Exposure To Low-Level Magnetic Fields Causes DNA Damage In R

J

j.

OP
J

j.

Re: Exposure To Low-Level Magnetic Fields Causes DNA Damage

Apparently I'll start cutting my own hair with scissors.

kiran

Peat has mentioned that prolonged exposure isn't so good. He suggests using cordless, which doesn't emit 60hz because it isn't directly connected to the main power supply.

Use a rechargeable or battery powered razor.

OP
J

j.

kiran said:
Peat has mentioned that prolonged exposure isn't so good. He suggests using cordless, which doesn't emit 60hz because it isn't directly connected to the main power supply.

So does it work according to a different principle? It uses a completely different mechanism?

kiran

Cordless devices work by using the mains to charge a battery (usually 5 or 12v). The device is then unplugged and the battery then does the work. So it doesn't have 60hz current or mains voltage running through it when you use it to trim hair or whatever.

If it's battery powered, it's never exposed to the 60hz/120v mains in the first place!

I guess the reasoning is that the voltages are smaller, and therefore the fields are smaller too, and it won't have that 60hz component which might be troublesome?

jyb

What to think about laptops for example?

Is one protected from those appliances by being Earthed? I have an Earthing mat under my desk, it's quite easy to use.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Ray Peat says you need a physical shield. He said a way to visualize it is, to look at the object like it is putting out light. You need a physical shield to block the "light". Light=EMF in this visualization.

Lucy

I use my laptop unplugged, running on battery.

Charlie, how do you block EMF, did Peat say anything about that? I know there are lots of websites out there selling various EMF "shields" - is there any validity to that?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Ray Peat says there needs to be some kind of physical barrier. I have not looked into it further though.