Explain Phosphorus Physiology: Why Does Ca : P Ratio Matter?

Velve921

I understand that having a 1:1 ca : p ratio is important...can anyone explain how too much phosphorus causes inflammation?

Last edited by a moderator:

pboy

it triggers parathyroid hormone which is a mild to major stress hormone, but im not sure all the exact mechanisms...its an acidic mineral that lowers blood PH and probably binds and interferes with other workings in the body. The calcium crystals you hear about causing gout and stones and obstructions and all that are usually from prolonged parathyroid hormone, the body apparently loses complete control of calcium and phosphorus placement. Im not sure all the detailed mechanisms. I feel significantly different when I maintain near 1:1, if not I get cravings for cheese...but not like cottage cheese, and that can only mean its calcium thing. The thing is ive been on a calcium positive diet for over a year now, every day, so...amongst other things, never have cravings...but for the same things I always consume. So if something comes up like a major craving its a huge indication to me. Last time I ate a rice and beans starch thing I immediately craved cheese like a lot, and I never crave cheese or eat it...so that was telling

OP
Velve921

Velve921

See that is my problem...it makes sense with the general philosophy I guess. But I have still not found any real understanding or literature of the physiology of CA vs. PH. Peat says too much phosphorus can be inflammatory but I cannot visualize the mechanism. Thank you for your input!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals