Experience With Vitamin A And Acne

Edward

moriwatzi said:
I would give it another try with ample zinc, but I'm having second thoughts since Peat feels rather strongly against zinc, at least in supplemental forms.

I don't recommend supplemental zinc as well. But zinc from oysters is fine. You don't need to eat many. Just a couple is usually fine. I eat about 3 or 4 for sure once per week maybe twice on occasion. I'm sure more is fine as well, there are plenty of traditional cultures that ate significantly more zinc from different sea critters. It's also important to get plenty of calories. If there is underlying inflammation it is probably a downstream effect and so eating more can help. But don't pay attention to the number "I" eat, start off with one or two and note for changes, if you feel better or there is improvement add some till you get where you want to be. If you eat meat sometimes meat can increase the demand for thyroid, sometimes acne is just a matter of improving thyroid function and in that case reducing meat (you don't have to eliminate it) can sometimes lower the burden on the thyroid and bring it to where it needs to be. You can play with that, if you notice an improvement when you reduce meat then that would be a clue that it's related to the thyroid. If not then it could be the zinc.

moriwatzi

Hey Edward,

I do think I have noticed improvement already from increased zinc, lowered Vitamin A and a bit more calories. What would you recommend against excessive sebum production though? Very interested to hear! Cheers

chris

How are we supposed to know when we hit the right amount of vit a?

BaconBits

But how is this vitamin A from fish liver oil even made. When they make cod liver oil they distilled the oil to remove the heavy metals, pesticides, that removes the vitamins also and after that the add synthetic vitamins back in. If they say the vitamins are "natural", would that mean that the part which they removed that contains heavy metals, pesticides and vitamins was somehow refined to only have the vitamins.

Does anybody know if this vitamin a from halibut liver oil or cod liver oil is safe??

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v1 ... 726a0.html