Experiences With Lisuride?

FredSonoma

There isn't that much information about Lisuride I've found - can anyone share their experience with it? Especially for people with liver / gut / bloating / starch problems?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I really benefited from lisuride for lowering prolactin and felt it was helpful for mood, warming me up nicely and increased (normalized) libido but this was in the context of a middle-aged female with a history of high prolactin so YMMV. It can also cause nausea if not taken with a decent meal and constipation if you depend on serotonin for bowel movements.

Cyproheptadine seemed better in my experience on th GI front.

Koveras

There isn't that much information about Lisuride I've found - can anyone share their experience with it? Especially for people with liver / gut / bloating / starch problems?

Don't have experience with it ..but since you mentioned gut issues Haidut also discussed that a bit here.

Interested to hear what others have to say as well.

Endogenous dopamine is TPH inhibitor (both TPH-1 and TPH-2), and so are dopamine agonists. As such, cabergoline, bromocriptine and lisuride have all been studies for IBS and have been found helpful in support of the serotonin theory of IBS. More importantly, you don't wait for this experimental (and probably expensive) drug to become approved as boosting dopamine or getting of the legal LSD derivatives above is much easier. It is also likely safer as these have been used for decades and their side effects are well known.

All ergolide drugs are mixed agonist-antagonist on the serotonin receptors, but in low doses they have predominantly dopaminergic effects. If you google around for cyproheptadine and IBS you will find info about it.

LX-1031, A Tryptophan 5-hydroxylase Inhibitor That Reduces 5-HT Levels For The Potential Treatment O

Sheik

I was going to order some but decided to check out the website's reviews (canadadrugs.com). People are saying they sell fake medicines.

It's funny because lisuride disappeared from all the places previously mentioned on this forum. So if CanadaDrugs sells fake pills that explains why they've got it in stock.

TheHound

do lsd and lisuride have similar functions? except for the psychedelic affects of course

Sheik

Anybody know where else I could order from? I really want to try this stuff.

Rivka

Blossom may I ask how long were you taking lisuride or are you still taking it? I was wondering if it is safe long term.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Blossom may I ask how long were you taking lisuride or are you still taking it? I was wondering if it is safe long term.
Sure! I took it regularly for about a year but never more than 0.2 mg per day so a fairly low dose. I continued with it off and on for another year an a half just for short periods of time when I felt my prolactin was going up. I only stopped taking it because it became too hard to find. I never worried much about the safety because I knew it was safer than bromocriptine and I had already taken that med at high doses for 2 years from 2007-2009 for my prolactinoma.

Parsifal

I think I've read if recall well that Lisuride could be fibrotic but that Hydergine is the safest of all?

DaveFoster

I think I've read if recall well that Lisuride could be fibrotic but that Hydergine is the safest of all?
Hydergine promotes fibrosis; it's not very safe.

cyclops

Do you think Lisuride has the potential to negatively mess with the reward center of the brain and therefore motivation? Meaning if someone who is not achieving much in their life took it, they could get rewarded with dopamine without having to do anything. And this could make them unmotivated to make changes they need to?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals