Experiences With Tianeptine?

TheHound

You can get Tianeptine in two forms Sodium and Sulphate. The sodium lasts about 3 hours but the sulphate can last 6+ hours, and is generally more user friendly. I don't think Tianeptine will be around too much longer. It is so effective and has minimal/zero side effects and from my experience not addictive and has tame withdrawals. Powder city has just stopped supplying it and another vendor told me that his contact was being 'lent on' to stop producing it. I hope not. Mainly this is due to idiots taking grams and grams of the stuff per day to get high and suffering because of this and then you hear the horror stories on the forums. In my opinion Tianeptine is way safer than Phenibut. I have had no bad experience from using Tianeptine, except maybe a couple nights of restless sleep when stopping but nothing distressing. I think stopping caffeine is worst.

I have used it over the past couple years with extended breaks. I am sure it has a lasting effect on brain function. At the moment I am noticing a similar effect from Thyromax and Pansterone, which Haidut says that DHEA has a antagonistic effect on serotonin.

I started taking tianeptine sulfate yesterday. I took 35mg the first time and 40mg today. is it something that "builds" up? I did not notice much, maybe just the inability to be sad, however it was very subtle

Pet Peeve

I don't like it. For me it was addictive and made me depressed after a while, zombified even. I took it daily for about a few months, it was too hard to stop so I flushed the rest in the toilet to avoid the temptation. The withdrawal was slightly less unpleasant than caffeine withdrawal. I suspect it killed my libido as well and that it's very hard on the body.

Greg says

I started taking tianeptine sulfate yesterday. I took 35mg the first time and 40mg today. is it something that "builds" up? I did not notice much, maybe just the inability to be sad, however it was very subtle

yeah the effect with the sulphate is more subtle... it made me feel very different than the sodium. I'm not sure I even liked it. But the sodium has been great, and I think at that dose you would feel unlifted within minutes. On a reddit forum someone mentioned you would need double the dose of the sulphate to match the effect of sodium. I think the thread is taineptine sulphate v sodium.

TheHound

yeah the effect with the sulphate is more subtle... it made me feel very different than the sodium. I'm not sure I even liked it. But the sodium has been great, and I think at that dose you would feel unlifted within minutes. On a reddit forum someone mentioned you would need double the dose of the sulphate to match the effect of sodium. I think the thread is taineptine sulphate v sodium.

what feelings did you feel with the sulfate?

Greg says

what feelings did you feel with the sulfate?

hard to pinpoint because when I used it I was only comparing the effect to the sodium. I have used sodium for the past couple years and was expecting the same or better effect but after taking some felt nothing so doubled the dose. maybe 70mg, just the tip of a knifes worth, I felt uplifted but had a noticeable irritable comedown that I don't get with Sodium. I eventually ended up finishing off what I bought and just taking larger doses of it and I think I started to enjoy it.

Stevie

Has anyone taken Tianeptine for panic disorder? I'd been taking ssri's (peroxetine) for 15 years, then came off them a year ago. Now my panicky episodes have returned.

Stevie

I have begun taking Tianeptine, it took a while to find somewhere that had it in stock, then would ship to the UK. The sodium powder is difficult to measure out in such minuscule doses so I searched online for ways people were doing this. My heart sank as I came across so many horror stories about Tianeptine and addiction/withdrawal. It seems I'll need to keep a certain amount of Tianeptine back just to taper down in case I cannot order more. Taking new drugs /supplements adds to my already anxious state and I'm not sure I should increase the small dose I've started with (6mg 2x day), but I desperately need a break from this continuous underlying sense of impending doom which has become my constant companion.
Has anyone here had trouble with Tianeptine withdrawal?

passivity

I have begun taking Tianeptine, it took a while to find somewhere that had it in stock, then would ship to the UK. The sodium powder is difficult to measure out in such minuscule doses so I searched online for ways people were doing this. My heart sank as I came across so many horror stories about Tianeptine and addiction/withdrawal.

Do you know what dose these people where taking?

It seems I'll need to keep a certain amount of Tianeptine back just to taper down in case I cannot order more. Taking new drugs /supplements adds to my already anxious state and I'm not sure I should increase the small dose I've started with (6mg 2x day), but I desperately need a break from this continuous underlying sense of impending doom which has become my constant companion.
Has anyone here had trouble with Tianeptine withdrawal?

I take tianeptine everyday for a month and then I just stop taking it for 1 or 2 weeks. Right now I take 20mgs 3 times a day, and I know I can stop taking it "cold turkey" without any problems.

Stevie

Thank you, that's comforting to know.
I realise that there are a number of people who take an enormous dose then suffer terribly with withdrawal, but many in Europe who are prescribed Tianeptine in the normal dosage were also experiencing difficulties.
I read also that long term use exasperates the whole withdrawal process. I spent 16 years on paroxetine and had a hell of a time coming off it.

passivity

Thank you, that's comforting to know.
I realise that there are a number of people who take an enormous dose then suffer terribly with withdrawal, but many in Europe who are prescribed Tianeptine in the normal dosage were also experiencing difficulties.
I read also that long term use exasperates the whole withdrawal process. I spent 16 years on paroxetine and had a hell of a time coming off it.

I've read lots of experiences from different sites and very few people had side effects or withdrawal symptoms (at normal doses 36 - 100mg per day), the one thing most people complain about is that after some months the drug just doesn't work anymore (as an anxiolytic) but it works for some in the long term, good luck!

passivity

Is that why you take a break after each month, so the effects don't ware off?
Yes but... I don't think it works that well for tolerance overall but I just have to try it!

Tianeptine was always something "extra" in my case, it doesn't work that well by itself for my anxiety, but tianeptine + theanine+ baclofen is superb, I also thought theanine wouldn't work for me that it was just hype but wow, I can almost take half the baclofen I need (when I take it alone) when I take it along theanine, it's great.

Greg says

I don't understand these withdrawal stories (I do relate to the Phenibut stories :nailbiting:). When I read tianeptine threads it causes me anxiety, I take them with a pinch of salt now. In my research these people are taking very large doses to get a 'high' effect. I think if you keep it roughly under 100mg a day you are safe. I stop without any disturbing issues (I remember many years ago stopping SSRIs was fierce). I think everyone will have a different tolerance for the mild opioid effect. I would think it would be very useful for panic/anxiety/ anxiety type depression. I hear the sulphate is better for general depression. I also don't get too crazy about measuring it.

Some kid just died in the US and was linked to tianeptine. It has been taken off eBay but is still available from certain sites.
Harris County couple alleges lack of warnings on antidepressant led to son's death

CyLjcJ4XgAA58N_.jpg

Stevie

I took me a while to find somewhere that had any in stock and would then ship to the uk. It took 10 days to get here and I'm kind of hoping, bizarrely, that it won't work just because of the difficulty and uncertainty in ordering it:-/

Greg says

I took me a while to find somewhere that had any in stock and would then ship to the uk. It took 10 days to get here and I'm kind of hoping, bizarrely, that it won't work just because of the difficulty and uncertainty in ordering it:-/

yeah, i understand this. If you find something that works for you it can cause extra anxiety if you are uncertain of its attainability. I ordered some from newmind in chicago and it arrived within under 48hrs. but $30 postage. I haven't ever bought any from Europe.

Stevie

Ah, I tried new mind but they only except 'bitcoin'. I got it from Nootropic Source in the end. Everywhere in Europe was astronomically expensive.
Do you mind me asking if you take it continuously or take breaks.

Greg says

Ah, I tried new mind but they only except 'bitcoin'. I got it from Nootropic Source in the end. Everywhere in Europe was astronomically expensive.
Do you mind me asking if you take it continuously or take breaks.

I got into a right mess trying to order from new mind via the bitcoin option. Set up all the relevant websites and followed the steps, it was so confusing and complicated. In the end I gave up. I tried again the next day and tried the credit card option (i don't have a credit card only a debit). It worked. But I ordered the wrong stuff (sulphate not sodium, £150 worth, then got a $33 customs tax bill). I have been using mostly Nyles7's tianeptine since 2013.

I take breaks to evaluate how I feel, and to make sure stopping it has any negative effects. Maybe a week, I recently did 2 months. I have never had a negative experience from it, or with continual use, (using it daily for months at a time).

Stevie

Yes I went through the whole 'bitcoin' palaver too. Never got a customs bill though. Nyles7 hasn't had any for a while now it seems.
Thanks Greg I'll try it for a month then have a break and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom