Experiences With Selegine (Deprenyl) ?

Frankdee20

I have absolutely zero motivation in life, even at 40 years old... I am a ******* miserable failure.... I heard this can help, but Does it cause anxiety ? Tyrosine and phenylalanine **** me up...

Infarouge

It's rapidly metabolized to l-methamphetamine, albeit in tiny (but still potent) dose. All the research surrounding it's anti-parkison, antioxidant, effect are basically identical to microdose pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine. Paracelsus, dose makes poison here. A very clever marketing campaign to supply meth to pets and old people while obfuscating the fact that speed was still the most effective medication for old geezer syndrome. I would avoid it.

Last edited:

SiberHusky

I am close to your age and struggling with similar life long issues. I know from my dna that I have fast mao enzymes. After much research, I thought selegiline would be a brilliant drug for this condition, because it permanently inhibits the enzyme that degrades dopamine. I take 2.5mg a day. It takes a while to reach desired effect, but once it does, it makes me want to go sit outside to bake in the sun and smile at the blue sky (I never have the patience to do so under normal circumstances). I have not experienced anxiety at this dose. YMMV. I would not worry about the l-meth metabolites unless you need to deal with employment drug tests. If you need more info, feel free to reach out privately. There is a good bit of info on reddit as well.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

It's rapidly metabolized to l-methamphetamine, albeit in tiny (but still potent) dose. All the research surrounding it's anti-parkison, antioxidant, effect are basically identical to microdose pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine. Paracelsus, dose makes poison here. A very clever marketing campaign to supply meth to pets and old people while obfuscating the fact that speed was still the most effective medication for old geezer syndrome. I would avoid it. Drugs are bad, mkay?

All facts that I can’t disagree with and your opinion at the end has validity ...

revenant

I like the effect. Makes me happier and more sociable.

L-tyrosine sometimes does that too, but a few times it made me nauseous so I'm not a huge fan. Too bad I can't buy selegiline anywhere anymore.

milkboi

I like the effect. Makes me happier and more sociable.

L-tyrosine sometimes does that too, but a few times it made me nauseous so I'm not a huge fan. Too bad I can't buy selegiline anywhere anymore.

Check out anti-aging systems

I have absolutely zero motivation in life, even at 40 years old... I am a ******* miserable failure.... I heard this can help, but Does it cause anxiety ? Tyrosine and phenylalanine **** me up...

it seems to be one of the more useful pharms on the market,if you can source one with ok excipients.
The Dopamine Agonist Pramipexole at dosages near or under Restless Legs Syndrome dosing is also said to be helpful with "Anhedonia",with not much augmentation or dose increase for that indication.But still,go all other avenues before.And zero motivation can also just be normal,Most people put on a Facade,but the reality of day to day life is harsh.

milkboi

Thanks, but it's prescription only for EU. Also pretty pricey. Used to be dirt cheap from alldaychemist.com but they no longer ship to Finland.

Yeah not sure they follow through with the prescription thing. Faking it would also not be hard.

If you use it sublingually it‘s absorption is increased by a factor of 5. So in the end it‘s still cheap on a day by day basis, just not as cheap as you are used to

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Pretty sure I saw it on AllDayChemist's site, not sure if it is there aymore, it was months since I saw it listed, but wouldn't hurt to check it out.
I used deprenyl for years, and at my job we had to be drug tested, and never tested positive for meth or anything else either. Bear in mind also that deprenyl slows down the loss of dopamine in the substantia nigra at about 13% per decade, where meth causes dopamine loss. I would not conflate the two compounds in terms of how they perform, deprenyl may have meth as a very small metabolite, but the outcome is very different. If it wasn't, you would have some real messed up senior citizens that used it.

Infarouge

Bear in mind also that deprenyl slows down the loss of dopamine in the substantia nigra at about 13% per decade, where meth causes dopamine loss.

Those findings are comparing illicit street speed often in overdose amounts abused by addicts over years, to a microdose of a pharmaceutical grade substance. Microdosing is often known to have a contradictory or "homeopathic" effect. Perhaps this concept could be more accurately framed as overdosing anything is toxic.

I suspect if someone would conduct a study on 200mcg Desoxyn they would find similar if not superior benefits to Selegine. If it could be chelated or bound to PABA and/or DEAE you could have a remarkable anti-aging synergy similar to the Procaine/PABA marriage in Ana Aslan's famous antiaging product Gerovital H3.

Texon

Have you considered the possibility of low testosterone?

Nokoni

Sorry for your troubles. I really liked selegiline. Felt very good on it. It made me feel less anxious, not more. Little bit of trouble with sleep but just took a bit more cypro to overcome it. Unfortunately I had to quit. It's an MAO-B inhibitor, only inhibits MAO-A at higher doses. That turned out to be not true for me. After a while I started getting easily irritated, which I attribute to the selegiline starting to inhibit MAO-A, even though I was on a low dose. But that's because I'm elderly, and so I have declining MAO-A levels. At your age that should not be a problem. I definitely think it's worth a try. I'd also suggest watching your self-talk. You're a good looking guy, a major contributor on this board, and likely a major contributor everywhere you go. When your name pops up I often go to check out what you had to say. Derogatory self-talk can only make things worse.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Sorry for your troubles. I really liked selegiline. Felt very good on it. It made me feel less anxious, not more. Little bit of trouble with sleep but just took a bit more cypro to overcome it. Unfortunately I had to quit. It's an MAO-B inhibitor, only inhibits MAO-A at higher doses. That turned out to be not true for me. After a while I started getting easily irritated, which I attribute to the selegiline starting to inhibit MAO-A, even though I was on a low dose. But that's because I'm elderly, and so I have declining MAO-A levels. At your age that should not be a problem. I definitely think it's worth a try. I'd also suggest watching your self-talk. You're a good looking guy, a major contributor on this board, and likely a major contributor everywhere you go. When your name pops up I often go to check out what you had to say. Derogatory self-talk can only make things worse.

Thank You

redsun

Youve also mentioned other places about taking a lot pro-dopamine, pro-catecholamine type stuff. Maybe your issue is catecholamines as a whole are too high and maybe you need some histamine to tone it down a notch. Maybe look into H3 antagonists?

Also maybe too much salt over your lifetime?It interferes with so many processes,and reduces in an Animal model of High Salt Dieting the amounts of dendrites,synaptic connections,by as much as 30%.This is an extraordinarily strong effect,stupefying..Also Salt messes with Calciumchannels,which get blocked by Ethanol and also stuff like pregabaline.Maybe we find similarity between us and these Animals,this is a compilation i posted some time ago.

Anti-Peat - High-Salt Augments Aldosterone Toxicity Despite Lowered Plasma-Readings

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Youve also mentioned other places about taking a lot pro-dopamine, pro-catecholamine type stuff. Maybe your issue is catecholamines as a whole are too high and maybe you need some histamine to tone it down a notch. Maybe look into H3 antagonists?

Ive considered this as well, and I believe it is a possibility due to the fact that Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, create severe agitation and anxiety....