Extreme adrenal fatigue / following oral steroid

tommyg130

Attached is some recent bloodwork.. the reference range is on the far right. Following an oral only anabolic cycle I crashed my Test and screwed up my nervous system big time. While my Test and energy was depleted I continued to push through taking excess caffeine and lifting weights very hard until I hit a wall and did extreme damage. I am now on test replacement and my testosterone and estrogen are in a good ratio but as you can see my ACTH is high, my progesterone is in the gutter etc.. for about a year now everyday has been hard mentally and my body aches in pain from nothing. I am 23. Physically in good shape. I already happen to eat peatish style but Since finding peat I have added more white sugar and feel a little better. I had no idea what was wrong with me until I found peat and checked all the other steroid markers he talks about. Can anyone suggest or have any ideas what my next move forward should be ? Walking up the stairs is hard, I have been very antisocial , my stress response is awful, my skin looks worse. I’m struggling big time and could use a push in the right direction. Thank you for any thoughts

Attachments

• 53A3B004-63D1-4386-B260-CBB37606A383.png
    53A3B004-63D1-4386-B260-CBB37606A383.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 59

Rasaari

Hey buddy
What were the steroids? How much and long? Whats your temps/heartrate? Was this bloodtest before injection?

Few things come to mind. First is liver damage, as oral steroids are quite toxic to the liver, second is lactic acidosis.
Damaging the liver would cause issues with blood sugar control, estrogen detox, endotoxin detox, thyroid conversion, digestive juices etc...
High prolactin suggests high serotonin and estrogen activity.

For lactate easy things to do are high dose B1 and some Methylene Blue (~15mg?)
For liver keeping FFA and Pufa low, K2 mk4, caffeine, keeping intestines clean are some easy things to do.

The antisocialness is a classic reaction to endotoxin, maybe your liver has problems detoxing it or you have an overgrowth of bacteria.

OP
T

tommyg130

Hey thank you for the insights.. it was a sarm LGD.. although could have been faked an been a steroidal oral..

10mg daily for 10 weeks. My liver enzymes are slightly elevated by 10 points but not crazy.

Cholesterol is high too. Almost 300 total. acth is high is very high and progesterone is non existent which must be the main culprit. How to lower acth?

just started progest E to see if will help. Also have been supplementing NAD, aspirin. My DHEA was 150 (very low) I took 100mg a day for 3 months and it went up to 950 lol. Upon stopping 1 month later it went right back down to 150 which is insane to me.

I will try methylene blue and b1

FitnessMike

Attached is some recent bloodwork.. the reference range is on the far right. Following an oral only anabolic cycle I crashed my Test and screwed up my nervous system big time. While my Test and energy was depleted I continued to push through taking excess caffeine and lifting weights very hard until I hit a wall and did extreme damage. I am now on test replacement and my testosterone and estrogen are in a good ratio but as you can see my ACTH is high, my progesterone is in the gutter etc.. for about a year now everyday has been hard mentally and my body aches in pain from nothing. I am 23. Physically in good shape. I already happen to eat peatish style but Since finding peat I have added more white sugar and feel a little better. I had no idea what was wrong with me until I found peat and checked all the other steroid markers he talks about. Can anyone suggest or have any ideas what my next move forward should be ? Walking up the stairs is hard, I have been very antisocial , my stress response is awful, my skin looks worse. I’m struggling big time and could use a push in the right direction. Thank you for any thoughts

1632940656303.png

Attachments

• 1632940630713.png
    1632940630713.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 17
OP
T

tommyg130

Good read w great info. Thank you. I’m literally already doing exactly what all that says to a tea except supplementing w t3 itself. I guess it’s time . Is t3 alone ok?

Rasaari

I think T3 alone is the best way to start if one is hypo. 5-10mcg with a meal per day for a week and then go up by similar small steps. The reason for this is because you already have high adrenaline you dont want to increase thyroid too quickly or you will get "hyper" symptoms. Also you probably have some T4 and T3 already produced so you want to supplement on top of it, it takes time for the natural production to lower. Also if you have too much T3 in blood not only will T4 start to convert in to rT3 but the liver will also start removing excess T3 rapidly rendering the supplement useless. Thats what happened to me, I was too excited and went too high dose too quickly:D Once the thyroid starts having an effect it might actually make you very tired, because it allows the stress hormones to lower. I was nodding on the couch for a few days when I started supplementing:D

I think dhea-s is supposed to be low on the blood test. Supplementing a lot of dhea actually makes it go towards estrogen. Progesterone is good.

Last edited:
OP
T

tommyg130

Ok thanks for the link and knowledge .. it’s weird bc on my blood test my t3 and t4 are like right in middle of range but I have all the symptoms and cortisol even is in the middle.. progest, dhea, pregnenolone all very low and acth high .. hopefully t3 can help

FitnessMike

I think T3 alone is the best way to start if one is hypo. 5-10mcg with a meal per day for a week and then go up by similar small steps. The reason for this is because you already have high adrenaline you dont want to increase thyroid too quickly or you will get "hyper" symptoms. Also you probably have some T4 and T3 already produced so you want to supplement on top of it, it takes time for the natural production to lower. Also if you have too much T3 in blood not only will T4 start to convert in to rT3 but the liver will also start removing excess T3 rapidly rendering the supplement useless. Thats what happened to me, I was too excited and went too high dose too quickly:D Once the thyroid starts having an effect it might actually make you very tired, because it allows the stress hormones to lower. I was nodding on the couch for a few days when I started supplementing:D

I think dhea-s is supposed to be low on the blood test. Supplementing a lot of dhea actually makes it go towards estrogen. Progesterone is good.
i have high rt3 and any amount of thyroid is accumulating in the serum, thats interesting point that if you go to quick with t3 you will make more rt3 out of the t4 that you have got.

Rasaari

Reference ranges are based on a sick hypothyroid population, besides fT3 and fT4 are pretty useless. Total T3, T4, Tsh, rT3 can have some use, but measuring temps and heartrate after waking, after breakfast and maybe before sleep are the most important measure of metabolism, but they can be elevated by stress so sudden lowering of them might be from lowering of stress than thyroid. So keeping track longer is important

"The actual quantity of T3, the active thyroid hormone, in the blood can be measured with reasonable accuracy (using radioimmunoassay, RIA), and this single test corresponds better to the metabolic rate and other meaningful biological responses than other standard tests do. But still, this is only a statistical correspondence, and it doesn't indicate that any particular number is right for a particular individual."

"The idea that the "free hormone" is the active form has been tested in a few situations, and in the case of the thyroid hormone, it is clearly not true for the brain, and some other organs. The protein-bound hormone is, in these cases, the active form; the associations between the "free hormone" and the biological processes and diseases will be completely false, if they are ignoring the active forms of the hormone in favor of the less active forms."

quotes from: Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
T4 and T3 are too low. T3 should be around 4. Did you measure SHBG as well?
Adaptogens will help to calm the adrenals and allow preg, prog and DHEA to rise again. If you want to try prohormones, then cortinon from Idealabs is a good try. It will provide both prog and DHEA and will help to stay calm.
Aspirin is also one of my favorite supplements to stop any stress response.
I'd try 300-600mg B1 for the fatigue.
It will take time to recover but by eating right, sleeping enough and training adequately will get you there.
As your metabolism increases, your dopamine should also increase and prolactin should drop.

Do you have any digestive problems?
Did you look at vit D?

OP
T

tommyg130

T4 and T3 are too low. T3 should be around 4. Did you measure SHBG as well?
Adaptogens will help to calm the adrenals and allow preg, prog and DHEA to rise again. If you want to try prohormones, then cortinon from Idealabs is a good try. It will provide both prog and DHEA and will help to stay calm.
Aspirin is also one of my favorite supplements to stop any stress response.
I'd try 300-600mg B1 for the fatigue.
It will take time to recover but by eating right, sleeping enough and training adequately will get you there.
As your metabolism increases, your dopamine should also increase and prolactin should drop.

Do you have any digestive problems?
Did you look at vit D?
Thank you Hans. Since taking aspirin a week ago I have felt better. SHBG is 35 . Range (16-55) . Hm maybe I will try cortinon but I already have progest E on the way. Digestive issues yes. Bloated always .. even water.. I’m 6,3 210lbs lean everywhere , very vascular expect my stomach. I have a 6 pack but it’s like a muscle gut lol. Like a mini turtle that doesn’t match the rest of my
Lanky frame. I wake up flat but the second I drink or eat my stomach bubbles out. Eating in a parasympathetic state has helped a little

OP
T

tommyg130

Thank you Hans. Since taking aspirin a week ago I have felt better. SHBG is 35 . Range (16-55) . Hm maybe I will try cortinon but I already have progest E on the way. Digestive issues yes. Bloated always .. even water.. I’m 6,3 210lbs lean everywhere , very vascular expect my stomach. I have a 6 pack but it’s like a muscle gut lol. Like a mini turtle that doesn’t match the rest of my
Lanky frame. I wake up flat but the second I drink or eat my stomach bubbles out. Eating in a parasympathetic state has helped a little
Also very frequent urination even when not drinking a lot. Horrible dry mouth.. dry lips rough skin, discolored skin on face