Experience With Phages?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom: I have a friend who has a similar infection and symptoms, so I'm curious about your results. Did the phages eliminate your infection, and if not, what did?
The sinus/bronchial issues seem to have resolved completely at this time. I just finished the bottle of 30 capsules a couple days ago but the symptoms started improving within a few days. I will definitely use them again if needed in the future.

Arctic Fire

The sinus/bronchial issues seem to have resolved completely at this time. I just finished the bottle of 30 capsules a couple days ago but the symptoms started improving within a few days. I will definitely use them again if needed in the future.

Great, thanks.

L

lollipop

I think this is key - Symptom use for short period of time rather than regular use.

Beastmode

I tried the Floraphage and didn't notice much of a difference. My wife on the other hand said she had little to no bloating when taking it.

I ordred the other LifeExtension product Florassist to see if the liquid form, after discarding the capsule, will make a difference compared to the powder in Floraphage.

Anyone else notice a difference experimenting between these 2?

OP
ecstatichamster
I have found them very useful. Since I cut starch, they seem to be helping lower intestinal inflammation. Very useful. I plan on stopping in a bit, have been on them for about 2 weeks this time.

dfspcc20

Best taken with food or on empty stomach?

Douglas Ek

I am trying Nutrivee phages, one capsule per day with food. Haven't noticed a difference yet after three days.

Anyone else trying phages?

From what i understood different phages kill different strains of bacteria? How would you know if you had the bacteria and the right strain of phage?

SOMO

From what i understood different phages kill different strains of bacteria? How would you know if you had the bacteria and the right strain of phage?

That's the thing.

There are literally THOUSANDS of Phages, just like there are THOUSANDS of Bacteria.

And many of the Phages that compete with the SUPER COMMON PATHOGENIC BACTERIA like STREP are not yet available on the market for consumers to purchase.

There's less than 10 phages right now that are commercially available and it's doubtful any of these could treat a simple skin infection or a case of diarrhea.

I've taken huge doses of the Phages that you can buy on Amazon and it didn't do anything.

But I took 0.5 of an Amoxicillin and within an hour I felt SERENE and calm (mentally), with a slight purging effect so Amoxicillin goes to work quick and has a noticeable positive effect. On the plus side, I didn't feel "worse."

But taking Phages when you have Leaky Gut is probably a bad idea because, assuming it does work, you will release a lot of LPS into the blood.

SOMO

I don’t think they are very selective.

They're actually more selective than Antibiotics.

But....as RP says, trying to Micromanage the Microbiome won't work, it's simply too complex.
It's near impossible to isolate 1 strain of bacteria and say "that bacteria is the cause of my health issues."

Trying to kill/control 1 strain of microbe with another strain of microbe is a good way to create an abnormal/unnatural Gut Ecosystem.

lvysaur

just the bacteriophages without probiotics, right? I've noticed a big difference. I've experienced a slowing of the bowel and slight constipation, which is very abnormal for me.
Has anyone noticed an increase in body odor?
I have never done phages, but these are both symptoms I get when I eat a lower fiber diet. Usually I'm eating cheese and grains when in this mode, because it means I'm too lazy to make/buy proper stuff.

I'll end up not pooping for two days or so, and I'll be very brain focused but not socially energetic during those days. I can do mental tasks very well, but I can't really "project" my personality if that makes sense. After I poop and shower, I'll get a musky but very normal body odor--it smells completely different from the "stress" BO.

In the past I have often had loose stools, and/or small diameter stools, which I took as a possible sign of internal inflammation (i.e. small diameter due to inflamed intestine making for smaller passageways). After phages, I've had some "healthy" movements. Very healthy. And no more loose stools.
Also this. My stools become thicker and darker, which I view as optimal.

Mauritio

Anything new to report by anybody ?

Mauritio

I have tried phages for the last two months :

They have a totally different effect depending on the brand .
I tried arthur adrews and life extensions product with phage technology.
Life extension gives me more testosterone symptoms like more self confidence and better eq and muscle pump but also higher estrogen symptoms, like beeing a sissy and taking things personally (I guess) .
Arthur andrews gives me mainly symptoms of reduced serotonin and lower T , but I also seem to be slimmer so it might be enhancing my metabolism. I have only taken arthur andrews 3 times since I didn't like the way it felt , but I also ate sth. bad during that period so the jury is still out if it works or not
On the other Hand I have taken Life Extension for 6 weeks everyday and I can def say it improves my life quality in every way.

This is all very early kind of experimenting stage . But i find it noteworthy that products that presumably contain the same phages feel so different. Maybe its the probiotics in LE ?!

The next one to try is Sunwarrior Brand. Sunwarrior, Probiotics, 30 Vegan Capsules .Has anyone tried this one?
It contains the same phages as LE but different bacteria e.g. B. subtilis ( recommended /allowed by peat) and S. boullardii which has some great reviews on the web.

Bart1

I have tried phages for the last two months :

They have a totally different effect depending on the brand .
I tried arthur adrews and life extensions product with phage technology.
Life extension gives me more testosterone symptoms like more self confidence and better eq and muscle pump but also higher estrogen symptoms, like beeing a sissy and taking things personally (I guess) .
Arthur andrews gives me mainly symptoms of reduced serotonin and lower T , but I also seem to be slimmer so it might be enhancing my metabolism. I have only taken arthur andrews 3 times since I didn't like the way it felt , but I also ate sth. bad during that period so the jury is still out if it works or not
On the other Hand I have taken Life Extension for 6 weeks everyday and I can def say it improves my life quality in every way.

This is all very early kind of experimenting stage . But i find it noteworthy that products that presumably contain the same phages feel so different. Maybe its the probiotics in LE ?!

The next one to try is Sunwarrior Brand. Sunwarrior, Probiotics, 30 Vegan Capsules .Has anyone tried this one?
It contains the same phages as LE but different bacteria e.g. B. subtilis ( recommended /allowed by peat) and S. boullardii which has some great reviews on the web.
I’ve tried both of them as well. Generally I have positive experience with them. But with severe disbiosis I think antibiotics are more helpful.

LEF gave me some sinus trouble the first days, pretty weird. It did help a bit but not enough.

Same goes for floraphage. It did reduce my bloat a bit but not powerful enough. I think next time I will use more pills per day.

I just ordered phage complete and will try that. The probiotics in there are different than the LEF product, so I wanna try that. Probably gonna combine it with megasporebiotic, like Danny Roddy did. I tried that combination with LEF as well, worked good however my metabolism wasn’t up enough to maintain good gut health