Experience With Phages?

Birdie

He has recommended Floraphage or Florassist to me
Yes, thanks. I've heard him recommend those two. But I am wondering about how to take the phage.

I guess just follow the directions on the bottle. Just says to take 1-2 caps daily with 8oz of water.
I assume Ray would say to take it with juice as he doesn't recommend water unless we are thirsty.

But it bothers me about possible reactions with other sups . Know what I mean?

Birdie

Same for me. Today is my 6th day of using Nutrivee. The only other effect it has had, is that my appetite has decreased.

Edit: I'll add, I am taking it with food like the bottle says, and not long after I take it, I feel a slight warming sensation in my gut.
Glad to get the info about taking with food. My bottle of Floraphages doesn't mention that. Maybe it's optional then.

Birdie

The products available in the US, per Dan Wich, are for E. coli.
Other phages, say for Staph, are available otc in Europe. Some are purportedly getting them from Russia.

These lectures are incredible, but maybe not applicable to the phages available in the US... ?

tankasnowgod

But it bothers me about possible reactions with other sups . Know what I mean?

Well, I'd think you'd want to avoid Iron Supplements, but that probably goes for pretty much any sort of pro/pre/anti-biotic protocol. Other than that, I would think mainly be supplements that either cause diarrhea or constipation, but that would be more of a "don't make too many gut alterations at once" sort of thing. Like, don't start Taurine, Magnesium, Cascara, and Phages all at the same time. Giving yourself time to adjust, I don't see why you couldn't take them all, assuming you've given yourself time to adjust to the dosages.

Birdie

Well, I'd think you'd want to avoid Iron Supplements, but that probably goes for pretty much any sort of pro/pre/anti-biotic protocol. Other than that, I would think mainly be supplements that either cause diarrhea or constipation, but that would be more of a "don't make too many gut alterations at once" sort of thing. Like, don't start Taurine, Magnesium, Cascara, and Phages all at the same time. Giving yourself time to adjust, I don't see why you couldn't take them all, assuming you've given yourself time to adjust to the dosages.
Thanks. He's using magnesium already and did just start cascara. Not planning on taurine. Yeah, don't want to start too many gut things at once.

He is using 100mg of ampicillin twice a day. He took the phages for 45 days. Now a break from them while he continues ampicillin a few more days.

Then, I think a break of some days and back to the phages for 2 weeks I'm thinking.

Philippe

Ray also gave me the same answer for disturbed digestion: "It’s often helpful to eliminate all starches (vegetables, bread, starchy fruits), and to increase milk, in place of some of the meat and fish (to increase the ratio of calcium to phosphate), to supplement vitamin D (for a blood level of about 50 to 55 ng/ml, and to have about two quarts of orange juice per day. Cacao and honey can be allergenic. Bacteriophage (Florassist or Floraphage) are sometimes helpful for intestinal dysbiosis."

Birdie

Update is that husband reported this week that his colon is "about back to normal".
Now he has normal poop rather than ribbon stools.

He did use the phages again for one week.
He went off bread for about 2weeks, and has been back eating it for about 2 weeks now.

I started him on LDN by the way. He got a good response and is continuing to use 3ml in the morning.

I finally realized that his problem probably was caused by adhesions at a former surgery site.
He'd had an intestinal blockage about 20 years ago that required surgery.

We'll keep phages on hand. Thanks everybody. Especially thanks @ecstatichamster for starting this conversation.

Pointless

Interesting experience with phages this morning. I woke up a few hours early and couldn't get back to sleep. I drank some milk to no avail. My nose was running, throat felt sore and constricted, and felt tension and gurgling in my abdomen. My hands and feet were cold. I have been increasing my calories which has helped a lot with increasing my metabolism and reducing stress in general, but I was feeling unwell.

I resolved to try phages which I bought a few months ago but never trialled. Nutrivee. I broke open a capsule and swished it around in my mouth with milk and swallowed it.

Within 5 minutes: relaxed and sleepy like cortisol reduction, started to feel a morning arousal which I haven't experienced lately, reduced bloating, and miraculously, I could breathe through both nostrils comfortably while lying down! Also I could sing high notes without my voice cracking! I can't remember the last time I've done either of those things. Possibly life-long symptoms. I was also warmer in my hands and feet. My current temp is 98.4, which is great for me!! All on zero thyroid hormone. I started to experience some gas and slightly loose stools later in the day, but nothing major.

I am taking caffeine, niacinamide, theanine, fat solubles, dried liver, cyproheptadine, all for the past month or longer.

Waynish

Interesting experience with phages this morning. I woke up a few hours early and couldn't get back to sleep. I drank some milk to no avail. My nose was running, throat felt sore and constricted, and felt tension and gurgling in my abdomen. My hands and feet were cold. I have been increasing my calories which has helped a lot with increasing my metabolism and reducing stress in general, but I was feeling unwell.

I resolved to try phages which I bought a few months ago but never trialled. Nutrivee. I broke open a capsule and swished it around in my mouth with milk and swallowed it.

Within 5 minutes: relaxed and sleepy like cortisol reduction, started to feel a morning arousal which I haven't experienced lately, reduced bloating, and miraculously, I could breathe through both nostrils comfortably while lying down! Also I could sing high notes without my voice cracking! I can't remember the last time I've done either of those things. Possibly life-long symptoms. I was also warmer in my hands and feet. My current temp is 98.4, which is great for me!! All on zero thyroid hormone. I started to experience some gas and slightly loose stools later in the day, but nothing major.

I am taking caffeine, niacinamide, theanine, fat solubles, dried liver, cyproheptadine, all for the past month or longer.

Ya there's certainly some stuff we're not understanding about human-bacterial symbiosis. I don't think we should take an overly simplistic view about "antibacterials" - some people dose themselves with carrots in here like they're trying to fight a fire! :P

Pointless

I've been taking these phages once/day for about 2 and a half weeks. My initial experience was altogether positive. However, since about 1 week in, I started getting a worsening of symptoms: bloating, loose stools, painful urination, stuffy nose. These have been MINOR and could be dealt with if I had to. I'm wondering if anyone who has more experience with phages could chime in on what I should do? Stop altogether? Cycle off and then back on a week later? Keep fighting through the die-off hoping for a total cure? I see people are having symptoms get better or worse at different times, but it doesn't seem to be consistent. I'm a little confused about the best way to proceed.

Thanks.

Peatful

I've been taking these phages once/day for about 2 and a half weeks. My initial experience was altogether positive. However, since about 1 week in, I started getting a worsening of symptoms: bloating, loose stools, painful urination, stuffy nose. These have been MINOR and could be dealt with if I had to. I'm wondering if anyone who has more experience with phages could chime in on what I should do? Stop altogether? Cycle off and then back on a week later? Keep fighting through the die-off hoping for a total cure? I see people are having symptoms get better or worse at different times, but it doesn't seem to be consistent. I'm a little confused about the best way to proceed.

Thanks.
I took LE Florassist with phage technology.
I took them due to severe constipation, mucous in my stool, mouth sores from benign foods, etc.

It took me 21 days to feel benefits.
The first two weeks my symptoms seemed to get worse.

By day 30, the whole bottle at 1x day, the results were great.
The mouth sores, constipation and mucous were gone.

keith

Thanks.

I wouldn't say I have more experience, but I've had some. I do find taking them long term results in distress for me, after a two week every day experiment, I've gone to taking them occasionally for digestive issues as they come. I think they improved my gut health overall. I don't think they are an every day thing, at least not for me. I actually noticed an almost immediate improvement, but no further improvement from taking them longer, so I think short term use is effective, and ongoing use may not yield any additional benefits, and may make things worse.

Others seem to have had different experiences, so it may be an individual thing.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I started using phages 2 days ago and I must say so far I prefer them over antibiotics. I'm using this one mentioned by @Tarmander.
Ultimate Prebiotic
I might be carrying around more 'antibiotic resistant ' organisms than most people due to my work so that could be why they seem more helpful for me. Just speculating. I've been having colorful sinus/bronchial secretions and an off and on fever indicating an infection. Ampicillin did absolutely nothing to help and in fact I started feeling worse. Things have started to improve already with just one pill per day of the phages! I plan on completing the bottle of 30.

L

lollipop

One month since I started them and have seen excellent results. I used Nutrivee which was basically the same formula as the product @Tarmander recommended above. It was sold to a company called Vibranelle. They have not changed the formula. Both products, Tarmander’s and the one I am taking, source the phages from the same lab.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
One month since I started them and have seen excellent results. I used Nutrivee which was basically the same formula as the product @Tarmander recommended above. It was sold to a company called Vibranelle. They have not changed the formula. Both products, Tarmander’s and the one I am taking, source the phages from the same lab.
Awesome, good to know Lisa.

Beastmode

I just ordered Floraphage, per Ray Peat's advice. Ray's suggestion to me, and in his own experience with them, was to discard the capsule.

I won't get mine in for another 10 days, but I will definitely share my experience.

Wilfrid

Earlier therapeutic experiences with phages called for a specific procedure: taking the phages , around half an hour, before eating and, very important point, after neutralizing gastric acid by oral administration of baking soda or bicarbonated mineral ( like Vichy ) water a few minutes prior to phage administration.
I think @haidut and some other members have reported some kind of stomach distress from taking the phages, maybe the above procedure is a reliable way to prevent it ( as well as discaring the capsule like Ray recommend ).

Arctic Fire

@Blossom: I have a friend who has a similar infection and symptoms, so I'm curious about your results. Did the phages eliminate your infection, and if not, what did?

I started using phages 2 days ago and I must say so far I prefer them over antibiotics. I'm using this one mentioned by @Tarmander.
Ultimate Prebiotic
I might be carrying around more 'antibiotic resistant ' organisms than most people due to my work so that could be why they seem more helpful for me. Just speculating. I've been having colorful sinus/bronchial secretions and an off and on fever indicating an infection. Ampicillin did absolutely nothing to help and in fact I started feeling worse. Things have started to improve already with just one pill per day of the phages! I plan on completing the bottle of 30.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals