Experiences With Tianeptine?

AdamCapriola

How did ya'll measure the doses from the powder? (I also purchased from nyles.) The recommended dosage (12.5 mg) is so small I'm not even sure a scale would be THAT accurate unless you have a high-end model.

I tried to encapsulate as Andrew Kim detailed here: http://www.andrewkimblog.com/2013/11/fo ... ments.html

But I purchased slightly larger gelatin capsules (size 4) since they were cheaper, then realized how little tianeptine I'd be mixing with an overwhelming amount of powdered sugar, and the combination process of the two was kind of a mess. I'm not sure how uniformly I was able to mix the substances and the chart on Andrew's article didn't match up with the actual fill weights, so I think there is more like 19 mg tianeptine in each of my capsules.

After a few days, I've noticed almost no effect though. The first dose I took produced some pressure towards the front of my head, though it wasn't exactly headache. I felt a little more outgoing I guess, but none of the subsequent dosages have really done anything for me. This however might be a product of my bad encapsulation technique.

juanitacarlos

I actually bought a scale (jewellers) cheaply on ebay that measures those small amounts. I then just put the Tianeptine in a gelatin capsule.
I just received my order from new mind and it has a teeny-tiny scoop so I won't even really need to measure on the scales any more.

Ben

Who cares about exact dosage? It's not like 12.5 mg is a magic dosage. I've been using roughly 160 mg per day (usually in one dose in the morning) if I calculate how quickly the bag goes.

answersfound

yea....i take a different dose everytime....i just eyeball it...i literally take a knife, dig it into the bag and try and take about half the size of an aspirin tablet

juanitacarlos

I'm happy to actually have something work at the minimum dose for once. I measure not quite 12.5mg but just close to it by a few mgs.

The teeny-tiny scoop works. Of course it's not exact, but close enough.

AdamCapriola

Ben said:
Who cares about exact dosage? It's not like 12.5 mg is a magic dosage. I've been using roughly 160 mg per day (usually in one dose in the morning) if I calculate how quickly the bag goes.
Because if you aren't controlling dosages, I believe it's hard gauge exactly how something is effecting you. 12.5 mg is a very small amount and you could easily take significantly more or less if you're eyeballing it, scooping it, or using a cheap scale. If the dosage was for example a couple grams, then it's a lot easier to get close to that amount using inexact methods of measurement and I wouldn't worry so much.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Apologies if already discussed. But where can I get Tianeptine the cheapest but also a good quality? Appreciate any info on this. Little short on time so didn't do a search.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Found this today and thought it was interesting:

The plasma binding of the atypical tricyclic antidepressant tianeptine was studied in combination with six drugs, at therapeutic concentrations: cyamemazine, levomepromazine, flunitrazepam, oxazepam, diclofenac and salicylic acid. Of these drugs, only salicylic acid at high plasma concentrations impaired tianeptine binding and thus may potentiate its effects.

Source

juanitacarlos

ttramone said:
I just started Tianeptine about a week ago. I'm doing the minimum recommended dose (3x12.5mg) and I have had very positive results. I feel less anxious about things (not that I'm super anxious) but mostly I feel determined. I'm seeing issues in my life less as problems and more as just something I need to overcome, and take action to do that. It's actually quite subtle, but noticeable. I don't feel like it's changed me too much, just made me a bit 'better', more like how I want to be. I'm really loving it.

The reason I started taking it due to extensive SSRI use and feeling like I am a definite candidate for learned helplessness. Which would not be surprising due to my incredibly stressful child hood.

I bought 1g of nyles7 on ebay, and can recommend him (he says he can source other 'stuff' as well - as long as it is legal). I recently bought some more from newmind.com which is in the post.

Edit: just wanted to add it's a total pain getting it in powder form. 12.5mg is a very small amount of powder. Also, it is the most foulest tasting sh*t I have had the displeasure of putting into my body. Honestly, it makes thiamine powder taste like chocolate.

I just wanted to provide an update on my Tianeptine experience. I'm about 6 weeks in, so can provide a more comprehensive update. As you can see, initially I was taking the recommended dose of 12.5 mg three times per day. Even though I have scales to measure that small dose, it would have varied a few mg each dose I'm sure. As stated, I initially had some positive effects. But after about 2-3 weeks or so, I started getting really, really irritable and anti-social. I think I became anti-social because I was really struggling to control what came out of my mouth when around people - everyone got on my nerves and I had zero tolerance towards people. Not exactly fun. I also had extreme difficultly getting to sleep, although some days I would sleep in quite late. At the same time, I felt more 'confident'. The trade off in feeling more self-worth against being a b**** :evil: was not really worth it.

I considered stopping, but I ended up reducing the Tianeptine to 15mg once in the morning and I feel much better. I still have that little bit of confidence, but none of the negative side-effects. I feel a bit more clear headed, and organised in my thoughts. My emotions are very level. I will continue at this dose for the medium term unless any of the side-effects reappear.

Tianeptine is incredibly cheap. At the dose I'm on, you can buy a year's worth for around $30. I recommend it but obviously you need to experiment with the dose. Ben who posted earlier is on a monumental 160mg! I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is using it.

On a side note - I've started using Noopept recently and have had a good experience with that, too.

Ben

I stopped using it recently, but the stop didn't effect me much, even though the dosage was so high. I definitely have less physical energy, which is interesting.

jyb

So far, I've used it to help me sleep at night. It can be helpful and complements cypro. I'd like to know if its safe to combine both before doing more of that.

Ben

ttramone said:
That's pretty cool that you had no withdrawals Ben. Why did you stop?
I can be positive without it now, so it's not a big deal not to take it now. Someone told me they ordered it, but the package never came, so I'll check if the person indeed ordered it. If I do take it again, I wouldn't bother with the higher doses.

Although Tianeptine improved my mood, it doesn't help my primary issue anyway, motivation. Now I wonder whether there are any healthy drugs that boost motivation.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3403

I can help you improve your health through attitude if you want.

Ben

Charlie said:
Found this today and thought it was interesting:

The plasma binding of the atypical tricyclic antidepressant tianeptine was studied in combination with six drugs, at therapeutic concentrations: cyamemazine, levomepromazine, flunitrazepam, oxazepam, diclofenac and salicylic acid. Of these drugs, only salicylic acid at high plasma concentrations impaired tianeptine binding and thus may potentiate its effects.

Source
Does this mean aspirin can potentiate the effects of tianeptine?

TeslaFan

Ben said:

Actually, everyone should care about dosage. In chemistry, dosage "kind of" matters. For example, nuclear explosion happens only after certain critical mass is reached, otherwise, it doesn't. Dopamine, for another example, is a vasodilator at one dose, and becomes a strong vasoconstrictor at another, even causing ischemic strokes if too high. So, I do care about dosage, and I suggest you start caring, too.

narouz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tianeptine

"Tianeptine research was revolutionised in July 2014 with publication of the unexpected discovery that tianeptine is a full agonist at the μ and δ opioid receptors with negligible effect at the κ opioid receptors.[9] Selective μ opioid agonists in the brain's "hedonic hotspots" typically induce euphoria.[10] Selective kappa agonists typically induce dysphoria. The role of central delta opioid receptors is poorly understood. Dual activation of the mu and, less potently, the delta opioid receptors may be critical to tianeptine's mood-brightening and anxiolytic effect - a therapeutic action seemingly unaccompanied by the physiological tolerance and dependence that have plagued traditional opioids. Previous research into tianeptine may need to be re-evaluated in this light."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom