Extensive Blue-Light Blocking Guide

JamesGatz

I thought it would be useful to have an extensive Blue Light Blocking guide - I will include my set-up below and hopefully more users can chime in maybe with stuff Peat has said about blue light too and maybe what their set-up is too I'm interested in hearing

First up is f.lux - free software to download on your machine - not sure if it's available on phones too but on the iphone the equivalent is night shift i think - someone correct me if im worng

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 5.31.49 PM.png

the second thing i would say is incandescent lighting - (near infrared) lighting to help balance out Blue-light - I like this one a lot

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 1.01.44 PM.png

Last but not least which I think is GREAT and NO ONE RECOMMENDS is this:

radioclear.jpeg

It's RadioClear - It's like a clear film I tape on top of my laptop screen that seems to block or SEVERLY reduces the blue light from hitting my face directly - on some monitors it becomes a little bit harder to see because I'm asumming the radiation is reflecting off the film back to the screen numerous times but i think you can solve the issue by having it maybe a couple centimeters or an inch away from the screen - MASSIVE difference in blue light exposure I experience - it's a little bit expensive though at $40 but if youre on a computer all day for work or something it's awsome stuff I highly recommend

Personally i'm not a huge fan of blue light blocking glasses because the damage from blue light seems to have neurodegenerative effects so I like using methods that block all of it or severly reduces all of it from hitting you​

tankasnowgod

In addition to f.lux, I have changed all the backgrounds on any computer or phone I use to pure red. Eliminates a huge amount of blue light from being emitted in the first place.

In the evenings, I notice all my devices will cast a reddish glow on my face, unlike those pictures you see where people have the white/blue glow.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

In addition to f.lux, I have changed all the backgrounds on any computer or phone I use to pure red. Eliminates a huge amount of blue light from being emitted in the first place.

In the evenings, I notice all my devices will cast a reddish glow on my face, unlike those pictures you see where people have the white/blue glow.
well this is very interesting .., never thought about that - I notice that when i see a photo on the computer that has blue colors it makes me feel worse than when the colors are yellow/orange/red - people say these colors are "psychology" but it's probably the color of the radiation being emitted

OccamzRazer

Good stuff man!

I use f.lux and wear legitimate blue-blocking glasses, tho... layers of protection IMO.

Wearing these glasses has the added plus of feeling super relaxing.

peter88

Good stuff man!

I use f.lux and wear legitimate blue-blocking glasses, tho... layers of protection IMO.

Wearing these glasses has the added plus of feeling super relaxing.
Any particular brand of glasses work best?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wear orange lenses in the evening until bed and 40% blue blockers (true dark day walkers) during the day at work. I think the screen lenses from Ra Optics look like they would block more blue at work but the price tag is pretty steep for me. I might ask for them for my birthday though!

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I thought I would share with people my method - it's important to keep in mind that even besides the blue light exposure it is still the nature of the light being shined on your face - all these computers use LCD displays - I use this method and it works wonders

emfmethod.jpg

What I do is basically I get those sheets that block EMF that people place on their windows - I cur up a small piece and I point my computer away from my face so that I tape the sheet to the side of the computer to reflect the direct contact

I'm not sure why but when I tape the sheet on top of my computer monitor - my computer broke for a day - I think if you put it on top of the monitor - it blocks the emf back to the screen and back to the sheet and continues richocheting and maybe it breaks the monitor - with this method no problems with my computer and it feels awesome - the sheet is cheap too only like $25 i paid​

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals