Experiment: going full Peat

S-VV

As many of you have probably read, I can be very critical of Peat sometimes, but after watching his back of the tiger full interviews I have been deeply (re)impressed by his wealth and breadth of knowledge, and want to try to go "full peat" in order to see if it improves my health problems, mainly (very) painful whole body neuropathy. In order to do so I will adopt a diet, medication and supplement regime in accordance with direct peat quotes and drop anything else Im taking. The tentative list will be:

-Diet: 90% starch free, milk, fruit and fruit juices, some lean protein, some ruminant protein gelatine, liver in the form of pate (with some starch - unpalatable otherwise), oysters (if I can find them) and ice cream

Drugs and supplements:
Amantadine 100mg
Lidocaine 25mg
Ciproheptadine 1mg
Aspirin 500mg
Pregnenolone 100 - 300 mg
Progesterone TBD
Thyroid TBD (slowly titrate up)
Meldonium 1000mg
Vits. D,E, K (in Ray quoted dosages and forms)
Vits B1, B2, B3, B6 (in Ray quoted dosages and forms)
Acetazolamide ? (Maybe, depends on how it affects my kidney function)
CO2 tank
Red light and bright light during waking hours

At least 9 hours of sleep
Engage in intellectually fulfilling work
Walks in nature instead of (or maybe in addition to) weightlifting

I will have to purchase a lot of these compounds, and will be adding them sequentially.The underlined items I already have and will start taking. Now, for those wondering if its a f**k-ton of things Im gonna take, its true. But I believe the great resistance of my condition to improve with anything I have thrown at it justifies the approach. Plus, Ive tried going supplement and drug free- never did anything.

Any suggestions appreciated.

As many of you have probably read, I can be very critical of Peat sometimes, but after watching his back of the tiger full interviews I have been deeply (re)impressed by his wealth and breadth of knowledge, and want to try to go "full peat" in order to see if it improves my health problems, mainly (very) painful whole body neuropathy. In order to do so I will adopt a diet, medication and supplement regime in accordance with direct peat quotes and drop anything else Im taking. The tentative list will be:

-Diet: 90% starch free, milk, fruit and fruit juices, some lean protein, some ruminant protein gelatine, liver in the form of pate (with some starch - unpalatable otherwise), oysters (if I can find them) and ice cream

Drugs and supplements:
Amantadine 100mg
Lidocaine 25mg
Ciproheptadine 1mg
Aspirin 500mg
Progesterone TBD
Meldonium 1000mg
CO2 tank

I will have to purchase a lot of these compounds, and will be adding them sequentially.The underlined items I already have and will start taking. Now, for those wondering if its a f**k-ton of things Im gonna take, its true. But I believe the great resistance of my condition to improve with anything I have thrown at it justifies the approach. Plus, Ive tried going supplement and drug free- never did anything.

I don't want to derail your thread S-VV, but what is the reason for your neuropathy? My sister had it badly in her toes from alcohol abuse, being overweight and borderline diabetic.

jet9

Drugs and supplements:
Amantadine 100mg
Lidocaine 25mg
Ciproheptadine 1mg
Aspirin 500mg
Progesterone TBD
Meldonium 1000mg
CO2 tank

Why do you need drugs / supplements?

Cloudhands

I think cholesterol, vitamin A and thyroid are some of the main tenets of peats message. Balancing thyroid with Vitamin A and having adequate levels of cholesterol will help a ton. Id also say he puts an emphasis on sodium, 30 grams a day to quote him, and a safe fiber (carrots, mushrooms, bamboo shoots). Niacinamide, b6 and b1 are also safe supplements he speaks about often. He says that vitamin B2 and vitamin A are very allergenic internally, and i seem to agree with this and use vitamin A topically. He suggests using a couple hundred IU of vitamin E per day to protect from vitamin A acting like pufa, and to use vitamin A liberally until callus on the palms turn orange, as a sign that the cells are saturated. For thyroid, id refer to danny roddys article "demystifying thyroid supplementation". Personally 2 drops of tyromix (one aft ed r breakfast and one after dinner) do great during the summer, and i anticipate having to increase during the winter. Vitamin D should be supplemented when sunlight is low, and blood levels should be around 50. All oily vitamins are reccomended by him to be topically supplemented.

S-VV

I don't want to derail your thread S-VV, but what is the reason for your neuropathy? My sister had it badly in her toes from alcohol abuse, being overweight and borderline diabetic.
I don’t know. My health started a serious decline after using antibiotics for SIBO. I don't drink and my fasting blood glucose is stable in the 80s and 90s. The neuropathy is very atypical. It comes and goes in the extremities and advances medially following the lymphatic vessels until my axillary and cervical chain lymph nodes hurt like hell.

S-VV

I think cholesterol, vitamin A and thyroid are some of the main tenets of peats message. Balancing thyroid with Vitamin A and having adequate levels of cholesterol will help a ton. Id also say he puts an emphasis on sodium, 30 grams a day to quote him, and a safe fiber (carrots, mushrooms, bamboo shoots). Niacinamide, b6 and b1 are also safe supplements he speaks about often. He says that vitamin B2 and vitamin A are very allergenic internally, and i seem to agree with this and use vitamin A topically. He suggests using a couple hundred IU of vitamin E per day to protect from vitamin A acting like pufa, and to use vitamin A liberally until callus on the palms turn orange, as a sign that the cells are saturated. For thyroid, id refer to danny roddys article "demystifying thyroid supplementation". Personally 2 drops of tyromix (one aft ed r breakfast and one after dinner) do great during the summer, and i anticipate having to increase during the winter. Vitamin D should be supplemented when sunlight is low, and blood levels should be around 50. All oily vitamins are reccomended by him to be topically supplemented.
Thanks. I included B2 because the therapeutic dosages of B1 and B3 are in the 100s of mgs, and I dont want to risk an imbalance. With regards to cutaneous application, whats the bioavailability like?

Cloudhands

Thanks. I included B2 because the therapeutic dosages of B1 and B3 are in the 100s of mgs, and I dont want to risk an imbalance. With regards to cutaneous application, whats the bioavailability like?
I emailed him and he said its different for everyone, but topical applications are about 10% of oral supplementation

I don’t know. My health started a serious decline after using antibiotics for SIBO. I don't drink and my fasting blood glucose is stable in the 80s and 90s. The neuropathy is very atypical. It comes and goes in the extremities and advances medially following the lymphatic vessels until my axillary and cervical chain lymph nodes hurt like hell.
I thought you might also consider heavy metals, they can cause as lot of numbness. If that is the case you will know because vitamin C will circulate them and it will be worse at night. I experience that when I have vitamin C foods and things like liver or tuna in the same day. My sisters neuropathy was worse in the morning.

Nomane Euger

I thought you might also consider heavy metals, they can cause as lot of numbness. If that is the case you will know because vitamin C will circulate them and it will be worse at night. I experience that when I have vitamin C foods and things like liver or tuna in the same day. My sisters neuropathy was worse in the morning.
why would it be worst at night?

why would it be worst at night?
I have heavy metal problems wihuch gives me numbness and it only comes at night, I don't know why. Sometimes if I eat a lot seafood, especially tuna and have a lot of vitamin C foods in the same day, I can feel the tingling during the day, usually in my, right hand. It feels worse than when an armor a leg falls asleep, and it will leave my achy and sore in that hand for days.

S-VV

I did a heavy metal screen a few years ago and came out clean. Ive also taken high dose ALA and never noticed any redistribution symptoms. So i think thankfully im clear of that

S-VV

I emailed him and he said its different for everyone, but topical applications are about 10% of oral supplementation
That would equate to a lot of drops for some vitamins! My D is 1000IU/ drop. A target of 10.000 IU/day would necessitate 100 drops

TheBeard

Drugs and supplements:
Amantadine 100mg
Lidocaine 25mg
Ciproheptadine 1mg
Aspirin 500mg
Progesterone TBD
Meldonium 1000mg
CO2 tank

Sounds like having to remember to take all of these supplements would counter the life enjoyment benefits of such diet.

TheBeard

Instead of all these supplements, have you tried one month of purely raw milk all day and nothing else?
See how that resets you.

Murtaza

My health started a serious decline after using antibiotics
what antibiotics in particular did you use?

im game when it comes to taking a ton of supps, usually always experimenting with something but if you start taking them all it once you'll never know whats helping and whats not. Also very interested in hearing your experiences with meldonium.

rei

What's your plan with lidocaine? It's a very rarely used compound so i would love to hear your experience with it.

S-VV

What's your plan with lidocaine? It's a very rarely used compound so i would love to hear your experience with it.
A compound against cellular over-excitation, allowing the cell to return to a resting, energised state