Extra Thiamine (B1) Needed In High Carb Diets

natedawggh

This study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25542071 looks at the relationship between thiamine (B1) and carbohydrate metabolism, specifically in that a deficiency of thiamine causes degenerative diseases, if not enough is available for the metabolism of carbohydrates. "...Pseudo hypoxia in the limbic system and brainstem, emotional and stress reflexes of the autonomic nervous system are stimulated and exaggerated, producing symptoms often diagnosed as psychosomatic disease."

This is one of the other reasons why alcohol consumption is so destructive to the human body, because it robs the body of the all important Thiamine. During alcohol consumption thiamine is destroyed and iron is easily absorbed into the body. If you have had a history of drinking or you do drink, you need to increase your levels of thiamine. I myself have found it to be extremely beneficial, especially in conjunction with magnesium bicarbonate. (but only after I quit drinking for good).

Specifically I found thiamine to reduce the burning/tingling sensation in my feet that I suspected to be from my pre-diabetes/diabetes condition (which went away a couple months ago).

Also... this study shows that Thiamine can't be restored if you are deficient in magnesium, something I intuitively suspected because of the effect of taking them together: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4050546 I make my own magnesium bicarbonate, which is absolutely the best I've ever taken (I created a post on that in this forum, do a search if you want to know how to make it).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]natedawggh[/ref], what doses are you seeing works best for you on the B1?

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Charlie said:
post 98866 [ref]natedawggh[/ref], what doses are you seeing works best for you on the B1?

Ehhh... I fluctuate between a lot and just a little. I haven't really figured out an optimal dose, and really high doses seem to illicit unpleasant smells (which smells I suspect to be the actual binding of iron, however???). But I do notice about 300mg improves my clarity quite markedly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stryker

Allithiamine (TTFD) for tingly feet and restless legs i can attest to that.

kineticz

It isn't just alcohol, it's ethanol and acetaldehyde. Alkaline lower gut feast on carbs and sugar, depleting B1. Sugar converts to alcohol when gut ATP is low.

johnwester130

b1 is an amazing supplement

it totally solved my mid day fatigue and naps, so it must be acting on cortisol too

Evandrojr

It isn't just alcohol, it's ethanol and acetaldehyde. Alkaline lower gut feast on carbs and sugar, depleting B1. Sugar converts to alcohol when gut ATP is low.
@kineticz, I feel like I should understand your comment because I’ve been looking into acid/alkaline colon...but it was a little over my head. Would you mind please explaining what you meant by alkaline lower gut? Thanks!

D

Deleted member 5487

b1 is an amazing supplement

it totally solved my mid day fatigue and naps, so it must be acting on cortisol too

What doses?

I had my fruit smoothie for lunch and my toes were ICE. Realized I had to many drinks last night and may have depleted b1, took some and sure enough my toes warmed up.

It lowers cortisol and actually oxidizes the carbs you eat

johnwester130

What doses?

I had my fruit smoothie for lunch and my toes were ICE. Realized I had to many drinks last night and may have depleted b1, took some and sure enough my toes warmed up.

It lowers cortisol and actually oxidizes the carbs you eat

about 30-50mg in a capsule , homemade

Lewistx

I got burning feet they're cold too how much b1 should I start supplementing

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals