Experiences With Selegine (Deprenyl) ?

Nokoni

Ive considered this as well, and I believe it is a possibility due to the fact that Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, create severe agitation and anxiety....
Same here. Maybe the catecholamines are too high, in which case deprenyl could make it worse. There's a drug called reserpine, originally derived from Indian snakeroot (rauwolfia serpentina), a long-time blood pressure and anxiety medicine in Ayurvedic medicine, that is very nice for that. It sort of just turns down the volume in your head. I haven't found the prescription drug yet, but the botanical works great. Really nice. Unfortunately the formulation I got (Carditone) causes me gut problems so I've got two different ones on order. Highly recommended.

Another thing you might try is allithiamine. It's just the lipid soluble version of vitamin B-1, which is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, like acetazolamide, which I've also tried but didn't like. But the extra CO2 is very calming and very pleasant. I was surprised at the effect. What makes the allithiamine so effective is that it is more highly absorbed than regular B-1, and it also readily crosses the BB barrier. You might need nothing more.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Same here. Maybe the catecholamines are too high, in which case deprenyl could make it worse. There's a drug called reserpine, originally derived from Indian snakeroot (rauwolfia serpentina), a long-time blood pressure and anxiety medicine in Ayurvedic medicine, that is very nice for that. It sort of just turns down the volume in your head. I haven't found the prescription drug yet, but the botanical works great. Really nice. Unfortunately the formulation I got (Carditone) causes me gut problems so I've got two different ones on order. Highly recommended.

Another thing you might try is allithiamine. It's just the lipid soluble version of vitamin B-1, which is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, like acetazolamide, which I've also tried but didn't like. But the extra CO2 is very calming and very pleasant. I was surprised at the effect. What makes the allithiamine so effective is that it is more highly absorbed than regular B-1, and it also readily crosses the BB barrier. You might need nothing more.

Nice, I also think my propensity toward insomnia is another indication of high cetacholamines.... Any herb like Ginseng, Tribulus, Rhodiola, give severe insomnia and anxiety

redsun

Nice, I also think my propensity toward insomnia is another indication of high cetacholamines.... Any herb like Ginseng, Tribulus, Rhodiola, give severe insomnia and anxiety

Ever tried niacinamide? I have used 3x300mg doses for a few days. Very good way to reduce adrenaline, increase histamine and possibly dopamine by reducing methylation. So overall catecholamines will lower and give you a histamine boost. You should give it a shot. If it helps motivation etc thats a win. Helped me heavily in that department when I took it.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Ever tried niacinamide? I have used 3x300mg doses for a few days. Very good way to reduce adrenaline, increase histamine and possibly dopamine by reducing methylation. So overall catecholamines will lower and give you a histamine boost. You should give it a shot. If it helps motivation etc thats a win. Helped me heavily in that department when I took it.

Yeah I used to use it and once I knew to take it with food and carbs, it gave a nice effect...

SamuraiJack

Yeah I used to use it and once I knew to take it with food and carbs, it gave a nice effect...
Give some copper, zinc and some manganese a go in the morning after breakfast. Add a little vit c (few 100mg to the mix)
The copper/zinc gave me a wonderful dopa boost at first and Mn is very involved in pituitary health.
Zinc:cu 15:1.

Ignoramus

Not sure if this is helpful, but here is my current routine for motivation and creativity (it's working really well for me atm!)

Morning:

-a breakfast of simple carbs like rice cereal, milk and a banana
-4g creatine, 300mg aspirin + a pinch of baking soda dissolved in water then added to OJ
-1 drop sublingual Pansterone
-topical d3 and k2 in navel
-a large coffee or two
-a quick (5 min) plyo/calisthenics workout (eg 1 set of pull-ups, 1 set of hspu, 1 l-sit, pushups...)
-typical peaty diet, though if I have too much sugar it seems to make me too calm to be bothered working, so I mostly avoid it

Evening:

-low dose (1mg) cyproheptadine
-200mg magnesium glycinate
-1g taurine

golder

Is Deprenyl/Selegiline safe to use with other supplements like the ergot family/bromantane?

Nemo

I have absolutely zero motivation in life, even at 40 years old... I am a ******* miserable failure.... I heard this can help, but Does it cause anxiety ? Tyrosine and phenylalanine **** me up...

Frankdee, this just screams hypothyroid. I know your tests have looked okay or marginal, and I know you tried Tyromix but had problems dosing it. I know you've been trying everything to boost thyroid function without actually taking thyroid.

Why don't you dilute Tyromix and try again at a very low dosage spread out through the day? Mix one drop Tyromix with 20-30 drops distilled water or ethanol (I'd start with 30 drops dilution) and start out with one drop of the diluted mix every two hours in the morning, then every four hours in the afternoon. After a month, boost to every hour and a half in the morning, and every three hours in the afternoon. If you need more, move on at two months to every hour in the morning, every two hours in the afternoon.

If you start feeling tightness in your chest, or your fingers get cold right after a dose, or you start feeling depressed or anxious, or you have trouble falling asleep, you're starting too high or raising the level too fast. I remember that you got anxious after 2 drops of full-strength Tyromix in a day. That dose would destroy me.

Then be patient. Expect no improvement for at least a month. But then watch, you will start to see feeling better creeping up around you.

I realize this dose sounds ridiculously low. I know it sounds like a placebo level. But with Tyromix, I get more improvement out of 1.5 mcg of T3 plus 3 mcg of T4 per day than I used to get out of 1.5-2 grains of Thiroyd per day. I have no idea why. Even this small amount is too much unless I spread it out in very small doses throughout the day, with the doses further apart in the afternoon than in the morning.

It normalized my cholesterol and triglyceride numbers, normalized my waking temp and heart rate, ended my depression, fixed my arthritis and nerve pain, keeps me cancer free. I simply never got to this place without it no matter how perfectly I tried to eat or what other supplements I tried.

I wouldn't take Selegine when you so obviously need thyroid.

I bet you'd be a great writer when you start feeling better.

golder

Frankdee, this just screams hypothyroid. I know your tests have looked okay or marginal, and I know you tried Tyromix but had problems dosing it. I know you've been trying everything to boost thyroid function without actually taking thyroid.

Why don't you dilute Tyromix and try again at a very low dosage spread out through the day? Mix one drop Tyromix with 20-30 drops distilled water or ethanol (I'd start with 30 drops dilution) and start out with one drop of the diluted mix every two hours in the morning, then every four hours in the afternoon. After a month, boost to every hour and a half in the morning, and every three hours in the afternoon. If you need more, move on at two months to every hour in the morning, every two hours in the afternoon.

If you start feeling tightness in your chest, or your fingers get cold right after a dose, or you start feeling depressed or anxious, or you have trouble falling asleep, you're starting too high or raising the level too fast. I remember that you got anxious after 2 drops of full-strength Tyromix in a day. That dose would destroy me.

Then be patient. Expect no improvement for at least a month. But then watch, you will start to see feeling better creeping up around you.

I realize this dose sounds ridiculously low. I know it sounds like a placebo level. But with Tyromix, I get more improvement out of 1.5 mcg of T3 plus 3 mcg of T4 per day than I used to get out of 1.5-2 grains of Thiroyd per day. I have no idea why. Even this small amount is too much unless I spread it out in very small doses throughout the day, with the doses further apart in the afternoon than in the morning.

It normalized my cholesterol and triglyceride numbers, normalized my waking temp and heart rate, ended my depression, fixed my arthritis and nerve pain, keeps me cancer free. I simply never got to this place without it no matter how perfectly I tried to eat or what other supplements I tried.

I wouldn't take Selegine when you so obviously need thyroid.

I bet you'd be a great writer when you start feeling better.
Great post, hope he takes your advice! Curious why you do this with the T3/T4 co i and not just T3 at first? I think I remember Ray saying for those severely hypothyroid he recommends low dose T3 only at first?

I may even try your 10-20x diluted idea myself as I’ve been seeing very slow progress!

EU source for buy ?