Exposure Of Iron Knife With Food

Astolfo

I'm specifically talking about acidic fruits, like apples. How much iron do we get from metal kitchen accesories?

peep

Live your life and stop wasting your thoughts on such small things. They are not worth it. It just gets worse, the next thing you do is checking the knive for bacteria and desinfecting your feet after each step.

OP
A

Astolfo

Live your life and stop wasting your thoughts on such small things. They are not worth it. It just gets worse, the next thing you do is checking the knive for bacteria and desinfecting your feet after each step.
No, i have iron overload. I need to chelate my iron and copper as well asap.

JKX

Or just use your mouth to eat the fruit???...

Agree with @Fisherman94, by all means take steps to lower iron if you are overloaded, but really that's just a sign of low progesterone and low thyroid.

Fix the underlying causes and don't sweat the small stuff.

peep

No, i have iron overload. I need to chelate my iron and copper as well asap.

Even if - you're not soaking your knives in fruit. Its like a split second. How should there be enough metal reacting with the acids yielding you iron that could harm you? Im sure there are sources that should be more important to you

OP
A

Astolfo

by all means take steps to lower iron if you are overloaded, but really that's just a sign of low progesterone and low thyroid.

Fix the underlying causes and don't sweat the small stuff.

Yeah but what slowing down my metabolism is probably the unbound minerals. I have low ceruloplasmin, low potassium, high calcium and probably high free copper/iron. I cannot up my metabolism without getting rid of these extra metals.

Summer

Keep in mind if you live in an industrially-developed nation, there are likely chemicals and metals in the air, in the tap water, etc.

rei

where do you even find iron utensils? Stainless steel won't leech measurable amounts unless you soak it in acidic stuff for a long time. And even then it is minimal.

JKX

Yeah but what slowing down my metabolism is probably the unbound minerals. I have low ceruloplasmin, low potassium, high calcium and probably high free copper/iron. I cannot up my metabolism without getting rid of these extra metals.
So why not supplement a little thyroid / aspirin / pregnenolone or progesterone to give yourself a helping hand, even if it's short term?

tankasnowgod

I'm specifically talking about acidic fruits, like apples. How much iron do we get from metal kitchen accesories?

I highly doubt you have an "Iron Knife." Did you cure your knives with some sort of fat (like olive oil) before using? Do they rust after leaving just a bit of water on them within a day?

If you did happen to buy a specialty "Pure Iron Knife" from somewhere, just avoid using it and use regular utensils until you are de-ironed. Very simple.

tara

I've tasted iron from iron utensils. But as others have said, only after it was sitting in acidic stuff - stewed tomato.
If you were wanting to be extra careful, you could make sure to use a stainless steel knife for anything acidic, but even then, a quick cut with a clean knife is unlikely to have time to transfer much to the food. I can't imagine it would make any difference for bread and potatoes.

OP
A

Astolfo

I think the knife im using is stainless steel. Thanks to everybody.

Are you supplementing B1 and B2?
I did for a while, both B1 and B2 but I didn't expect to get permanent improvement. So I'm not sure if anything changed after supplementation. I started again to take 100 mg b1 daily, i guess it will fasten use up of iron.

Recoen

I think the knife im using is stainless steel. Thanks to everybody.

I did for a while, both B1 and B2 but I didn't expect to get permanent improvement. So I'm not sure if anything changed after supplementation. I started again to take 100 mg b1 daily, i guess it will fasten use up of iron.
B1 has been shown to get Fe (and Cu) back in circulation and B2 is a Fe chelator.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals