(explicit TMI) Popcorn Made Me Bleed Down There

It seems the mystery is solved.

I was bleeding anally a lot and didn't know why.

Seems it was a new daily habit of a bit of popcorn.

I'm surprised actually by how fast I recovered from it. It never hurt either. Just blood in the toilet. A lot really.

I thought it was my "Steve Richfield" reset but it wasn't. It was popcorn. And not a huge amount either.

I think popcorn is very hard to digest and must really, really disagree with me. I can eat a few corn tortillas with no trouble.

Just a warning...

raypeatclips

I found some delicious popcorn a month or two ago, with no negative ingredients, so enjoyed 2 servings in 2 nights. I had extremely bad bowel issues for the following few days, extreme nausea, loose stools etc. I documented this is my log when it happened. Unfortunately popcorn seems no good for me either.

schultz

Glad to hear your anal bleeding has been resolved!

I like the taste popcorn as well (or the butter that's on it), but I don't trust it. I have had a bit of digestive issues with it in the past as well.

OP
ecstatichamster
regret that it's not just me...

Wow, I never had anything like this...I should have realized it days ago but when you try several things, you don't always remember cause-and-effect or attribute correctly...

raypeatclips

I should have realized it days ago but when you try several things, you don't always remember cause-and-effect or attribute correctly...

Especially when you remember eating the giant cinema tubs of popcorn as a kid as being fine. "Surely the popcorn isn't making me feel like this." I felt horrendous following eating those 2 bowls of popcorn.

DrJ

Yeah, any corn products I eat make me feel really bad and depressed, and aren't any better when they run through you. I avoid at all costs now.

DaveFoster

could be a novel method of iron control
The real reason centenarians live so long: they have IBS and lose iron so rapidly from all that corn.

boris

Noticed the same thing before peating. Ate a giant tub of popcorn. I didn't chew them thoroughly. Had regular stool. Noticed in the water red cloudy stuff was emitting from the stool. At first I thought it must be some weird coloring in the sugar they put on the popcorn. Next time I went to the cinema I didn't eat popcorn, but had to go to the bathroom and someone hadn't flushed the toilet. I saw the same thing, a regular poop sausage and little clouds of blood emitting from it in the water.

It was only visible in those toilets were the stool drops right into water and is fully submerged. Stayed far away from popcorn since then.
Peat said popcorn is ok as a snack if it's fried in coconut oil, I suppose you have to chew it really really well and avoid the shells.

Meathead

I just pooped and noticed a little red around the poop but not in it. Looks like it’s in the water around it but not all the water is red. Weird. I’ve been eating a lot of beef liver crisps lately maybe it’s that?

Hmmm, I do also eat these non gmo corn chips only ingredients include sea salt and coconut oil and of course the corn. It’s similar to your story with the popcorn being corn. Maybe it’s that??

revenant

I was looking for ways to increase my salt intake and thought popcorn would be great. Three days of eating popcorn and the bleeding happened to me too...