his father."

nwo2012

I believe it is linked more to hypothyroidism. Yes that can cause cretinism, but I believe the theory is sometimes the pituitary is working so hard with elevated TSH that inadvertently it overproduces growth hormone to extreme levels or a pituitary adenoma is formed with the same result in GH and then a state of hyperthyroidism occurs. The mainstream theory, naturally, is the reverse. The adenoma randomly happens or due to genes and then the pituitary excretes massive amounts of TSH leading to hyper/hypo-thyroidism.

rei

Poor guy, he has played basketball so much that his whole posture has adapted to it because of his flawed throwing stance. That walking looks difficult. Luckily at his age this should be easily fixed if he gets the needed treatment (or happens to research treatment himself, he seems smart learning to play piano through youtube).

SonOfEurope

Yeah poor kid... And mean it, at almost 2 and half meters his whole structure has become so stretched that even though he should gain bone width and density though his 20s and 30s he will remain on the easy fracture side and in his late 40s the back problems could become brutal... If he even makes it to 50.

Men who are overtly tall (over 200cm) do better staying on low bodyfat and carefully adding mass, even then in ten years he should weight at least 260 lbs while still looking thin and require at least 11-12k calories if he's even to be active daily.

Last edited:

lvysaur

I think that there's an "inappropriate" type of tallness that results from pituitary and/or other processes that are not ideal. One giveaway is the brain:body mass ratio.

Compare that 7'7" guy in the vid to the interviewer. Interviewer is roughly 6' but their heads are exactly the same size. That's actually one of the reasons this guy looks so weird--his head is tiny for his body size.

I remember reading an article about how all the top-rated hollywood actors have large heads. I think that "appropriate" height growth will be paired with equal or even greater head growth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals