Experiences With Tianeptine?

sa230e

Has any one here used Tianeptine before? Would you recommend it? Is there a safe and reliable way to acquire it here in North America?

I've been dealing with Anhedonia, listlessness and emotional numbness which I believe was caused by SSRI drugs (Prozac, cipralex, Effexor, Cymbalta). At the very least they certainly exacerbate the problem. I have a lot of digestive problems and I'm pretty sure my serotonin levels are high. If high serotonin numbs me out and makes me so listless, I'm hoping lowering it will improve things.

The carrot salad actually does help but not nearly enough and only for maybe an hour. I have no motivation these days and everything feels so impossible. I'd like to try Tianeptine but I'm wary of taking any more psychiatric drugs. Having been zombified by psychiatric medicines over the last 5 years, I've become pretty disillusioned with psychiatry but I can't stand living in a fog like this.

Also, I've gathered that serotonin and dopamine are somewhat opposed to each other. If you take anti-serotonergic drugs do you get a rush of dopamine? After 2 years on amphetamines any stimulant or dopaminergic substances (Mirapex, Modafinil, energy drinks, coffee and even L-Tyrosine but to a much lesser extent) seems to make me feel "speedy" and just crazy. That's something I don't want to revisit.

FunkOdyssey

I've used it. Slightly positive effect on mood. Often made me very tired and lethargic. Increased libido significantly. Caused some constipation. Improved my asthma symptoms (serotonin causes bronchial constriction).

Interesting bag of pro's and con's for me but it wasn't a magic bullet.

Rayser

You are right, FunkOdyssey, it's not a magic bullet. But the possible side effects are harmless compared with SSRI.
I used ondansetron to lower my serotonin and some friends used cyproheptadine with good effects and no side effects apart from an increased appetite.
Ondansetron - like any drug - can cause a headache which can prevented if you use it with some sugar.

Ray Peat: "I have known a few people who had very good results with tianeptine, and a couple who got side effects from it. I think any of the antiserotonin drugs will eventually cause side effects, and should only be used until a problem is corrected, for example when an enlarged pituitary is normalized. I think the same effects can be produced with nutrition and hormones, without the possible problems.”

jaguar43

sa230e said:
Has any one here used Tianeptine before? Would you recommend it? Is there a safe and reliable way to acquire it here in North America?

I've been dealing with Anhedonia, listlessness and emotional numbness which I believe was caused by SSRI drugs (Prozac, cipralex, Effexor, Cymbalta). At the very least they certainly exacerbate the problem. I have a lot of digestive problems and I'm pretty sure my serotonin levels are high. If high serotonin numbs me out and makes me so listless, I'm hoping lowering it will improve things.

The carrot salad actually does help but not nearly enough and only for maybe an hour. I have no motivation these days and everything feels so impossible. I'd like to try Tianeptine but I'm wary of taking any more psychiatric drugs. Having been zombified by psychiatric medicines over the last 5 years, I've become pretty disillusioned with psychiatry but I can't stand living in a fog like this.

Also, I've gathered that serotonin and dopamine are somewhat opposed to each other. If you take anti-serotonergic drugs do you get a rush of dopamine? After 2 years on amphetamines any stimulant or dopaminergic substances (Mirapex, Modafinil, energy drinks, coffee and even L-Tyrosine but to a much lesser extent) seems to make me feel "speedy" and just crazy. That's something I don't want to revisit.

Yes its works well, I think once you take it for a while you wont need it. You probably need thyroid to go with it because of your past use of ssri's. Lisuride is also good but it can make you feel nauseous. You can buy at

http://www.antiaging-systems.com/185-stablon

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-1070-s ... 125mg.aspx

OP
S

sa230e

jag2594 said:
sa230e said:

Yes its works well, I think once you take it for a while you wont need it. You probably need thyroid to go with it because of your past use of ssri's. Lisuride is also good but it can make you feel nauseous. You can buy at

Thanks for the links. Have you bought from these sites before? I've never ordered from an online pharmacy before. Are they trustworthy? Also are there any legal concerns to watch out for? Can I get into trouble for buying something I don't have a prescription for?

I have used thyroid before. I was on 15mcg/day of cytomel but it never did anything for me. Later I took 1 tablet of nutrimeds dessicated porcine thyroid a day but I stopped it when it started making me feel nauseous and sick.

jaguar43

sa230e said:
jag2594 said:
sa230e said:

Thanks for the links. Have you bought from these sites before? I've never ordered from an online pharmacy before. Are they trustworthy? Also are there any legal concerns to watch out for? Can I get into trouble for buying something I don't have a prescription for?

I have used thyroid before. I was on 15mcg/day of cytomel but it never did anything for me. Later I took 1 tablet of nutrimeds dessicated porcine thyroid a day but I stopped it when it started making me feel nauseous and sick.

I have bought from both of these sites and I do trust them. If i were you i would buy cynoplus and increase your dosage of cytomel. Ray peat does not recommend dessicated thyroid. I too get sick from cynoplus if I don't eat enough. You have to eat more to meet the requirements of the higher metabolic rate.

Mittir

jag2594 said:
Ray peat does not recommend dessicated thyroid.

That sounds like there is something inherently wrong with dessicated thyroid.
Ray Peat stopped recommending Armour thyroid after they changed their formula.
Before that he used and recommended Armour dessicated thyroid. Someone asked
him about other brands of dessicated thyroid and he commented that he does not have
enough detail to form an opinion. He personally uses and recommends cynomel and cynomel plus.
In an interview he also recommended thyrolar. You are right about what you said. I just wanted to
clarify .

4peatssake

Mittir said:
jag2594 said:

him about other brands of dessicated thyroid and he commented that he does not have
enough detail to form an opinion. He personally uses and recommends cynomel and cynomel plus.
In an interview he also recommended thyrolar. You are right about what you said. I just wanted to
clarify .

I think it is important to clarify as well, especially as there are some who are using dessicated thyroid with great success.

In an email to me on April 7, RP said:

I use Cynoplus and Cynomel from http://www.mymexicandrugstore.org, which are generally more economical and more consistent than some of the glandular products.

At that time, he was unaware of the more affordable online Mexican pharmacy http://farmaciadelnino.com/eng/index/ which I informed him about and he is now recommending for purchasing cynoplus and cynomel.

jaguar43

Mittir said:
jag2594 said:

clarify .

There is not unless your can obtain a raw thyroid and dessicate it yourself. But here is the real story

More than 30 years ago, someone demonstrated that only two out of ten "pharmaceutical" brands of thyroid USP contained any thyroid at all, so I sent some documentation to the FDA, and they said they didn't respond to "individual complaints," so I asked the USP what tests were used to define their standard, and they said only the percentage of iodine was considered. (In their written definition of the USP product, that test is to be applied only for defining the potency of a thyroid glandular material, but it takes a little work to determine that a material contains real thyroid substance.) Therefore, iodinated caseine, which is produced in large amounts for agricultural uses, passes their test----but iodinated cornstarch would also pass that test. In the 1990s, the Armour brand name had been sold and resold a few times, and the new owner decided to have the peptide hormone thyrocalcitonin removed from the defatted pig glands (when Armour owned the product, both beef and pork thyroid tablets were available), to sell as a separate extremely profitable drug to treat osteoporosis. That altered glandular material, no longer meeting the legal definition of USP thyroid, was sold for about ten years, with no objection from FDA or USP, and during that time several other changes in the composition of the tablets were made, without biological testing to determine that the product still worked. In the last several years, the FDA has ordered them to change the product, making it more water-dispersible, so they added a polymer, called Explo-tab," to make it swell when added to water. However, that material doesn't swell when the pH is as low as the stomach's. At one point, about ten years ago, people were reporting finding undamaged tablets passing through their intestine. During that time, I found that the very cheap Cynoplus had the same effects as the old glandular Armour tablets. In the 1980s, I think the Armour company was still standardizing their batches by testing on mice, but they were the last ones to claim to do any biological testing. Now, when they "test for strength," they apparently mean nothing more than the old irrelevant iodine test."

http://forums.realthyroidhelp.com/viewt ... =2&t=18794

TeslaFan

I am just finishing my first 60 pills, i.e., 20 days (3 pills per day) of Tianeptine. Actual medicine.

Some background: I was on SSRI (lexapro) for 4 years, and then St. John's Wort for another 4 years. Then I got introduced to Ray Peat.

I took Tianeptine with an intention of reversing some damage from above chemicals.

Result: Feeling more social. I started noticing red colors better. Especially red neon light in the city. I feel my emotional intelligence has improved, too. No side effects that I could notice.

Also, it seems to work like a cure, correcting the problem, instead of as a treatment, so you don't have to take it continuously. It builds up, and I think it will have a long-lasting, if not permanent, effect.

Maybe I'll do another 60 pills next year. I think this is a good chemical, especially for someone with SSRI use in the past.

juanitacarlos

I just started Tianeptine about a week ago. I'm doing the minimum recommended dose (3x12.5mg) and I have had very positive results. I feel less anxious about things (not that I'm super anxious) but mostly I feel determined. I'm seeing issues in my life less as problems and more as just something I need to overcome, and take action to do that. It's actually quite subtle, but noticeable. I don't feel like it's changed me too much, just made me a bit 'better', more like how I want to be. I'm really loving it.

The reason I started taking it due to extensive SSRI use and feeling like I am a definite candidate for learned helplessness. Which would not be surprising due to my incredibly stressful child hood.

I bought 1g of nyles7 on ebay, and can recommend him (he says he can source other 'stuff' as well - as long as it is legal). I recently bought some more from newmind.com which is in the post.

Edit: just wanted to add it's a total pain getting it in powder form. 12.5mg is a very small amount of powder. Also, it is the most foulest tasting sh*t I have had the displeasure of putting into my body. Honestly, it makes thiamine powder taste like chocolate.

I just wanted to add that I also get my stuff from Nyles7; it arrives fairly quickly, but we're both on the west coast so that might help with ship times.

Ben

Do you all get your tianeptine from Nyles7? I wonder if that's the best bang-for-the-buck available.

crusader

doesnt tianeptine (stablon) actually increase serotonin via selec serotonin reuptake enhancer effect, am I missing something here...

Ben

No, it reduces serotonin by taking it back up where it's inactive. SSRI's, with the opposite effect, inhibit this process and the serotonin stays where it's active.

Btw, tianeptine tastes yummeh!

answersfound

tianeptine is the only thing that can give me instant relief from feeling stressed an anxious....seriously a 180 degree turn around...the feeling i get throughout my body is just amazing...i feel like a drug addict, but this just works like a charm...my cold hands and feet dissapear which is a huge indicator of improvement for me

answersfound

juanitacarlos

I think your guy says it's 99% where as newmind states theirs is 98%. Obviously not a massive difference.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom