Extreme Carroting

AdoTintor

My partner seems completely Peat resistant at the moment however I was intrigued by her use of a juicer that produces a very clean juice, and spits all the fibre out the back end. I find it amusing that she is super-peating, unknowingly. Occasionally she is even juicing whilst mocking my new diet:) The amount of fibre from just 3 oranges is surprising. Anyway, I bought one of these juicers and now use it to collect the carrot candy-floss that it considers waste. This carrot fluff is pure peat gold. It is very fine and must present an insane surface area to the gut. I create a bowl of it at the beginning of the day and slowly consume it throughout. You can consume more carrot because the carotene ends up in the juice that can be tipped away.

OP
A

AdoTintor

What model juicer? Mine would create an unedible ball of carrot pulp.

Duronic - I think they only have one type on Amazonuk at least. Quick to clean is why gf chose it. If you want to ask what carrot salad can do for you, then this would take it to the max, without overloading with carotene.

OP
A

AdoTintor

upload_2020-9-26_19-51-12.png

rebuke

Yes I was imagining something like that. I question its palatability. Does this method do more for transit time? Seems opposite to what Ray suggests, long thin and unchewed strands of carrot.

OP
A

AdoTintor

Yes I was imagining something like that. I question its palatability. Does this method do more for transit time? Seems opposite to what Ray suggests, long thin and unchewed strands of carrot.

I was thinking that if the antibacterial effect is related to the surface area then this fluff will be worth a 1000 normal carrot salads, at least in terms of antibacterial effect on the stomach.

Greatwalker

I was thinking that if the antibacterial effect is related to the surface area then this fluff will be worth a 1000 normal carrot salads, at least in terms of antibacterial effect on the stomach.
Do you have a update for us?

dukesbobby777

It just looks like orange crumbs. How is it bigger in surface area?

OP
A

AdoTintor

yes I am still alive and well and using this method. Actually I got a little scared when someone messaged me to say that finely shredding the carrot may i) partially breakdown the fibre and make it lose some of its antibacterial properties, ii) release more carotene. This did make me pause. However, my skin has not turned orange even when I was eating a tonne of it. Perhaps most of the carotene goes into the juice which I chuck out before my partner drinks it. I leave it out each day and return it to the fridge only at night, and it does not go off, so I think it is still antibacterial.

The machine is like a spinning cheese grater - the holes in the grate are really very very small so its fluff, but it clumps and can look like crumbs. I don't have any overt gut issues and I merely added it to my ray peat protocol and it's stuck; not too much of a chore. It would be great if someone with gut issues that are not fixed by the normal salad try this and see if it has some additional effect.

Hgreen56

release more carotene. This did make me pause. .
Do exactly what you do now but after that, soak it in water overnight.
Next day the water is little orange. That is carotene.
But why al this work if you can buy a can of bamboo shoots or mushrooms...

OP
A

AdoTintor

thanks for that tip - I shall try this overnight and see how much comes out V normal shavings

I tried to blend mushrooms in the same way but the sludge that emerged was deeply disappointing.

OP
A

AdoTintor

Not sure I "notice" eating carrot salads of either form, it's more a maintenance thing for me. The thing I do notice is Camphosal. Ten drops gives me complete mental clarity after 30-40mins which can last for days. After a while the bacteria grows back or perhaps alcohol messes things up or some thing else. Currently trying to figure that out, and also testing whether eating carrot salad can help prolong the clarity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals