Experiences With Antibiotics? (Tetracycline, Doxycycline, Minocycline)

Mauritio

I have been taking Minocycline for 1 week and I did feel pretty good the first few days but then I started getting flu symptoms ...I took a table spoon of activated chracoal and the next day when I woke up i felt much worse: dark circles under eyes,tired swollen face ...
And even a few days after taking charcoal its still not completely gone and everytime I take Mino it makes it a bit worse for some hours .
So what I am wondering is Mino just not working since my serotonergic symptoms are not at all better at the moment than before or should push through and keep taking it ?
I take 50 mg per day ,but took 100mg today and didnt feel much better or worse ,probably slightly worse.

T

TheBeard

I have been taking Minocycline for 1 week and I did feel pretty good the first few days but then I started getting flu symptoms ...I took a table spoon of activated chracoal and the next day when I woke up i felt much worse: dark circles under eyes,tired swollen face ...
And even a few days after taking charcoal its still not completely gone and everytime I take Mino it makes it a bit worse for some hours .
So what I am wondering is Mino just not working since my serotonergic symptoms are not at all better at the moment than before or should push through and keep taking it ?
I take 50 mg per day ,but took 100mg today and didnt feel much better or worse ,probably slightly worse.

Hexing?
Do psyllium + clay shakes to swipe the dead bacteria out

Mauritio

Hexing?
Do psyllium + clay shakes to swipe the dead bacteria out
I think thats what the Charcoal was intended for but made it worse ,so not sure...
Also I found this quote regarding Mino on the forum:

"
Minocycline is a bacteriostatic antibacterial - meaning it inhibits bacterial replication, but it does not kill them. Hence - no die off or increased endotoxin. It has a variety of other effects though - including potential liver injury."

Also i must say that the last days i have been more bloated than ever -didnt think that was possible :/

Last edited:
T

TheBeard

I think thats what the Charcoal was intended for but made it worse ,so not sure...
Also I found this quote regarding Mino on the forum:

"
Minocycline is a bacteriostatic antibacterial - meaning it inhibits bacterial replication, but it does not kill them. Hence - no die off or increased endotoxin. It has a variety of other effects though - including potential liver injury."

Also i must say that the last days i have been more bloated than ever -didnt think that was possible :/

The psyllium physically cleans your guts, unlike the charcoal.
That’s why you use a penicillin derivative such as Augmentin, which is bactericidal, to limit the rebound effect of bacteria upon sessation.

Just like you would use Aromasin for estrogen, not Arimidex which will cause a rebound effect

Last edited by a moderator:

Mauritio

The psyllium physically cleans your guts, unlike the charcoal.
That’s why you use a penicillin derivative such as Augmentin, which is bactericidal, to limit the rebound effect of bacteriabupon sessation.

Just like you would use Aromasin for estrogen, not Arimidex which will cause a rebound effect
I might give it a try . Thanks for the idea. I have tried like a year ago when I had constant diarrhea/ constipation ,but all it did was constipation .

I have ordered Amoxicilin and Erythromycin . I will try those next.
Maybe until then I'll take the Mino every second day to net get too drowsy and puffy and see if it sticks ...

T

TheBeard

I might give it a try . Thanks for the idea. I have tried like a year ago when I had constant diarrhea/ constipation ,but all it did was constipation .

I have ordered Amoxicilin and Erythromycin . I will try those next.
Maybe until then I'll take the Mino every second day to net get too drowsy and puffy and see if it sticks ...

Mino and Doxy are pretty old school antibiotics and have too many sides.

Do Azithromycin instead

Mauritio

I tried them both ... and especially doxy felt pretty mild to me . But they didnt target the pain above the appendix area really.
What makes you favor Azithromycin ?

unicorn

I think tetracycline can be useful but it is NOT something to take lightly. Yes it chelates iron and kills bad bacteria but it also chelates zinc/copper/etc and kills good bacteria. I think it could have use in a combination therapy with zinc/copper/electrolytes and fermented foods but as a stand alone it's very hit or miss. Internet is filled with antibiotic horror stories. Some people have good results.

I wonder what @haidut has to say about Doxy chelating (depleting) important metals/minerals in the body?

RawEel

I have used Doxy and Mino
I know 3 people who used Doxy DAILY at 100mg for multiple YEARS without interruption
the improvement in their health both physical and mental was marked
I have used it for months without interruption with consistent improvements in mood/pulse/temps/behavior/etc. I use it now much as robknob described above intermittently
1-2x per year.

I think the antibiotic conversation is simply "you need what you need and you don't need what you don't need"
there is no narrative that will lead you to "its right" or "its wrong" without simply running your own experiment.

Outside of thyroid supplementation nothing was or has been as powerful as Doxy

My experience with Mino was not nearly as good
I did not note improvements in mood nor pulse nor temp nor anything else
I took 200mg/day for 3 weeks.
Have you experienced any nausea with doxycycline? I'm really struggling

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals